RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Interesting race for me; my three year old doughter woke up in the first fiew laps and demanded my attention so I pittes in and sorted things out with her, (candy and soda), then one of my boys woke up and had to use the "lav", again had to sort it out so far only 4 laps behind everyone. And to make things worse my second son vomitted on the floor..... had to sort that out 15 laaps behind then got interrupted again and put everyone to sleep eventually. Finally got to do the last 10-15 laps without any interuption. I'm only glad I didn't get a DNF and I hope I didn't disturbe anyone in laping me.
Thanks for a fun race and see you soon again.

Whom ever I ran in to during first formation lap, so sorry for that. I was a bit distracted and thought that we will start all over again anyway, but it was very stupid of me....

Massimo, what really happend here? Could you be more specific?

I finished, which is the one positive to this race (though I find I can barely type, as my fingers are locked into a wheel death-grip).

Qualified between Andreas and Martijn, which was trouble due to their skill and speed in the corners both being much higher than mine, and my top speed down the straight being so much faster. After about a lap and a half of trading the positions, settled in behind Martijn and tried to find a pace.

Found some early fencing and slightly damaged the car, then again in Tertre rouge trying to let the leaders by (Sorry if that caused you problems Caramidaru, I saw you lose it right behind me). By this time I had damage indicated, but the crew chief had not spoken. I was down to 180 mph down the straight in a GTP, about 18 less than I started, so I went ahead to pit and try to fix it. First time into pits: accidentally selected a splash and go. Went back in the pits, filled it up, changed tires, but the crew didn't fix the damage. Went back in one more time (just to be sure, as I was so slow) with a fix only pre-set, but no joy.
So... Laps 8 through 36 were spent at 180 mph max, getting lapped about every 6-8 laps. Tried to stay out of everyones way best I could. Finally on lap 36, I barely tapped the fence out of Indianapolis, and got a 'suspension damage' message. This time, pitted, filled it full (by this time 4 laps down, so enough to finish) and they _finally_ fixed the damage.
Guess it was at this point they discovered the previous damage (I really need to hire a better crew), so they fixed it as well and Wow! back to 198 mph down the straight again.
Finally started catching the back of the field, but I was 5 minutes down to the driver ahead, so no hope was to be had without someone having a problem. Almost killed it last lap, trying to see where the leader was and what P3 was doing and got it trapped behind the posts right before the finish line. Did make it out to end up 1 lap exactly behind Bob H.
Moral of pitting story: If you get a damage like that and the crew chief doesn't speak, find yourself a nice out of the way little wall and create your own suspension damage. Probably would have saved me 2 to 3 laps.

Overall had a really good time (especially at full speed :cool: ). Look forward to the next one.

Very good race it was too short but no problem LOL

Qualy: 4th I was so surprised??? Very good position while we using formation lap an flying start...

Race: 7th. Not bad but I did a very big mistake with my pit strategy and that cost me I believe 2 places. So I decided to do only two pitstops with refuelling and then pitstops for tyres if needed. So as we saw 3 stop strategy would be much better...Everything else works fine, I didn't have any problems with my legs as normally so this race was very easy for me.

Only thing I dont understant was the last lap episode with Martin Kraa... I lapped him very easily but then he start hunting me way too seriously, Hello Martin it was THE LAST LAP AND THE WINNER WAS ALREADY FINISHED THE RACE so you didnt have any reason to push me that hard. I was on P7 and you were P11 so you didnt need that fight, but you almost ruin my race in tha final lap, cool. I did a very carefully last curves because the next car was so far away. Check TS 13 000 or something and see our last lap fight, that was not necessery at all, just behave man and try to read/follow the race a little bit better, thanks.

Thanks to all, it was my best race ever, hope we could do 1000 km race someday LOL

Another nice event, 70% finishers, many of them the “usual suspects:cool:, but also with a few welcome new names to this club endurance series.:)

Practice & Qualifying
Like many did just a few laps at the “dark”:cool: practice session, mainly just to check temperatures, relied much on previews knowledge of the track.

Went with the “do 24hrs if need be” setup and in one way I’m glad I did since the race ambient & track temperatures were about 6º higher than both practice and qualifying.

For qualification used an old Q setup capable of near 3:30 laps but since I didn’t get any practice with it this year, went off track 2 times, resulting in a lap about 3:40… :tongue: 5th, behind the 2 C6R, not important due to the nature of the event and the fact I had a Viper :redface:.

Race
Start
The start went smooth and by the first go at Hunaudieres the "natural order" was in place… 3 Vipers in front (was 3rd) with 2 C6R following.

One of the first goes at Indianapolis, Szabo (2nd at the time) goes straight, I’m promoted to 2nd about 5 seconds behind Caramidaru (Viper).

My race plan for the event wasn’t far from my usual, first stint used mostly to get back into the pace, seeing who is “around” and who is not. 2nd stint to fully push those rpm and on the last one see what can be done…

1st stint
Caramidaru gains about .2 of a second on a “normal” lap to me, has higher top speed (less wing or pushing more rpm) who ever catches someone to lap on the Porsche curves loses a full second or more to the other.

In this stint I think I suffered much from “give a lap by Porsche curves” syndrome (Caramidaru would give his lap on the long straight or Mulsanne; I would catch them in some 3th/4th gear S).

Since we both had the same pit tactic, we both went in by lap 19/20; he went to the pits a full 15 seconds in front. 3rd placed at the time, Dennis (C6R) was above a minute behind, so not many "worries" from there.

2nd stint
Attack stint… since Caramidaru had a bit more top speed, I knew I had to push hard in the slower parts where the likely more down force I was taking would play to my favor.

The things started well since I gained a lot in the pit stop, cutting the distance by ½ just to about 8 seconds.
This time was him getting the worst places to give laps, the distance went shorter (5 seconds), and I was getting ready for a full 19 laps sprint to follow… :D

But no, out of nowhere I go by a GTS car and a Viper on Tertre rouge, looking in the mirrors I could see Caramidaru's Viper didn’t have the front splitter; I knew immediately, if I didn’t mess-up, I had the race in the bag… just had to do another 35 laps by myself :frown: A bit of an anti-climax… OK you won, but now you have to race “alone” for the next 2 hours :rolleyes:

In these circumstances I had to find “objectives”, give a lap to “that” racer, go into the 33’s … and the kind.

3rd stint
Caramidaru synchronized his last stop with mine (he went in for repairs in the 2nd stint), on lap 39 he came out of the pits “just” a little above ½ a minute from me…

I though, "hmm, maybe I will have some pressure after all", but no…

Something went wrong with his final pit-stop, has he went in again I was left in front with well above 1 minute to Michal Szabo (who had to do a final pit yet).

Now I’m even more alone…:frown: to make the things worst, some ½ a%$#! Bird took a big dump right in the middle of my windshield, I can’t see the damn braking points…:mad: quick adaptation was necessary… by race end I would use the dump as "aim" to point the big pig on wheels :D

In this stint I really enjoyed every time I found anyone, was always looking for someone, it doesn’t matter if his car was above 20 km/h slower in the straight, I wanted company… I felt lonely on those long straights :D

Playing, playing… was I taking too much interest (looking to XD classification) on the fight for 1st in the GTS class (non-synchronized pit-stops), I forgot to brake for the first S
Luckily, in order to take some of the load from the front brakes, I had the brakes more to the rear than usual, so I was able to go into the fence “rear side first”… If I had went “front first”, at least a stop for repairs I wouldn’t have escaped.:redface:

After that I decided to push max to keep concentration, no more "relaxing"; the car was losing 4 km/h top speed due to the fence touch, but even so managed to do a few 34’s.

Took the flag after 3hrs & 33 minutes, about ½ hour shorter than last year, the Viper started with 100% health engine, finished with 90% and I was glad with the nice numbers of race finishers.

Congratulations to Michal and Caramidaru for the podium places; congratulations to Andreas, Martjn and Nigel for the GTS podium places.

Obviously, special congratulations to everyone who finished another endurance event, thanks everyone (but one :confused:) who took part… a special kind of virtual racers no doubt :wink:

------------
Small note...
------------

Obviously there were several classes in play, not only the “usual” GTP/GTS…
On this track/event, in the GTP class, the Viper with its huge binary was in a class apart, then come the Corvette (C6R), finally the rest of the GTP class (3 classes in one).

The GTS class, was obviously the “usual 3"; the C6, the M3 and the "rest"... with a clear advantage for the C6 on this track/event.

So the question: “Can an alien win an endurance race in the GTP class at Le Mans with a Lister for instances?”.
Taking out the Viper driver “bent it option”, maybe yes…

It will be hard (above all a lot more work), the car has to be very well setup for the inner part of the track (from Indianapolis to Tertre rouge), have a long 6 gear to somehow “survive” the very quick parts, a lot of patience to see his hard gained time in the turns evaporate in the straights and use those drafts.

BTW, in RL (77-79) the cars were setup very light on down-force and everyone did "what it could" on Indianapolis and the Porsche curves.

This was a really fun race for me.
This was my 3rd "enduro", I love them.
I never thought I could qualify in 3rd spot, outragous! My Vette was good but I'm not that good.
Most all of my race was just a fast drive all alone. I caught up to Michal Szabo once but couldn't get close enough to fight, I think he was just toying with me.

No major impacts, just a few brushes with the armco that lost me a total of 8 mph of top speed by the end of the race. Car handled beautifully and pit stops went off without a hitch, just two for fuel and tires.

I stretched my hands, relaxed and took deep breathes on the Mulsanne and anywhere else I could. I was nice to have the "dead foot" rest on the pedals to rest my left foot.

I could not understand the problems that practice 2 brought on, so it was night time! Drive!

I thought the formation lap was a little slow but we all had to suffer with the cold tires and engines, no real problem there.
Caramidaru, I think you did a great job. So many drivers wanted to change the rules "on the run".

A great job by all the drivers that I came up upon!
Thanks also to Remco, Yves and RD for running this event.

Drivers, yesterday was my 65th birthday. I know I'm usually slow and usually in the way. I'd like to thank you all for giving in a bit so I could have a good run!

Great enduro event,too bad i was driving alone most of the time...:frown:, with the occacial "fligh by" from the GT-pro's,made 1 little mistake(after 2nd pitstop) and although i didnt hit the barrier that hard it still costed me 4/5 km topspeed on the straight.
Still a good result(2nd in the GT Sport and 8th overall),nice to see my hands have gone back to normal again after 3+ hours of gripping the steering wheel,lol.
So maybe till next enduro event.

cheers

THE RACE WAS MAIN TO LOSE, AND I LOST IT!

Drivers, yesterday was my 65th birthday. I know I'm usually slow and usually in the way. I'd like to thank you all for giving in a bit so I could have a good run![/QUOTE]

i will start by givin a hapy Birthday to Dennis and wish him best off luck in real life and on RD:drink::bday::doublethumb:

ok now the Endu Event.

This is/was/will be(till the next big thing) the king of enduro, realy bumpy track,slipery,alllot off power and no dowforce adn 750km....

so i started just wiht the tghout to only finish

QUALI : i new that i was capable of low 31' but only managed 35(i think) that got me MY FIRST POLEPOSITON ON RD! ,yupi, i saw Andias on the line-up..so i was prety sure...he will be the alien...was a bit surprised..

RACE AFTER the problems...had a good start...and after 2-3laps(i think) i had Andias behind me in second place,,,about 4-5sec....i was faster on the straigt...all race i managed 324-326,there i was gaining about 0.600 - 0.700', in the s-es i was gaining even more,but lost half of in the first sector...but litle by litle..i did a gap about 12.5sec to pitstop.
on the pit he recoverd allot...in first few laps...droped to 5sec,then i find my pace again...and pulled to 8sec, at the beginning of the straight i had a car in front...put the foot to early on the gas, hit the wall and no front bumper (crap),then in the straight after drafting..i hit my tp speed 341hm/h and at he hump, i nearly toked off, the vette behind me saw it.So i did a full lap with nou front bumper,i got out with the objective to close the gap as much as i could, managed frm 58sec until 42 sec, andias was in his fast stint. at the second pit stop i forgot to refuel,so i did a lap with only 6l of gas...crap...was 3d now..but the car in front had to pit....
From the begining off the race i new that i can;t concentrate that long,so like andias was looking for cars,eny kind, my arms where killing me,legs too,my fingers got blisters...so in lap 55 i found lofler so for fun i helped him with draft..was cool:),but that dind;t keept me focused so again i hit the car, again pit for front bumper,,,and finaly got home in 3dplace

like i said i think that this was my race to lose,and i lost it....had 33.9 best lap, and always i was doing low 34..even in the last part when i lift up from the gas i was doin 35-36 and gap mainted constant...i hate my self a bit.
But was a very hard raec,i;m glad that finaly i;m on podium after 2 other close calss.

congrats to all ho fineshed, was in awsome race,fast race....congrats to podium:)

10-x Remco and RD

p.s. :my fingers ar biger, my back hurst like hell,,pls some one give me a cockpit :)
cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 36 8.7%
  • Monthly

Votes: 19 4.6%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 7.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.4%