RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Special advice to all participants in this event

Based on past experience of League races at Macau, Racedepartment imposes special rules for Macau in an attempt to prevent massive pile ups on this track.
Do not overtake through Turn 2 (Mandarin Bend) or Melco Hairpin.
Mandarin Bend is a very high speed turn, and two cars will not fit through there side by side. Many have tried and it ends in disaster, often ending your race immediately. This means that all cars should be line astern approaching this turn, especially during lap 1. Too many times we have seen most of the field destroyed at this turn due to drivers trying to pass someone into this turn.

Melco Hairpin should be obvious, but again some drivers have tried to overtake here. Please do not try it.

These rules are provided to help ensure that everyone has some chance of completing their race without unnecessary pile ups.
So please be warned.

• Chris Rodgers

Hmm, just tried to fire up Evo to learn the track, but Steam won't launch it til it's been updated...which would be fine except that it's estimating that it needs another 12 hours to complete :censored:

Will still hop up nice and early tomorrow to see if I can join in, but feel free to bump me to make room for someone as I'm not going to know until much nearer the time whether I'll be able to make it...

Gonna have to pull out - Steam isn't gonna be sorted in time...sorry for the hassle :O

• Chris Noble

I am very pleased with STCC and the new patch that came out for GTR EVO.

Cars are so much closer now on pace illustrated by sander not being 2 seconds faster than everyone else as usual! and for most of the race a lot of cars stayed together.

I had a go in the Volvo C30 which is a great little car, but then everyone had one! so went and got the Honda, managed to beat my C30 time by a fraction! (C30 1:45.413, Honda 1:45.350) not bad I reckon!

BMW seems to have lost some of its "I Win!" ability!

Qualified 8th

Got a good start and a lot of bunching and pushing in the first corners which are all tight. got past some more guys and then had a battle with ross in his bmw, suprisingly the honda was much quicker in the fast corners than his BMW was, (Found out later his steering wheel came lose!)
Had severl moves into the 1st corner to get past him.

Simon Trendall got a nice train behind him and so caught up with them and had some good battles with his audi, but made contact on the final corner with him bouncing off my car!

The pit entrance is crap on this track! had Lee Holmes chasing me down and went to pit, went down the road and it looked like a dead end so aborted and went round again, and eventually found the entrance?? who thinks up these pit entrances lol.

lee and james yates seemed to take much longer in their pit stops them me as i just changed the left tires after finding out last week how bad FWD car with new fronts and worn rears is!

got back in front of lee and james for 3rd. Then lee got past me and later in the race lee was stopped on the grass and so took 3rd and then bend tusting in the other honda made a pit stop outside the window?, but got 2nd and then was behind the leader for the rest of the race with his crazy oversteer (only changed fronts) and a lap down I was, if only!

Then wathcing my car come over the line and saw the leader stopped just before the finish line1 crash! into the back of him. still got 2nd, but classed as suspension and no points :( odd one!

• Chris Noble

Well considering the short notice of last nights event, we got 20 drivers fine!

had a full server 2 weeks running now on monday nights with the WTCC cars, so this should go down a treat :)

Well poor race for me :)

I hadnt raced in GTR EVO for 3 weeks before this and was very rusty!

Qually: Crashed and started last (18th)

Pre-Race: Forgot you had to pit and brimmed it, I also forgot my pit limiter button :)

Race: Got a lame start for an E90 standard and was up to about 12th. Then there was a train forming behind me. It was of many reasons. Firstly because it was a twisty track and E90's suck at twisty tracks. Secondly because as I said I hadnt raced in 3 weeks and wasnt used to it. Or maybe the main reason was becuase my wheel fell of the desk and I was trying to grab it while steering and defending the train. As a result of my screwing it in I looked away from the screen and when I looked back I was heading towards a barrier. Race Over!

Teamspeak: My first time I had it and it was great fun. The only reason I stayed to watch the race :) I love teamspeak now and I have the sim racing bug back after I had lost it for a short time. Cant wait for monday night!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 36 8.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 6.7%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.3%