RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

quali went pretty good , was on 8th place but in the final seconds of quali i peeped right in front of Marcel on 5th place.

After the start Simon went wide and i got into 4th place, in persuit of Marty. Simon got past , i made a mistake and got Peter on my tail. He was in battle with Gary so mannaged to get away from him a bit. Marty had a battle with Simon for 3rd place , and Marty went wide , thats where i got past Marty for 4th place . This was the situation many laps , about till half of the race , then with wearing tires the lefthander before pit-enrty became really tricky , and i overteered into the grass , Marty and Gary past me. Luckely i was back on track fast and could get on the tails again. then few laps later Marty went off in exact the same place as me and i got past him for 5th.
I made a mistake right before the chicane and Marty and peter got past.
Peter had the presure up on Marty and Marty went wide , where peter and i past him , so i was on 6th now. This was the situation till the end , Marty was on my tail many laps from then making me sweat. Marty made me sweat pretty often this race :D

so fiinshed 6th. not bad .

Had a great race and top notch fair batlles with Simon, Marty, Peter and Gary .

Thnx RD, Andrew, And all drivers for this great race!

• Matt Alpeter

sorry guys, woke up this morning and the computer wouldn't turn on...followed all my usual troubleshooting steps and nothing worked..finally took the entire thing apart and put it back together and just now got it to boot back up :( really sorry!

• Andrew Evans

waaaaaarg! GAME MAKE ME SMASH!

lost front wing an tyre on opening lap, hero driving ftw....

pitted to get them changed and the game decided that's enough for you and esc'd me to pits....

irrrespectively, lovely car/track combo... the more i drove the track the more it loved me back... veh veh nice... good work eric! :becky:

Tried for 45mins to get on server, decided to remove skinpack and got on straight away, not sure if this was down to skinpack or not as a few were complaining about high pings, but had no problems without skinpack.

Race
Reminder to self **paractice first**

• Matt Crouch

interesting one :D, if a bit short lived..

Quali time was in the 1:50s which was a bit of a surprise really. First lap I was being quite (probably a bit too) cautious but going ok, until I suddenly get a big knock from the rear into the wall, I think it was partly down to lag though and a bit unfortunate. My suspension didn't seem to enjoy that so I decided to pit at the end of the first lap to get it repaired. Came out 17th and stayed mostly on my own for the next 7 laps.

Now for the most stupid reason for crashing ever :D, I'm happily lapping, enjoying these laps and slowly decreasing the time to the next person, when next to me a huge purple wall of colour appears, where someone has used a script on the irc window on the other monitor. I look away for a moment and suddenly I'm off in to the wall again..

No problem I think, I'll cunningly take my real pit stop now, I can get enough fuel on to get all the way round. Working the maths out in my head for how much fuel I need, I come in to the pit lane and reach for the buttons to alter the settings, and I start drifting over to the right where a concrete slab lay stealthily in wait for my hapless car :th_o:

Lose both front wheels, race over.

Thanks for the event though and was a very nice combo

Quali: PB and got 2nd to niklas.

Race: good start and was right on niklas....lap 3 he spins, and I see a bit of lag ( gotta watch replay) and his car came back into the racing line I hit him and lost wing and suspension dmg. Stopped and repaied. Got back out had a wicked run back to 8th when I lost my front wing again in last turn and then a wheel in T1.

Race done....poor performance on my part....if only I had avoided Niklas :p

Keith

Angry half of post
Really pissed off, was running 3rd when it was raining and spun and went to 5th at chicane before the bridge then spun again later in the lap and got whacked by someone, not your fault whoever it was and sorry if it affected your race. But my race was over and really really pisssed off.
And if i'm completely honest some dodgy backmarkering as well.

Calmer half.

Also sorry if you were bothered my swearing once I was out, it wasn't directed at anyone and was simply because I was angry at what happened.

But on the bright side I was amazed that I had pace, in practice I was running low fuel and thought I would quali somewhere around 10th but I ended up 6th.

Also if an admin or someone with access could send me the server replay as i'd like to attempt making a video of the race. Thanks.

More lessons learned.

The race was going well through 6 laps, something came over the in game chat, diverted eyes for a second bam into the wall lost both front wheels... race over. Will remember to turn off in game chat before the race in the future. Regardless, lot's of fun, great track,

Thanks a zillion Eric!!

Wow!! What an epic race!!! even after the fact I got rear ended HARD on the first lap (dont know by whom) and that I pitted 5 times!!

It started to rain half way through the race!!!!!!! Never seen that before. What was even worst is the fact that at first it only rained on one side of the track and was dry on the other!!! Then eventually it was pouring EVERYWHERE!!!

Qualified in 4’th
At the start I had some massive lag and took it really easy… found myself in 12’th or so after the first corners.
Had some great fights along the way and, and when I pitted on 17’th lap I was up in 6’th (I think). Had a setup that seemed to work OK in the wet with slicks and where catching quickly on Peter and Lewis. After Niclas had left I had Peter and the 2’nd position in sight with a car slightly faster and 5 laps to go…. then disaster stroked when I floored the throttle somewhat early and spun and of course lost the front splitter.:pissed-off:
Struggled the last laps without front splitter and lost one place to Nico who where catching fast.
A 4’th place isn’t to bad…

A fun and hard race :good::clap:

This was epic!

Joined the server at 18:00 CET, first I ran 1:56-s, and one moment came when I got it, and did a 1:48.7:) Then on official practice and quali I was around 6th-7th.
Race started and all was well, the guys on the front pulled away, and I had Lewis and Jan in the mirrors. In some lap they got closer so I started to concentrate hard and keep it fast:) It went well as I ran the fastest lap in lap x (almost ruined the next lap bacause of that:)) Then the great thing started when we arrived at lap 15, rain came, but only on the side of the main straight, the other half of the track was dry. I stayed out for another 2 laps, I knew I have enough fuel to do that! And as I saw it's raining more in every lap, I decided to take wet tires. The rest of the race was awesome! I had some fight with Jean Michel who wanted to unlap himself, but I think he was on slick and he was sliding in a lot of places, and I had to push. The worst thing came when he spun ahead of me, I hit him, pushed the gas as soon as I could but it wasn't enough to keep Lewis behind, so he took away 3rd from me! After that I was going close to Lewis, he was sliding a bit too, and then he spun in the chicane ahead me. We collided, sorry if it made your situation worse, but I couldn't go anywhere! After that I pushed as Jan arrived at me! Then I saw the gap decreasing very fast between me and Mark, one lap 40s, then 30, 20, 12, 6, and I passed him in the next lap at last corner. Saw that he drove without wing in the rain! Now that's the spirit!:) I'm really happy that I won this race, it was really the best weather I ever seen in a game, a little chaotic:)

Thx for the race Eric and RD, it was really great both for getting into the F3000 thing before the league, and for fun of course!:) See you next time!

Ok, a very fun race full of events :)

Overall, pretty happy with my pace here.
Qualified 13 out of 21, with a 1:50 and change, better than usual, and in front of hung over Mitch... lol.

First of all, sorry Tim for spinning out in T3, I guess you were 3-4 seconds behind me and you did not see me until too late. I did not see what happened to you but I guess you tried to avoid me and crashed... sorry! :worship:

Other than that, something really funny happened... I pitted in lap 3 to fix my suspension and decided to change tires and refuel for the whole race. So i did, came out, let through whoever was ahead of me and faster and followed them. What's REALLY funny is that i did not realize it started raining around mid-race... lol... kept driving as if the road was dry and ended up catching up with Peter and Lewis (who did notice and so were taking it easy). Since the track was not too wet at the beginning i managed to keep a pretty good pace with my slicks and passed them both even though they were a lap in front which meant I was constantly hunted down by the threat of the blue flag... :laugh2:... and as I was trying to pull away from them to avoid the blue flag i was even more aggressive! Obviously I did skid around but i just thought my tires were shot... haha...
I guess Peter and Lewis must have thought i was suicidal... :laugh2: eventually i did do a couple mistakes, Peter and Lewis passed me back, and then I passed Lewis again back and we went back and forth like that for a bit until i really lost it... including my wheels.:beer: Saw Mitch in the same boat, limping through the track to get back to the pits, that was fun!:hug-right:

Thank you guys, had lots of fun, the track was awesome and the rain brought in a little twist... :laugh2:

Thank you Eric and RD for organizing the event!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 36 8.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 6.8%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.3%