RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

As for cutting the pitlane, I can understand on a short track but on a 13+ mile track we should make an exception. If you only have 8 min left to qual you dont have enough time for 2 laps. But I did go back to garage when warned. I didn't see it in the rules. Rule #11 is the most applicable but it says track not pits.

When that happened, I wrote "it's a good warm-up lap", but actually we could think of that rule number 8:
"Follow all safety rules as if you were in a real car on a real track: use pit speed limiter in pit lane, observe all safety flags and lights, no donuts in pit lane."

If I were in a real car on a real track, I wouldn't be allowed to go backwards/prohibited direction before leaving the pits (or after! LOL). Besides the fact that the game gives a DQ if you try to do that for a long distance without stopping. So, common sense here, and we figure out why it's not possible to "cut" the warm-up lap in ANY track.

I always treat my virtual car in virtual races as if it were real. I mean, just for respecting others and in order to have real fun and get closest to simulation, cos I can't really be that much of a pilot in real life - too expensive for me till this point of my life hehehe... Who knows someday?

In any case, we all have fun, it's a game, but with common sense :D

One more thing: wanna make myself clear here, I'm not 'teaching' anyone a lesson, it's just my humble opinion as a virtual driver, gamer, and 7 years and a half administering/managing online and offline championships (GP2, GP3, GP4, rFactor, NR2003, Race07).

Cheers, have ay good week ev'ryone!

725240radical_flyer.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT US-RAD

Class: Radical SR3/SR4 252

Track: Cadwell Park

Weather: Dry

Start Time: 21:45 EST / 18:45 WST / 01:45 GMT (Friday)

Practice: open server

Qualification: 15mins (9:45 EDST)
Warmup: 10mins
Race: 2x15 laps

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here

You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply send the event organiser a private message detailing the incident including a youtube video. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.

Great track, not so good races for me.

Picked absolutely the wrong car (Lister) despite being faster in the 'vette after only 2 laps. Qualified 12th.

Race 1: Spun it entering Texaco (the inner loop) on cold tires - quickly recovered and spent most of the rest of the race chasing Dennis, until I got about 2 sec behind and snapped it entering Bosch (the stadium area). Continued on after to finish P12.

Race 2: Chasing Dennis from the start, with him chasing Jon ahead. Was looking to be a good 3 way battle until Dennis spun in Turn 2 and I plowed into his side, sending him upside down. Pitted for suspension damage and while the crew fixed the damage, the tire changers were eating lunch - so I took another lap with a flat left-front and came back to get the tires changed. Was lapped by the field, but did manage to unlap myself from Dennis and Philip by the end. P-last.

Tire changers have been sacked.

Thanks RD & Eric - hope to get a chance to run this track again soon.

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT USAWTCC

Class: WTCC 06/07

Track: Melbourne GP

Weather: DRY! DRY! DRY! link not active this week

Start Time: 21:45 EDT / 18:45 PDT / 01:45 GMT (Saturday)

Practice: open server

Qualification: 10 mins SUPERPOLE
(9:45 PM EDST)

Warmup: 10 mins

Race: 2x12 laps 1 mandatory pit stop for 2 tires

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here

You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply send the event organiser a private message detailing the incident including a youtube video. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.

I had a blast tonight. I ran a few laps offline with the Lambo & was really liking it until I tried it on the server... Oh well. I got into the Viper but changed to the C6 with 5 minutes or so to Q. I luckily found Eric's setup online & really enjoyed it. I had some nice laps with Sam in race 1. Race 2 I started 2nd & got a good start. Lap 2 going towards T1 I could see Eric on my left going for the pass & Keith saying "Don't do it Eric". He reply's "I have to with you chasing me". That made me laugh as I held my line, giving him room inside, until I eventually saw Keith go by as well... I held onto 3rd for a while & had some nice laps with a few others & finished the race in 4th place.
I watched the replay & have to say that the track is amazing but the tv camera is horrible - it seems like the cameraman forgot his tripod & left the camera at the bottom of the hill.

Entry List:

1. Eric Nelson
  2. Keith Barrck
  3. Ryan Callan
  4. Kevin Hopkins
  5. Willie Watt
  6. Michael Carver
  7. Jesper Taulborg
  8. Glenn Petersen
  9. Rober Isles
  10. Reggie Blain
  11. tyler Scurlock