Race Department Forum Racing - Season 32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Williams, Lotus dominate Istanbul Sprint Race.
In a continuation of form from testing, Williams and Lotus take top honors in the first race of the season. Daniel Harvey shines taking the victory, while Andrea Dovisioso leads his crew of Williams drivers to the next three finishing positions. Ferrari and McLaren were well off the pace, with one driver limping across the finish line on three wheels.

Results 1 Turkey.jpg

Interviews
@Millsy24 Great win for you and the team, but Williams stuck together and hold the lead in the Constructor's. Can you explain the lack of pace from your teammates?
@Dovi design Nice drive from you to take P2 in the race. Anything different you can try next time to take the win?
@oorjit07 A mixed bag from Ferrari today, but your home race is coming next. Any special plans?
@Aidan Keranen It looks like McLaren have finally found the track and got all three drivers out today. But certainly you must not be happy with the outcome.

Next Race
Coming next is the Feature Race from the Kari Motor Speedway in India, a track that will favor speed over grip. Don't forget to call the tyre type on your first stint!

However --- Please be aware that I will be on holiday for more than a full week. I will not be near my laptop again until 14 June, so I will announce right now that the next race will happen on 14 June. Unless your in Australia or East Asia where it might already be 15 June.

@Aidan Keranen It looks like McLaren have finally found the track and got all three drivers out today. But certainly you must not be happy with the outcome.
Not at all, it was a strong performance, we were holding pace for about 6 laps when mistakes started happening, and once we fell off the back we just didn't have the ability to work the car as necessary. That and, I think a lot of people were expecting us to be bottom 3 every race, so we've already secured better than that and that can only be a good thing.

Williams, Lotus dominate Istanbul Sprint Race.
In a continuation of form from testing, Williams and Lotus take top honors in the first race of the season. Daniel Harvey shines taking the victory, while Andrea Dovisioso leads his crew of Williams drivers to the next three finishing positions. Ferrari and McLaren were well off the pace, with one driver limping across the finish line on three wheels.

View attachment 309163

Interviews
@Millsy24 Great win for you and the team, but Williams stuck together and hold the lead in the Constructor's. Can you explain the lack of pace from your teammates?
@Dovi design Nice drive from you to take P2 in the race. Anything different you can try next time to take the win?
@oorjit07 A mixed bag from Ferrari today, but your home race is coming next. Any special plans?

Next Race
Coming next is the Feature Race from the Kari Motor Speedway in India, a track that will favor speed over grip. Don't forget to call the tyre type on your first stint!

However --- Please be aware that I will be on holiday for more than a full week. I will not be near my laptop again until 14 June, so I will announce right now that the next race will happen on 14 June. Unless your in Australia or East Asia where it might already be 15 June.
Not the greatest start to the season, but I am hoping to build on this further. Sasha showed that the car has top 5 pace, and I'd like to take it one step further at Kari, despite it being a fairly ridiculous track to drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 62 33.7%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 54 29.3%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 34 18.5%
  • Watch party

Votes: 11 6.0%