RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Class: GT Pro

Qualification
It was not very good lap, a lot of minor mistakes, so I started from 12th position.

Formation lap
Well, what can I say about it...I already wrote about potential problems with rolling starts in "500k Enduro in Spa" forum and fortunately, in Spa it was surprisingly clean formation lap, but in Sebring...totaly different story... I started in the middle of the grid, and there went everything relativly clean and without problems, but I didn't believe what was happenig behind me...such a messy "racing".
As I said before, I think, that rolling start in Enduro events are very risky, and the reason is simple, I participated in 79 races here on RD and only 3 or 4 of them were with rolling start. And do not underrate the difficulty of the formation lap, it is not that simple as it may look at the first sight. First of all, I don't understand, why is not allowed swaying during the formation lap, if we cannot handle the swaying in formation lap, then I think we cannot handle the formation lap as well. And of course, going to the first turn at full speed with cold tyres is not very safe too.
But I think, that clean rolling start is possible here, but it should be organized some practice of it.

Race
Well the start of the race was pretty good, but then in the first lap, I did brake maybe a little harder then normal because of the cars in front of me, and Bob probably didn't expected it and hit me, so I got out of the track. No problem man and thanks for the apologize through PM :thumb: .
But that was not that bad, well of course, I lost many positions but the car was not significantly damaged, but when I was out of the track and got back to the track, the game surprisingly decided, that it was unacceptable cutting the track and I was rewarded with "Stop and Go penalty for cutting the corner"...well, this was really a cutting corner, and of course I gain significant "advantage" here :redface:

After that I went immediately to the pit, because of the penalty. Then I decided to drive very carefuly and consistently, and it went pretty good. I did only one bigger mistake in whole race and both pit stop was without any problems. I had some very good battle with several drivers...clean and close, thank you :thumb:
So finally I finished in 5th position, which is, considering the incident in first lap and the fact, that I was not really the fastest, good result for me.

Thank you Remco, RD and all drivers, it was very nice racing, thank you again :thumb:

Great vids Simon, shame you never won the 2nd race, Oliver's Cheve was like a rocket.

Was also a good race with Robert, when I saw you closeing in on meafter my stop I was like, "oh crap, really don't have the rears for a proper fight", but unfortunatly you got bounced by a curb on either the 2nd to or last lap, gr man.

Is there ANY way to donate by snail mail or through someone else. Paypal is not an option, although I really want to contribute and feel terrible running with those who do. Would like to donate an entire year at once, monthly would be impossible as work loads vary.

Watching that GT1 race today put such a huge smile on my face, that was worth the donation alone! Sure do miss Speedvision!

Owh and Linus,

I don't work with reserves. But the good news ;) there are more then enough slots. So just confirm your sign up when you are sure. Then you will be on the list.

and a friendly reminder to every sign up not stated in the list. Read the first post. So you know you forgot a rule within the sign up ;)

First of all, this is one of my favourite mods i just love the way the car drive, so i had big fun!! :)

Quali: 2nd

Race 1: Had a good start but was a bit cortius not to shove some off in the first 2 corners, in T3 Ross ran wide on cold tires/brakes and i got past him to take the lead, and I buildt up a 10 sek. advantage over the car in 2nd and kept it there until the end, to take the WIN!!

Race 2: Started 8th, had another good start and gained a couple of places and after lap 1 I was about 4. or 5. place with Ross behind me, the 2 cars in 2nd and 3rd made mistakes and i could pass them, so now i was 2nd with Marcin in front and Ross still right behind me, Marcin started to pull away as I tried to get away from Ross but about half way Marcin outbraked himself and I overtook the lead, Still With Ross on my tale he kept within 0.5-1.5 sek. of me the hole race only in the last lap he went over 2sek. so I took another win with Ross a close 2nd Well done to him he diden't make it easy ;)

Q went well enough and got 7th
R1 started by nearly stalling the car but still better start than some as I got a couple of cars. Had to avoid someone braking a bit earlier than I do at T7 and used the gravel pit, got back out ok and continued on. Later got on the inside of a loose Chris as he bounced off the wall and that got me fish tailing to 360+ spin got the car turned around and on my way again to see Chris a few corners later waiting for me to give back position (very nice actually as I looked at the situation that maybe I could have just waited for you to bounce :) ) this had Chris and I at the back of the field and I was ~7s off the next few drivers. Almost caught the next guy then too much rear brakes and 1/2 spun. Got back on line and grabbed a few more places to finish 8th and the top placed Ford... Great fun and had work so no R2 for me.

On a side not, some of you may have driven the v1.03 of the FVR V8 2010 which used a different suspension that is much better than the current recycled 2009 suspension. v1.03 bugged in race session. I hope to release tonight or tomorrow a new version of the mod running the fixed v1.03 suspension, as the 2009 gives too much grip under acceleration with the other 2010 physics...

@Gunthar: can you also adjust cockpit view please? IMO is way to low, i have wheel in half on my screen :)

R1 made a falstart, so climb up from last place after S/G to P3.

R2 made a horrible mistake, oversleep braking point by 70 meters and crash. Lucky car was ok only suspension damage so i was able to finish at P3.

Thanks RD Staff and all drivers.

Servername:
RACEDEPARTMENT S2000

Class:
STCC + WTCC 06/07/08 (excluding WTCC C30)
Track: Vitus Parc (Club)

Weather: Dry

Official Practice: 9:00GMT,
45 minutes
Qualification:
10 minutes superpole
Warmup: 5
minutes
Race: 10:00GMT, 2 x 30 minutes

Pit Stop:
Mandatory

Notes:

Click here to read the password and golden rules!

We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here

You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply
send the event organiser a private message detailing the incident. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.

To all that use TeamSpeak: Please remember to respect your fellow drivers that use TeamSpeak as well as on the track. Please try to leave any grievances until after the race and follow the grievance process above. Some members find outbursts distracting so let's respect others and leave all issues until the races have finished.

Entry List:

1. Ryan Callan
2. Paul Herman
3. Robert Isles
4. David Zafiu
5. Gunthar Rowe
6. Simon Gardner
7. Philip Antonia
8. Mark Guy
9. Rhys Gardiner
10. Giorgio Migazzi
11. Matt Emmens
12. Chris Sykes
13. Ethan Bass
14. James Fellows
15. Paul Wood
16. Oliver Wickens
17. Dan Allinson
18. Ross Conlon
19. Morten Wernersen
20. Aristide Romanov
21. Marius Neverauskas
22. Terry Harmer
23. Bill Jones
25. Piotrek Blaszczak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 484 69.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 297 42.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 319 45.6%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 149 21.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 190 27.2%
Back