AC Race #5 Fat-Alfies Championship 2021@Fonteny, Wednesday 15th December 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
It's reset with every session so qualify and race also start at 85%. Hey, it's a championship so the bar is raised!
Good to know as there's no point practicing a quali lap with 100% grip!

Finding about 20sec diff with 85%

How long will it take to get to 100%

How long will it take to get to 100%
With a full grid about 20 minutes. Longer with less cars. With every three cars completing a lap the grip improves with 1%. So when everyone has completed 1 lap the grip is improved by 8%.

Hi guys! Due to other appointment I must withdraw from this last race unfortunately. I'm at the bottom so, no biggie. Han, (@HF2000) I will remove myself from the list in case someone else wants to have a shot at Fonteny. See you tonight @ Spa lads (some of you).

Good luck tomorrow chaps, have a good one! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Just tried to withdraw from the race specifically but don't seem to be allowed to do that... :rolleyes:
I can, however, "cancel" my registration but... will that affect my "SGP stats" Han? @HF2000

Last edited:
Just tried to withdraw from the race specifically but don't seem to be allowed to do that... :rolleyes:
I can, however, "cancel" my registration but... will that affect my "SGP stats" Han? @HF2000
Hi Raul,

Not sure how that affects your stats. I see nothing strange in the standings from the other guys that quit so I guess it will be fine.

With a full grid about 20 minutes. Longer with less cars. With every three cars completing a lap the grip improves with 1%. So when everyone has completed 1 lap the grip is improved by 8%.
my maths says that means it will take just under 2 laps (16%) to get to 100% (85% + 16%) grip unless I'm misreading something?

my maths says that means it will take just under 2 laps (16%) to get to 100% (85% + 16%) grip unless I'm misreading something?
Yes, the laptimes will be around 10 min (Audi under, Mazda above) so after about 20 minutes we should have full grip if everyone is present.

Last edited:
@HF2000, do you have anyone on the reserve list?

I haven't even downloaded the track, still have to learn it. Rather than be a moving roadblock I'd like to give the place to someone more deserving.

@HF2000, do you have anyone on the reserve list?

I haven't even downloaded the track, still have to learn it. Rather than be a moving roadblock I'd like to give the place to someone more deserving.
Hi Taj,

No reserves anymore. But the track is 25km long I doubt that you will be in the way if you start last. And it's great opportunity to learn the track especially with the MX5. It can go flat out for 90% of the track so it shouldn't be a problem to keep it on the black stuff if you don't force yourself. And if you're getting blue flags you can park the car on a safe spot. So please join as I want to visit Fonteny next year again a couple of times. Knowing it a bit will help you then.
And last argument from me: it's such a joy to drive the Mazda on this track!

Last edited:
@HF2000 How do you see quali playing out? Very easy to trip over each other with such long outlap/push lap.
Hi LarsThomas,

Thank you for thinking with me. Really appreciate it!

Yes, it can be tricky, but the outlap is long enough for the Audis to pass the Mazdas, so that's no problem. Within the class, common sense is to let the front runners go first and make sure you have a safe distance from the next car in front of you. If we all do that, the gaps after the outlap will be enough, I expect.

We've raced these cars all year, so everyone should have a good idea which guys are faster and which ones are slower.

But you have a good point so I'll share this tonight via Discord as well. Unfortunately, not everyone is on Discord, but there's nothing we can do about that.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 28 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.2%