RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Oh bugger!!

This format is just right for me as the short practice and Qual etc would fit in b4 I go to work, but it's my Niece and Nephews (yes they're twins) Birthday this Tuesday so I can't do it.

Bram will you be running this format every Tuesday or is it a one off?

If it is a weekly thing then I'll be there in future:)

Almost forgot about this one, turns out I can make it tonight. To bad I haven't had time to practice. Doesn't matter, I'm game! Please sign me up.

If anyone is having a decent/stable setup he/she doesn't mind sharing, I would be really thankfull! :cute:

edit: 20:00 GMT is now 21:00 CET time right? Cause of the summer save time etc? I'm from the Netherlands, if any dutchie can confirm its 21:00, thanks in advance!

Confirmed! :)

Almost forgot about this one, turns out I can make it tonight. To bad I haven't had time to practice. Doesn't matter, I'm game! Please sign me up.

If anyone is having a decent/stable setup he/she doesn't mind sharing, I would be really thankfull! :cute:

edit: 20:00 GMT is now 21:00 CET time right? Cause of the summer save time etc? I'm from the Netherlands, if any dutchie can confirm its 21:00, thanks in advance!

Thankyou to Yves and RD for setting this up.

Thankyou especially to Richard for coming to the rescue when the server went :tits:up!

Well - I had a very crappy couple of races, just seem to not be able to get it together recently. I must, must, must learn to stop making so many changes to everything... and I don't just mean in car setup, although I am having some real dilemas over steering locks at the moment and tried numerous numbers between 13 and 20 degrees in the short time last night, as well as a BMW and a Honda.... also experimenting with changing steering,throttle and brake sensitivity - now I put it like that I realise how I am making life more difficult than I need to..... Add to that going from Swngman, to headtracking, back to cockpit and this last week cockpit with look to apex between 30% and 60%... and not been able to get a grip of where people are around me, no wonder I'm struggling this last week or two - I think Keith saw me struggling to work out where he was last night a couple of times when he was near... oh for a triple head and the hardware to make it all work..... dream dream dream....

On a more positive note I guess at least I didn't ruin anyones race or add to my recently growing tally of blue flags!

Cheers guys, n one day I promise I'll get it together again!

Why on earth would you want to see Neked (sic) pictures of some of the fellas that drive here? I knew there was something very wrong about you Dave. :vampire:

I don't really want to see ones of the fellas, was dreaming of Girls Neked racing when I poasted, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm maybe we could organise a naked racing even for all the (18+) Miss iOpener entrants!

Yes I know theres something very wrong Richard, but I know it, I admit it, I embrace it and am harmless with it too, lol!

I am having some real dilemas over steering locks at the moment and tried numerous numbers between 13 and 20 degrees in the short time last night, as well as a BMW and a Honda....

I use a G25 with 720deg and 26.5 give that a try. works well for all tourers.

i also have the flappy paddles bound look left and right.

i drive from hood with virtual mirror and look to apex of 35.

got a decent set of speakers hear and listening to other cars engine note helps position where it is. my rule too, if in doubt leave a car width.

Some of you will have seen some of my inane posts around on RD - and some of you will have got that, often I get it right, but often I get it wrong too - when I get it wrong, and someone brings it to my attention (in a reasonable way "I don't agree there Dave, because ....") I try to see their side of things and move on, lifes too short and all that...

Anyway, my reason for posting - I saw in another thread that Rob had been banned:shock:, so I went looking and found this thread, now you could say I am involving myself in something that I know nothing about and is nothing to do with me, thats your perogative, but I am here, an active (even if a slow) member - and that in itself means I AM entitled to an opinion and CAN post my views freely - so long as I follow the rules we ALL agreed to when we signed up... Now I have read this entire thread, admitedely after the mod edits and have a couple of comments - I have quoted one particular post, not to pick on the original poster, but because my views are best demonstrated by using quotes from that post to get my point over, so here goes :

to refresh your tiny mind
ATTACKING MEMBERS, NEEED I SAY MORE - REMEMBER ITS NOT THE WORDS BUT THE TONE THAT SOMETIMES SAYS MORE IN A POST.

since when did an off topic poast require moderation in a mini friday thread - or any racing club thread for that matter?
IT DIDN'T, BUT ITS AGAINST THE RULES, RESPECT THEM FOR THE FACT THAT THEY GAVE YOU SOME SLACK IN THE 'ROPE' INSTEAD OF GOING AND HANGING YOURSELVES WITH IT!

why the clampdown now, seeing as this has been happening, as i said, for over a year?
SAME AS ABOVE

could it be "the moderator" is intentionally trying to architect this very situation?
MAYBE THATS THE CASE, I DON'T KNOW, WHAT I DO KNOW IS MODDING CAN'T BE AN EASY JOB, DON'T FORGET ANY FORUM HAS A RESPONSIBILITY TO STAY WITHIN THE BOUNDS OF DECENCY, AND THAT INCLUDES MAKING A STAND AGAINST SEXISM AND RACISM, OR THE ADMINS AND PEOPLE RESPONSIBLE COULD FIND THEMSELVES IN THE FIRING LINE OF LEGAL ACTION (UNLIKELY BUT POSSIBLE), BUT THEY STILL HAVE TO BEAR THIS IN MIND.

yes... but you're new... you came in via the back door... and i don't think you really "get" what goes on around here.... i find it hard to respect the opinion of a guy who's only been here for five minutes...... how can you possibly have a valid view on things?
ONE THAT P*SSED ME OFF MOST THIS - I SEE THIS WAY OF THINKING OVER AND OVER - REMEMBER WE ALL WORE NAPPIES ONCE, WE WERE ALL NOOBS ONCE (I STILL AM), BUT JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE IS YOUNG, OR NEW DOES NOT MEAN THEIR CONTRIBUTION IS ANY LESS VALUABLE, INDEED NEW VIEWS AND OPINIONS CAN STOP ANY FORUM OR ORGANISATION FROM STAGNATING AND FALLING BY THE WAYSIDE. (Ross if you see this, you know where I'm coming from, hope you picked up on my apology)

yes indeed... obviously it's impossible to have a rational and logical discussion with a man who comes from a country where they stick spears in defenseless bulls... but if pounding your hairy, caveman fists on the floor is what makes you happy, who am i to argue with you?
I LEARNED A LONG, LONG TIME AGO THAT DIFFERENT PEOPLE, FROM DIFFERENT COUNTRIES WILL TAKE MAJOR OFFENCE AT COMMENTS THAT OTHERS MAY NOT SEE AS OFFENSIVE, OPEN YOUR EYES PEOPLE, I DON'T SEE THIS AS RACIST, BUT I DO SEE THAT MANY COULD SEE IT THAT WAY, RACISM DOESN'T HAVE TO BE ABOUT COLOUR TO COUNT AS RACISM, AND JUST FOR GOOD MEASURE YOU ROUNDED IT OFF WITH A PERSONAL ATTACK TOO...HMMM NOT THE BRIGHTEST COMMENT I HAVE SEEN ON HERE.

i can't stick this facsist regime any longer... so buxton, sign me out....
I REFER YOU ALL TO COMMENTS ABOVE ABOUT DIFFICULTY OF ADMINS JOBS AND NEED FOR A NON AGE RESTRICTED FORUM TO REMAIN WITHIN THE BOUNDS OF DECENCY...

but i do promise you this - you've ****ed with the wrong cat...
HOPE THEY HAVEN'T, HOPE THIS ALL BLOWS OVER, HOPE YOU ALL CAN SEE, AS ANYONE READING THIS THREASD IN AN UNBIASED WAY CAN, THAT THEY DID GIVE ADEQUATE WARNING AND DID ASK POLITELY MORE THAN ONCE BEFORE TAKING SUCH DRASTIC ACTION, HOPE YOU CAN ALL COME BACK AND BOTH SIDES SEE IT JUST GOT, UNNECESSARILY, A BIT OUT OF HAND, I HAPPEN TO BELEIVE HAVING ALL OF YOU AROUND BRIGHTENS RD UP TBH AND I WISH I HAD YOUR (ONLINE) RACING SKILL AND 99.9% OF THE TIME I ENJOY YOUR POSTS, LIKE I SAID WAS SHOCKED TO SEE BANS IN PLACE FOR WHAT I SEE AS VERY, VERY VALUED RD MEMBERS, SEE THE LIGHT MAKE YOUR APOLGIES, WHERE THEY ARE DUE AND LETS ALL MOVE ON PLEASE (BEEN ABLE TO HOLD YOUR HANDS UP, APOLOGISE AND MOVE ON MAKES YOU MEN NOT MICE IN THE REAL WORLD)

Anyway thats my opinions, I can't influence admin, same as I can't influence your next actions, its a SAD day if RD does loose you all.

Glad I didn't have a look right when we were three abreast on the start/finish straight. :) It didn't end well though, I didn't want to take too much advantage from the pit lane exit and didn't realise I was so close to Dennis's car. Still it gave us some fun battling between each other at the rear of the field.

Oh and Dave, you didn't come 10th out of 9, as you gloomily predicted pre-race. :)

I've made a deliberate point of making no comments about these "troubles",not my business and im lacking in many of the actual "facts"....All i will say here on this is,i really dont think Dave Buxton deserves this does he?,poor bugger caught in the middle trying to juggle the situation,and ending up feeling guilty himself!?!!,all a bit shameful how he wasnt supported by "so called" freinds...

Edit: If i wasnt commited to Thommos rF event this Friday i would be jumping in here rapid style Buxters! :good:.

Please, lets keep this thread back on-topic.

Too much discussion about this matter leads to even more discussion.
Everything is said that had to be said.

People are banned, lets not kick them even harder. Keep on respecting each other as you want to be respected. Just be the better one and stand above what people might have said.

That saying, lets roll on this 'new-style' Friday. Have some fun guys.

PS. that definitely means no more discussions about it!

Can you put me down for reserve please?

ta :)
David you missed one mate
David you missed one mate
Quote x2. Seeing as it's been overlooked with the constant BS posts. :struggle:

Sorry to be harsh.... but it's all to much now:sleepy:, I don't know nor care as to why this all came about, it's not for me to comment on. but for the love of god please get back on the topic we are all here for.... ie. RACING!:fwd:

Many thanks :focus:

And that is exactly the reason why sign-up threads should be on topic.

1. Before a race a proper sign up procedure, so the moderator/organizer doesnt have to check it 200 times a day
  2. Race!
  3. After the race a nice race report from the drivers
I have put Neil Slater on the list, thanks Matt! :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 429 69.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 267 43.2%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 285 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 126 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 168 27.2%
Back