RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Lot's of fun!!

Race 1 I got the pole, had a good start, and was cruising to Victory when on lap three I spun on the carousel and got hung up, sorry guy's, letting Yves through to carry on to victory while I came in second. Grats to Yves.
Race 2 Reverse start, so I started in second to last. Worked my way to the front and once again, cruising for the finish, spun out on the last turn on lap 2. I lost the nose so had no front downforce. Nursed it around to complete lap 3, finished fourth. Grat's to Stephan for picking up the win with Yves and Raphael only seconds behind.

Great racing all!

OK here's my race report: I twill bea bit brief as I am time challenged tonight.

Q: I put up a good lap but hardly aggressive as you just cant give it away riding the dunes before you even race a single lap. I am 9th but already Know I am in great shape for the race. I run a full fuel load all the time and it always works great come the actual race.

R1 I am behind Claudio and am concerned about how T1 -3 wil shake out. I remind myself to be smart yet aggressive where its not to risky and maybe gain safely.

The lights go out and I am off and around Caludio and inches from Yuria dn we are door to door. Dariusz is of course rocketing up the inside while the 3 of us swallow Jesper and Tyler! We enter T1 and Dariusz is in 4th and Adam is contacting him and goes wide and drops a wheels! I dive in side at T2 with barely anything of rubber on the tarmac to avoid Adam. I pinch my exit to leave him room but the SIMBIN contact bug sends Adam off into the beach. Sorry mate I feel bad but its one of those racing deals from the replay.......

I am P5 when I exit Echoe Valley. Keith, Chris R, Reggie and Dariusz all ahead. I exit T13 to the main straight and have to avoid Dariusz eho is a bit wiggly. I shoot inside to stay clear. Jesper is coming up fast on my laft and Yuri on my right! Both have gotten a clean run off T13 and I simply cannot defend. Although I di squeeze Jesper for second not realizing he is there after focusing on Dariusz. Close call but no foul! Yuri is inside me to T1 but I manage to hold speed outside and hold 6th. yuri was a bit generous there but we BOTH live to fight rather than try and stuff it.

Dariusz drops a wheel and shoots right to the sand! He is fully out of control and simply riding his car. HE shoots back across the track at T2 and we BARELY touch! Amazing LUCK! I have lost momentum though and drop spots to yuri and Claudio! Exciting stuff but I am still in the race!

Lap 2 no change

Lap 3 Caludio goes off track a hair and I pass him to P6 at Millstone straight. I am after Yuri and Reggie who are locked in a good fight. Reggie is defending on car position as he is not quite with YUri and I on speed this lap. Yuri gets a run on him exiting Light Bulb and I encourage him to tak eth espot now and think I can run with Yuri and Lock OUt Reggie at T13 and extend on him on the straight. Well Reggie has other plans and We battle up the straight and Reggie gappng Me1 So much for a PLAN!

Lap 4 I catch Reggie in the T1-3 compex and Reggie goes off at T3 unforced to give me 5th. Now to run up on Yuri if possible. Well I Exit Echoe Valley and hit the sand allowing Clausio and Dariusz thru and dropping me to P7! I HAVE BEEN HERE ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!

Lap 5 Dariusz pits and I am chasing Claudio. I am P6

Lap 8 I pit while Claudio and Yuri continue. I hit my stop well and resume in P8 about a .1 in front of Dariusz and .25 on Vaughnie! WOW! Vaughnie is on a mission!

Lap 9 I go to P5 when I pass Caludio and Michael C exiting the pits. Vaughine has a relly close call with Caludio and he is in the sand again!

Lap 10 I go to P4 when another driver pits

Lap 11 I have a HUGE MOMENT exiting T1! I drop my rear left in the saend and I go through T2 at about 35 degrees yaw and 145 MPH! I catch the car and keep it going to T3 while losing time to Adam but still in P4. Vaughanie is on teamspeak just beside himself with my save. I am unable to utter a word for 5 seconds!!!!!!!!!

I botch the entry to Echoe Valley and Vaughanie passes me exiting Echoe.......no surprise I cant feel my feet from Adrenaline after the save!!!

I close on Adam Exiting Light Bulb asfter he is slow hru there,,,I get a great run up the mainstraight and we go to T1 within inches of a wreck and me passing on the outside! Nice one ADAM! thansk for the room there mate!

Lap 12 We come through the valley of LEfts and Run into Carl Gianetti right in the middle of the track and slow! I nearly collide with him and Dam passesd me inside. I am less that pleased about this but just keep my eye on Vaughanie!
We rol thru Lght Bulb Side by side with Adam inside. I roll the car well and pinch him down a bit on exit. We touch but its nothing bad and I hold P4.... AMAZING RACING!!!!!!

Lap 13 Adam Passes me at T3! Man he just wont go away!!!!! Claudio is BACK! oh man all this fun has allowed him to run fast and catch us. We touch in Echoe Valley but no harm to either of us. Jarrod is up ahead smokng and creating a distraction for us 3.

Lap 14-15 cant catch dam and he gets P3 but I am 4th and cool wioth it! great racing GUYS! Closing laps were amaszing with Adam and I killing each other whereever possible.........

I canr even get to Race 2 yet..............BUt its a teaser to say Iwas leading the race after the pit stops by a scant........ .1 seconds..........could I hoold on? Stay tuned!

R2

This was my first licensed race. In quali I tried to stay off the racing line during my outlap when someone was coming up from behind. I failed once, sorry again for whoever rear ended me. Hope it wasn't a hotlap. As for cutting the pitlane, I can understand on a short track but on a 13+ mile track we should make an exception. If you only have 8 min left to qual you dont have enough time for 2 laps. But I did go back to garage when warned. I didn't see it in the rules. Rule #11 is the most applicable but it says track not pits.

Well, no quali but i was 40 secs off pole, so I didn't mind starting at the back.

Race 1: Good start off the line but blah blah and did the last lap and a half with no front spoiler. When whoever ran out of fuel said push me I was in next to last place with a 20 something second coushion to the guy behind me and figured sure, why not. But by the time I saw you I was doing about 178mph. Tried to slow down but too late. I woulda pushed you to the last turn and then pass hoping you could coast accross. Spectacular failure, and you still finished ahead of me :) Next time run out of fuel at a slower part of the track :p

Race 2: Another good start off the line but I knew that by being on pole that everyone behind me was faster. Got a little too aggresive off of turn 1 with cold tires and lost my front spoiler again. So last place. Twice. But it was fun and I hope nobody got pissed at me.

Thanx.

This was my first licensed race. In quali I tried to stay off the racing line during my outlap when someone was coming up from behind. I failed once, sorry again for whoever rear ended me. Hope it wasn't a hotlap. As for cutting the pitlane, I can understand on a short track but on a 13+ mile track we should make an exception. If you only have 8 min left to qual you dont have enough time for 2 laps. But I did go back to garage when warned. I didn't see it in the rules. Rule #11 is the most applicable but it says track not pits.
Depending on which pit box you are in, you are unable to take the short cut and would instead collect a DQ. In order to avoid anyone having an unfair advantage, everyone is required to do an out lap. Common sense really. Quali was set to 25 mins so everyone should have had plenty of time to get a lap in.

Had a good practice session where i had my fastest time and made my setup. Setup i already made couple of days before but just needed some attention.
Think i had a reasonable topspeed, about 274 km/h but my car was hard to handle in the corners, and the 1st till 4th gear seemed to long so no acceleration enough.

Quilifiyng on 15th spot with a slower time then in practice.

Hope that some of you read the rules about the opening lap especially in the back field its horrible. Hard braking in front of me, someone behind me who was accelarating and hard braking behind my bumper. SCARY, you can so easily get involved in an accident.

Race. could drive pretty constantly rounds 2:09 to 2:07 and my Dodge was not to much fuel consuming.

After a while i was gaining some spots just making my laps without to many mistakes. ( i made 2 driver faults, i spun and once in the tyres dreaming a way a bit) It so hard to stay focussed all the time, and drinking during the race etc.

Also there where some nice moments to see, like the one i'm beiing lapped and the ones who where lapping me got at the same time a lap from our winner. Lot of blue flags i think.

Then later on in the race a couple of rounds with Ulli in which we changed places a few times. After giving to little space to eachadder a lost control and had to race alone for the rest of the end of the race, finishing 10th.

2 pitstops, 1 blackflag for speeding in the pit, 1 forced pitstop for repair after the tyre-wall.

Thx for organizing and the for the race guys.

Depending on which pit box you are in, you are unable to take the short cut and would instead collect a DQ. In order to avoid anyone having an unfair advantage, everyone is required to do an out lap. Common sense really. Quali was set to 25 mins so everyone should have had plenty of time to get a lap in.

Fair enough, just wanted an explination. Didn't realize the pitbox issue. So long as it's fair. I'm not looking for an advantage that's not available to everyone. Cheers mate.

Well, I logged into Race and clicked MP to find 9 or 10 on an RD server so went on in without looking at the track or car... Well, it was the "schleife" and WTCCX of all cars! so I got a 1/2 lap in before the buzzer rang and it was Q time, completed a lap in Q (out lap) and that was that... Race time!!

Basically, was still learning the track at the end of R2...

Really good fun and hope to slot in a few more with the US clan!

Cheers, RD and friends!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 321 35.1%
  • Porsche

Votes: 354 38.7%
  • BMW

Votes: 338 36.9%
  • McLaren

Votes: 220 24.0%
  • Toyota

Votes: 335 36.6%
  • Intel

Votes: 115 12.6%