RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Was doing some minor offline/online testing..
I got 1.55 on "the Rock".

A few things i noticed...
Some billboards popup as you drive by them.
Quite a lot of textures look crappy, as they came straight from a Commodore 64 conversion.
Unbeleivable that people bring out such unpolished work (shame on the conversion guys).
Luckely the track it self seems to work quite ok.

Looking forward to the race tonight.

You guys i have a serious lack of speed....
Best lap i managed sofar is a 1:54:6
Can someone pls upload a setup or something just so i can hav a chance...
Thnx

Marcel,

You will hammer me, I just tried it for first time, did 10 laps after 10 slow laps to learn track and best time was 1:57:236. Looks like for my first online race at RD I will be waving everybody past me.

I must try harder, see you there!:whistle:

Had a blast with this race. My 2nd ever club race and I cant thank RD and the club organizers enough for providing a fun, clean, stable environment for racing.

Qualifying - I was unaware it was Superpole, and went out thinking I was gonna get more then one lap. Fortunetly for me I nailed my first lap and ran my best time ever there which was a 44.3xx which was good for pole.

Race - DUmped the clutch and bogged a bit at the start but held my position. But who do i see FLYING up the inside from 8th. Yes it was Bram himself. His start was out of this world so my hat is off to him. About 4 corners into the race my phone rings (I had to answer cause I run my own business and this race was during business hours :p) and I had to talk to this lady for about the first 3 laps which was causing me to drive erratic, not to mention Bram and Lee Holmes are RIGHT on me. I get off the phone and then Bram makes a wicked pass to get by me. Then I had to get into the groove and catch him and pass him without letting Lee pass me. So on lap 7 I had a huge run on Bram and attempted to pass on the outside of T1 which didnt happen (was close). So on lap 8 on the last corner coming onto the straight Bram scrubbed some speed off and I had a big run on him again, and naturally he moved to the inside to block, so I went outside and I see Lee coming up the inside of me. He overshot the brake zone, and gave bram a good shot and I went by the both of em. (that sucked cause we wouldve had a wicked run for 35 more minutes)

So now im just trying to put distance between me and Ben, and I am dreading my first pit stop in an actual race. And me being new to it, i left my preset to only change fronts (idiot) so ive done my pit stop and about 18 minutes left i realize my back end will not stay put. I look at the wear and its under 50% with close to half the race left. I spent the rest of the race monitoring the rear tire, hoping I had enough distance and fortuntely for me Ben was involved in an incident which let me breathe easy til the end.

Still by the end of the race I had only 10% left rear tire left. The car was virtually undriveable.

I had a blast and so far and have had some good results in my 2 club races. I look forward to many more races with all of you.

Heres some screenies.

Keith

Attachments

• corner1.jpg
    corner1.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 173
  • corner 1.jpg
    corner 1.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 153
  • end of race.jpg
    end of race.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 158
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 420 69.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 263 43.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 285 47.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 124 20.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 168 27.8%
Back