RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Bridgehampton Redux

I thoroughly enjoyed myself this Friday. My times were greatly improved over our last WTCC visit here and I was confident I could put in a consistent pace, all be it, slower than the cream of the crop. I also knew from that event, that consistency and driving mistake free is the key to finishing well at Bridgehampton.

In the early practice runs, I was posting some good lap times (for me at least) and while not up with the fast guns, I was at least not floundering at the bottom of the barrel.

On my qualifying run, I wasn't as confident as I could have been on approach to the first 3 turns, but I forced myself to start pushing and got back into the groove. I wasn’t too pleased with my 1:31.91 time, which was at least ½ second off of my better runs during the practice sessions and 0.7 seconds off of my personal best. I felt that I needed that ½ second to not be mired somewhere behind midfield. I was pleasantly surprised to end up with a starting position of 10th.

I wanted to be a little more forceful (not aggressive) with my start, knowing that I was starting in the midst of some of the highest ranked drivers at RD. Yuri, who had the grid spot directly in front of me, got off to a slightly slower start than I did, but before I could opt to move to his inside, Eric Nelson was already filling that gap from his 9th starting position. Dariusz shot his BMW past on the far outside making a sandwich of Claudio. The track is now full ahead of me and we have just barely left our grid marks. Dennis Phelan now fills the hole vacated by Eric Nelson. Even so, I have only dropped 2 spots by the bridge.

Dennis drops his left rear wheel into the dirt in Turn 1. This bunches us up until he eventually goes off across the track. Eric Nelson and Adam Vaughn brush up against each other in the Turn 3, with Adam getting the worse for wear. I am now back up to 10th. I try my best to keep up with the train ahead as Kevin Hopkins hooks up to my rear bumper. Tyler Scurlock decides to check out his SEAT’s heavy-duty suspension out in the dunes gifting me another position.

Next 4 laps I work on keeping the guys ahead from pulling away while I try to protect my position from Kevin. Dariusz, Claudio, Eric N., Reggie and Yuri are directly ahead. Reggie finally ends up parking his car in the tires at Turn 3 on Lap 5. As I watch Eric take to the dirt entering The Valley of Lefts, I lift and allow Kevin to pull up along the passenger side. We exchange door handles as he concedes Turn 6.

Lap 6 Dariusz pits and Adam replaces Kevin to my rear while the pack ahead starts pulling away. At the end of Lap 8, I pit following Yuri, Chris and Claudio while Kevin stays out on the track (Adam pitted the lap earlier). I rejoin the track running in 8th trying to keep Claudio in sight with Dariusz (1 lap down) in between. Kevin is once again behind me on lap 10, as he comes out of the pits (moving me up to 7th). I have a 5+ second cushion on him.

As the laps unwind, I know that there is no way I can run down Claudio, so my plan is to conserve my tires, run clean and consistent laps. All hoping I can keep a safe cushion on the Kevin as he closes the gap.

On Lap 16 I am gifted 6th as Yuri attempts to navigate the dunes without the benefit of GPS. Kevin is now 1.5 seconds behind and gaining. I lose sight of my braking mark in the final turn as the smoke from Jarrod’s damaged car obscures my view. Kevin pushes valiantly. I manage to cross the finish line with 0.6 seconds to spare.

Race 2 finds me starting in 3rd on the inside. I know that the speed demons from hell will be hot on my trail. Trying to leave plenty of room for them on the outside, I take Turn 1 to shallow and run off into the dirt. As I try to ease back onto the tarmac, Keith gets slightly into my left rear which causes him to nudge Adam Vaughn off track (this information is only courteous of the replay – my sincerest apology to both, especially Adam). I am in 9th by the end of the lap, wedged in between Eric Nelson and Jesper. After holding Jesper up, I finally concede to him at Turn 4. Dan Allinson promptly takes his place on my bumper. I gain 2 positions as Keith and Dariusz tangle at the entrance to The Light Bulb.

Jesper begins to pull away as Dan continues to hound my bumper. I am able to fend off Dan’s attack for over 2 laps until he runs a little wide at Turn 3. Keith, who won’t be as easily defended, promptly replaces him. I eventually succumb to the power of his Vauxhall and his driving prowess (a deadly combination) at Turn 1 of the next lap. Keith pits at the end of Lap 7. I am gifted 6th position as Kevin Hopkins goes Robby Gordon on us (off-roading) due to some side-by-side contact with Yuri.

I’ve been so intent on staying on track and hitting my marks, that I forgot to signal my intention to pit at the end of Lap 8. Too late now, got to go at least 1 more lap before I can get fresh rubber. Lap 9 finds me in unfamiliar territory, in 2nd just 5 seconds behind the leader, Yuri. Enjoy it while you can! I follow Yuri into the pits and briefly have 1st as I pass him entering his stall. I rejoin in 8th, but know this won’t last as I just barely beat Dariusz and Chris Rigby to Turn 1. I battle them both, but soon become the meat in their sandwich by Echo Valley, with Dariusz ahead and with Claudio pressing Chris. I let Chris by at Turn 5 and now Claudio thinks he should be next.

Chris slides underneath Dariusz at the final turn. I follow Dariusz’s draft down the straight with Claudio doing likewise in my wake. Dariusz goes slight off track exiting Turn 2. As I lift ever so slightly, Claudio gets a bit out of shape trying to avoid my rear bumper. He only loses a fraction as he deftly regains control. But this gives me the narrowest of breathing room as I pursue Dariusz. Claudio attempts to draft past me on the straight, but has to drop back in line for Turn 1. He finally manages to sneak underneath me in Turn 3, as I lift for a couple of backmarkers kicking up the dust. 5 Laps to go.

Now running in 9th, I do my best to keep both Dariusz and Claudio in sight (Chris has pulled a comfortable lead over them). I have a 4.3 second lead over Glenn Petersen who is fending off a charging Dan Allinson. Claudio eventually clears Dariusz, but as they battle, I can keep them in sight. Though I know I don’t have anything for them, unless …

The final lap, Claudio has a small cushion over Dariusz and I am still keeping abreast with Dariusz. Though Glenn has narrowed his gap to 2.3 seconds. Entering the home stretch, Echo Valley. Dariusz is only 0.8 seconds ahead and Glenn is now 3.4 seconds to the rear.

Claudio drops the right rear into the dirt at Turn 9 and goes back across the track into the wire fence. Dariusz loses his right rear into the dirt at Turn 9, but instead of going across the track, overcorrects and goes up the hill into the dunes. I tip-toe through and Glenn gently threads the needle behind me. We’ve both moved up 2 spots. I pull out of the final turn 2.3 seconds ahead of Glen, but a good 8.7 seconds behind Chris Rigby in 6th. But wait! Apparently Chris is running on fumes and has thrown the car into neutral as he heads down the straight to the Start/Finish line. I manage to beat him across the line by 0.023 of a second to take home a second 6th place finish for the night.

I had a great run (for a mid-packer) and it was greatly enhanced by the caliber of racers I ran with on the track. It’s been a long time since I felt comfortable to run this close and hard, feeling confident that I wasn’t going to get rear-ended by an overzealous and non-patient charger. I know I briefly held up some of the highest caliber and fastest racers in RD while I battled to hold onto my position. Each time they were patiently aggressive, riding close, but never overdriving. If they know enough about my racing style, they knew that once I know I am beat, I would concede and not do something rash in holding my line before then.

Thanks again for an enjoyable night at the races!

Race was cut short for me.

I had a great fight with Helder. Roughly halfway it were only 2 seconds that seperated us.

Than someone decideded to drive off track, come back on, doesn't look first and you can guess what happened...

Aero damage that caused me to lap 1 sec off the pace... No more fun in that. Thanks for a great fight Helder! I hope you go on and win it!

cheers

Arno, I'm so very sorry for that! I was trying to give room when I went off and was really just trying to get two wheels back on the track but I did zoom right onto the track instead.

The rest of the story....
Forced into a 360 on the formation lap, good start.
L1 and I'm off in the Tower turn and ever so slightly touch a wall, into the pit for aero and suspension damage, P19 of 19.
Used the wrong pit preset, full tank of gas!
Lapped before I leave the pit.
L13 a pass on Ethan Bass, P18.
L17 bumped in the butt by Jacque as I slow for him in the last corner, NP.
L18 Go by Norm Bruce, P17.
L21 Scheduled pit stop. P18. Fiddle with pit menu, end up getting no fuel.
L29 Freddie passes me, bummer.
L30, I mess up Arno's race.
L31 Uli taps me lightly as I slow for him.
L36 BIG bump into wall, no front aero, two punctured front tires, a struggle to get back to the pit.
L50 P11
L60 "Schedulled" pit stop. Get fuel to finish race!
L70, finished, still running! P11.

I knew this was going to be a race of "watch my rear" and tried to do the best I could. Sorry for the contacts that did happen. I was always trying to give way.

First race was really 'extreme' :D, but while advancing to second race, Race On gave a Minidump! Dorhh... I was going to start on 3rd position to 2nd race ;( :mad:

Driving these cars is a untellable fun, Thank you Stefan and RD, and all raced.

Now i will go crying, you have fun at the second race.......... ;(;(

A couple of notes for this event.

1: make sure you delete all the old PTSIMS GT files form the first link I provided in the race announcement. WRONG MOD FILE!!!!!!!

2: New mod link is correct in the race announcement!

3: the new mod link creates a whole new "pro class" with a FIA GT 08 as its signature in the car class screen in the game.

4: you may run the stock SIMBIN GT PRO class or the FIA 08 cars! The FIA mod has all of the STOCK GT PRO Cars and adds in 3 "dress Models" of a Ferraai 550 or 575, a Lambo Murcielago, or Maserati MC12!

All are balanced to the SIMBIN models so choose any car you like!

What a nice race! My first participation in RaceDepartment, two 5th places among 11 and 7 cars, using GTR Evo own setup a little modified - couldn't get Ross's in time. First race without many mistakes, but I couldn't help reducing my speed after Günthar on the second race, touching him. After that accident lost the car again on a turn and aerodynamics went bad, puff.

Anyway, two fantastic races, very equalized considering a 7-min-lap track as Nordschleife, and my first two races here, cool! WTCC Extreme is a great mod, indeed.

Thanks everyone for the nice night racing (I'm driving online from Spain, 5h20am now, really didn't know if I would make it to the race so couldn't sign up before) and see you on next events!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Yearly

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monthly at lan events

• Yearly at lan events