RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Blimey, that was a write-off. Having done a few laps in the cars I chose the Mosler. managed to somehow qualify 4th, got up to 2nd off the grid and then went backwards from there. unsettled under braking and squirely on acceleration, i spun into the barriers a couple of times. once damaging my suspension, pitting for repairs, then once again that was enough to end my race.

Can't wait to get back in a front wheel drive!

Grrreat combo, and the Sunred's a really fun car :)

Turned up a bit early, put some laps in, the car was feeling alright, so I came back with half an hour to the event - some more practice put me somewhere in the top 4 with Guus being out of reach and Bob and Nelson being hard to keep up with ;)
Qualifying still put me in P2, though - however, Guus didn't put in any time so there's one position explained ;)

Started fairly well, Bob didn't quite and thus I could pass him in T1 - now with Bob and Nelson taking turns in terms of "who can fill up Björn's mirror to what percentage", some laps under heavy pressure followed. All while Guus was making his way through the field, arriving at our group in lap 3(!) already.
He passed Bob, he passed Nelson... I tried. He passed me - fantastic pace! Bob and Nelson still were right behind me, though, and while Bob seemed to have lost a second or one and a half, Nelson was pushing hard, great racing as usual - unfortunately, some heavy lag in the last turn pretty much combined our cars around lap 8/9/10-ish, leaving me with suspension & aero damage as well as a punctured front left.
I was hoping a tyre change would be enough, so pits it was - after a whole lap, though. Going out, however, the car still didn't feel very driveable - into the pits again, repaired the damage, out again, now in P11. But at least, everything was back to normal now :)
During the last few laps I managed to catch & pass David and I actually "un-lapped" Miguel - there's a first time for everything ;)

Anyway, still a great, fun event, see you around next time!

First lap
2014-08-07_00002.jpg

That wasn't brilliant. I qualified well in 6th, but got a shocking start then got punted off at turn 2. Picked up a few places from people falling off, but I was never able to deal with the tyre wear and took numerous trips into the gravel after half distance. I might have beaten @Dennis Phelan with a little more consistency, and I was always semi-aware of the threat from Bjorn and Alex recovering, but thankfully that never happened and I finished a fairly comfortable 9th.

I'm starting to like my preparation metod - pick random car, jump straight in qual session and have some fun :D
Today it worked superbly! That was so much fun! :p

Intense racing with @Alex Odell , @Andreas Scholz and @Jonas Dautaras
5099-1407445210-d1896e7da6024a4a780c23a129194bfa.jpg

Everybody knows how Dennis can defend :thumbsup: Tough fight, liked it :thumbsup:
5098-1407445160-ffdbaf001b63f8019b9622bb1ced5cf4.jpg

Thank You guys for this great race :)
And nice to see two Lithuanian flags in top10 Jonas ;) Hope to see You next time :thumbsup:

My "EZ Pass" / Tequila.net /Dedicated Driver BMW in skin!

A very nice handling BMW, maybe the GT2 is better but I don't have a skin for it. A few tweaks to upgrade for this years racing and I was happy with it for Q and the race.

A very nice race even if my RF tire did get to overheating. Nice for the first half then a look at my fuel gauge had me thinking I might not make it home. I backed off for 10 minutes and it looked a lot better. All the afast guys got by and so I was left to drone it home but still a fun drive,

Thanks to all, I know everyone likes this track:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 37 8.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 6.6%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.3%