Race #7, Germany: Post-Race Discussion

Wel I'll keep it short as I'm too fed up.

Q1: P3

Q2: P5

R:

- wrong gearing, lost 3 places because I bugged down at start.
- wrong radiator and brake duct, far too much.
- wrong strategy
- car got damage

Driving P7, got stuck behind slower cars. Had to take avoiding action when some car spun in front of a group. Lap 11 Nunes drives me off. Lap 16 Nunes drives me off. Lap 19 Nunes drives me off.

On lap 40 I was the closest I've been to Jonathan Holmes but had to let Rens by on new tires. Then when Rens got by JH I had Mikkos behind me, he passed me but I had to repass him twice. But then JH was too far.

Might as well tell about my race a bit further:

PQ: 1:30.6? Are you ****ing kidding me? Nevertheless, was enough to pass G1 in 7th place.

Q1: 1:30.5xx "Hey, that's enough for Q2 - wait, SIGGY? You overtook me with a 3 thousandths gap? Screw you..." That's basically how I felt when I narrowly lost the Q2.

Race: Starting from the 11th place, was a bit nervous as it was my best start ever until lap 3 when Jonathan Holmes (he overtook me last lap as I made a mistake in the Schumacher-corner) accidentally put 1st gear in T3, causing him to spin in front of me and I lost my front wing. Went to get a new one, and naturally had dropped to the back of the field. However, I didn't give up because I could still fight for 11+ points. I was correct: finished the race in 11th place where I also started from, happy to see that more extra points are home after an intense fightback. I chose the hard-hard-soft strategy for the race and used it even after the front wing loss, since I knew I could fight back for my place, especially when I changed to softs I flew past other drivers with so much more speed. :D The race was basically a replica of Canada, was 0.03 off from Q2 there and also dropped to the back there having started from 11th place. I finished 10th there though.

Anyway, I'm quite pleased with the result considering the case, but if Holmes wouldn't have cocked up his gear changing I could've fought for the top 10.... :roflmao:

Also, congratulations for Mikko for finishing 8th after also climbing from the back. ;) Jonathan apologised for his move and I accepted it, since it was basically an unavoidable contact. :)

Rz7W5R4.jpg

My lovely creation :roflmao:

Tacito's gpcos comment: "I am extremely happy with the result, after weeks of arduous training and dedication.
I want to thank my team, Shadow Racing, my family and my girlfriend for supporting me. Be the first Brazilian to win a podium in this fantastic league is spectacular to me.
Thank you!"

So cute

Tacito's gpcos comment: "I am extremely happy with the result, after weeks of arduous training and dedication.
I want to thank my team, Shadow Racing, my family and my girlfriend for supporting me. Be the first Brazilian to win a podium in this fantastic league is spectacular to me.
Thank you!"

So cute
Should be "after weeks of arduous cheat preparing..."

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Friday

Votes: 28 41.2%
  • Saturday

Votes: 32 47.1%