Race Department Forum Racing - Season 31

Status
Not open for further replies.
UTZER VICTORIOUS, BUURLAGE TAKES TITLE
Ben Utzer led a Sauber 1-2 at the US Grand Prix, helping Sauber to leapfrog Caterham in the Constructors Championship. Aidan Keranen came home third for his first podium of the season, but the bigger story was further back. Lesley Buurlage crossed the line in 4th to score a valuable 10 points, and after a disastrous home race characterised by spins, his title rival Jason Lutz ended the day in 10th, sealing the title for Buurlage with two rounds to go. The Constructors Championship is still wide open, as Caterham and Sauber can still take it from Red Bull mathematically.
upload_2019-3-19_8-36-12.png

@Benutzername. A second win of the season for you. The title may be gone, but can you nick second place in the championship?
@Lesley Buurlage, congratulations to you, our new champion. How does that feel!
@rubaru, not exactly the home race you'd have hoped for. What are the aims for the last two races?

Countdown for the next race has started.​

@rubaru, not exactly the home race you'd have hoped for. What are the aims for the last two races?
Uh....you think? We heard United States Grand Prix, start time 12:40. Team showed up with plenty of time to practice and all, but they failed to tell me the start time was 12:40 in the AM and not the afternoon. When the sun is up. And the fans are awake. I'm not sure how all of you managed to run this thing with no lights on the track and the moon below the horizon.

But, I digress. Next race, we'll be double-checking the start times and setting all the appropriate alarms for the drivers.

Uh....you think? We heard United States Grand Prix, start time 12:40. Team showed up with plenty of time to practice and all, but they failed to tell me the start time was 12:40 in the AM and not the afternoon. When the sun is up. And the fans are awake. I'm not sure how all of you managed to run this thing with no lights on the track and the moon below the horizon.

But, I digress. Next race, we'll be double-checking the start times and setting all the appropriate alarms for the drivers.
There's something fishy about this :cautious:
dd9.jpeg

UTZER VICTORIOUS, BUURLAGE TAKES TITLE

@Benutzername. A second win of the season for you. The title may be gone, but can you nick second place in the championship?​
First of all: Congratulations to Lesley, well deserved title!
To be best of the rest would be nice for sure, but it is not a title. I doubt we have a chance in the constructors championship, too. I just hope to get a few more good results (podium/win) and try it again next season.

But i am pretty satisfied with my performance. Being in the top 3 of the championship feels good and in the immediate past ive been there several times. Thats a good sign and makes me hopeful to snatch the title for myself soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 69 34.3%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 59 29.4%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 38 18.9%
  • Watch party

Votes: 11 5.5%