RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I would like to sign up, but I have no idea if I can race for 80 min in this heat.
You see, I live on the top floor, that means, when the sun shines, it does it all day long.
Meaning, it gets really really hot in here. Even now, as I type this, in the evening you can barely breath.

955692MimiFridayFlyer.png

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM MINI
Car: Mini
Track: Mid Ohio-chicane
Weather: Dry
Games: Race 07, Power Pack

19:00 GMT: Practice
19:30 GMT: Qualification
19:50 GMT: Warmup
20:00 GMT: Race (80 Minutes)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

Entry List:
  1. Dennis Phelan
  2. Justin Swan
  3. Andrew James
  4. David Miller
  5. Bryan Rustell
  6. Marcin Piatkiewicz
  7. -
  8. -
  9. -
  10. -
  11. -
  12. -
  13. -
  14. -
  15. -
  16. -
  17. -
  18. -
  19. -
  20. -
  21. -
  22. -
  23. -
  24. -
  25. -
utp#10Server is UP!

Great race. I'm not a big fan of these cars, but they are fun to drive from time to time.
Missed the practice, but thats alright, had a setup ready from earlier race event online, so it was no big deal. Think I Qualified as 6 and got a great start up to 4.

At the Ascari on the first lap, I did a mistake and lost my spot. A few cars passed, but I still had some speed with me, so I soon was back on the track and pace. Me and István Milbich had a fight for a few laps, but I was determined not to let him pass. Or at least he had to work for it. It paid off, since he made a few mistake and I slowly got away from him. (he gained on me earlier due to me make a few minor mistake's here there)

Past a few cars during the race and had a long and interesting "fight" with Justin all the way to the end. When I say fight, it was not really. He was almost always 1 second ahead of me. I manage to gain on him on some parts of the track and he got away on other parts of the track.

Now I have sore fingers and my wrists hurts like hell :roflmao:

Another enjoyable race. Started 2nd and finished 3rd not a bad result. Was running much stronger until a twitchy left thumb hit my pit limiter approaching the box for my stop. I was hoping I'd got away with it but sadly not and got myself a S'n'G which I quickly served. Managed to haul myself back up to third by the end of the race having to push hard to keep Daniel at bay.....I think 3rd was the best I could have hoped for because Mark and Matt were too quick but I might have been a few seconds down instead of 30 odd seconds.

Had fun :)

Well I finished 9/10 but that doesn't bother me. My second completed Race Department event, I am over the moon I made the 80 minutes without crashing, and best of all I felt I improved my race skills during it.

It was a blast, thanks everyone.

Well I finished 9/10 but that doesn't bother me. My second completed Race Department event, I am over the moon I made the 80 minutes without crashing, and best of all I felt I improved my race skills during it.

It was a blast, thanks everyone.

Awesome Andrew. Glad you enjoyed it. Soon you will be at the top 3, I'm sure of it. After me of course :D

Wd top 3
Started 3rd, got a good start then binned it into T1 = S&G .. This then dropped me to the back... So I had to push every lap. but I was having problems braking into T1. = 4 SnG's + a pit stop within 80mins :mad:.. But I stuck it out as I had pace, just kept messing it up lol :redface:

Grats to all that finished

Cheers Dennis & RD for the event.

That was a lot of fun. Always had someone to race against and measure gaps to within a few seconds.

Elected to start from the back, as is my custom, as I seem to lag and get nervous at starts. Having sat in the sun drinking beer for 2 hours before the race didn't help either, so took it gently at the start. Eventually found myself in third place chasing Justin, but for some reason as I sobered up I kept making mistakes and dropping wheels over kerbs, only just managed to get on his tail when it was time to pit.

We pitted at the same time, and I took this opportunity to open another bottle while the car was getting new boots and fuel. For some reason I got out 3 seconds in front of Justin, and after checking that I did in fact have fresh rubber on each corner I thought I had under fueled the car and ruined my race. One lap later Justin dove back into the pits so I thought I would at least have someone to race against if I needed to stop for more fuel.

After trying to work out my fuel situation for a few laps I noticed Matthias was a lot closer than I thought, and my first assumption was that he'd had a stop 'n' go or bad pit stop and would just drive off again. But after seeing I was catching him through the Lesmo's and Ascari I thought maybe he'd only changed the fronts and was suffering oversteer. Managed to get the run out of Lesmo 2 and squeezed through into Ascari, then drank my way home for my 8th RD victory :)

Andrew James good to see you're sticking with it :thumbsup: In my first race at RD I ended up in the tyres at the old hairpin at Donington Park, and was certain I was going to be banned from the site because I kept crashing into people from making mistakes. The best route to improvement is getting into the club races, then the Leagues when you're ready to really get involved ;)

Andrew James good to see you're sticking with it :thumbsup: In my first race at RD I ended up in the tyres at the old hairpin at Donington Park, and was certain I was going to be banned from the site because I kept crashing into people from making mistakes. The best route to improvement is getting into the club races, then the Leagues when you're ready to really get involved ;)

Thanks Mark! The encouragement goes a long way.

I was in awe that you started at the back, was drinking, and still won. What do you put in that beer!? That's some serious speed.

Hi guys, this will be my first race with GT Sports class (and my first at this track). I'm putting some practice time in and trying out the different cars, but do any of you have any recommendations for which cars are easier to handle for a noob like me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 269 34.5%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 215 27.6%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 145 18.6%
  • Watch party

Votes: 64 8.2%