AC Race #1 Back to the Sixties@Bridgehampton, Tuesday 7th September 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hi Reik,

There are three participants for whom I still have to get proof whether they have premium. I sent them an 'ultimatum' with deadline before Saturday. If they haven't posted in the Championship thread by then, I'll delete them.

I can then add you first on the list. What is your car choice?

EDIT: I am also amazed that this championship is so popular. But I think that's beautiful!
Han, can you give my place to Reik please.

Han, can you give my place to Reik please.
Done. Nice gesture indeed, Patrick. But do you want me to add you again if there's a spot free? At the moment it looks like I'm going to remove 3 participants tomorrow that haven't got premium.

Last edited:
I've got to say that I'm really impressed for the turn out/interest in this type of event.
Thanks Patrick. Me too! When I started it, I thought I would like to have 10+ participants. Amazing, really. And we've got three new premium members for it too!
If I get positive feedback on this, I'm definitely willing to host another later this year or in 2022.

Last edited:
Guys,

For this Championship, the penalty for violating the Golden Rule is to take away all points from that event.
This is less severe that the normal 30 days ban. Please send me a message of fill in a report when you think is there is a GR breach.
I hope this will lead to even more careful and respectful driving. If you hit someone and he goes off track, by waiting you can at least score points.

Is it a two car championship, if it is the pit stop does not matter.
Have not had a chance to do more than a few laps at most in either car.
So I do not have a clue about tyre life for the Alfa.
Spent most of my practice sorting out setup, not lapping.

I'm really not well versed with vintage tyres. How much difference does changing the pressures make to the tyres on these cars? I'm also unsure why the fronts run positive camber as default on the Porsche, is that really the best way to set up one of these old cars?

Is it a two car championship, if it is the pit stop does not matter.
Have not had a chance to do more than a few laps at most in either car.
So I do not have a clue about tyre life for the Alfa.
Spent most of my practice sorting out setup, not lapping.
It's a single class championship. I did with both cars a full race (40 min) while I was testing them. Tyres were no problem at all with my driving style. Yesterday I did again a full race simulation and my tyres (wear) stayed in the green at the end. However I saw Axel and John doing laps 2,5s faster then my PB. It could be that they ask much more of the tyres or they use a setup that does that. Or both. Anyway, if that is the case then it becomes even more interesting if the really fast guys have to do a tyre change :p .

Last edited:
I'm really not well versed with vintage tyres. How much difference does changing the pressures make to the tyres on these cars? I'm also unsure why the fronts run positive camber as default on the Porsche, is that really the best way to set up one of these old cars?
I once read that positive front camber was done to reduce steering forces.
The drivers back then simply couldn't turn the steering wheel for a full race with optimum camber.

Psi vs grip curves should be like any Tyre in ac:
Optimum pressure > anything else :p

I once read that positive front camber was done to reduce steering forces.
The drivers back then simply couldn't turn the steering wheel for a full race with optimum camber.

Psi vs grip curves should be like any Tyre in ac:
Optimum pressure > anything else :p
Negative camber and dropped FFB then :roflmao:

Thanks for the info

It's a single class championship. I did with both cars a full race (40 min) while I was testing them. Tyres were no problem at all with my driving style. Yesterday I did again a full race simulation and my tyres (wear) stayed in the green at the end. However I saw Axel and John doing laps 2,5s faster then my PB. It could be that they ask much more of the tyres or they use a setup that does that. Or both. Anyway, if that is the case then it becomes even more interesting if the really fast guys have to do a tyre change :p .
The event config says 60min race. So is it 60 or 40?

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 28 77.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 9 25.0%