Race Department Forum Racing - Season 32

Status
Not open for further replies.
WILLIAMS REMAINS STRONG, LOTUS FORGETS THE RULES
Although slow to get out of the garage, Williams managed to impress again and set themselves as the high bar for the upcoming Season 32 opener in Istanbul. Lotus, too, had a great showing until they forgot the rules by finishing their session too early. Ferrari seems to have found a groove, although not bothering the top teams just yet. And McLaren finally found the track! A slow middle stint with the car still stuck in the garage, but their first finish of testing begs the question...shall they overcome?

Results C.jpg

Interviews
@Dovi design A late stint for you but still managed a great run. How are you feeling with your new team?
@oorjit07 A nice run for the Ferrari car today, and placing better than the previous two tests. Do you think you can push for wins now?
@TTupsi McLaren finally was able to find the track today and finish a session. Should we be expecting more of the same now?
@Omer Said The obvious question must be asked. Why such a short final drive?

Testing Concludes!!
And there we have it, folks. A test of each type of race for the season, and I think it is clear we have some favorites so far. Williams have proven the most consistent so far, while Ferrari and Lotus have also shown moments of pride. McLaren showing up at the last test tells us they finally have a car ready!

Now, before we get on with the season, I need to cover a few things that occurred during the Endurance Race that need to be cleared up. A separate post will be provided to answer all the questions and resolve any of the problems so you all will understand what is expected in the future.

@TTupsi McLaren finally was able to find the track today and finish a session. Should we be expecting more of the same now?
We've had a good pre-season. The team has done some private running on our own and that's why you haven't seen us take part in the official tests. We are confident of our ability and I think many will be surprised by our pace once the season proper starts.

After running the first ever Endurance Team race, there were a few issues (obviously) that came up and I would like to clarify. Here's a list of what I saw happening and how the rules will resolve them.

CLARIFICATIONS
SWITCH DRIVER !
Go @Omer Said
EDIT : Ok I just realized that I didn't get the rules :roflmao:
@Meff28s you posted out of order from your driver order, so that will incur a 4hr 1min penalty added to the end of the race. This is a strange case in that Hugo took Daniel's "SWITCH DRIVER" post. Normally, if a driver posts out of turn, the skipped driver would take his place. But here, it means that Daniel would be driving twice, which is a DSQ. So, we will resolve this way. If you post out of order, you will incur a 4hr 1min penalty, AND your post is ignored. The correct driver must repost the order as soon as possible and the team goes from there.

Pit to Switch Driver
Change Driver or whatever
@Jimlaad43 your original post was "PIT" and at the proper time. Technically you should have posted "CHANGE DRIVER" but I will allow this. If you had posted something strange like "START" or "FINISH", then you would have to edit your post. From here on, I will allow the original time stamp to be the official time of the post rather than the time you edited the post. Since this is a team event, it is easier to check the time stamp rather than the last time it was edited because, frankly, you don't know what the edit or the original post was if you didn't see it.

I posted a message that @Millsy24 was supposed to post. But are we disqualified ?
If not, it's time now to conclude, SWITCH DRIVER to @Omer Said
@Meff28s asked about disqualification. Posting out of order incurs a time penalty. Per the rules, a DSQ only happens if a driver races twice.

@Omer Said posted "FINISH" after 1hr 39min. This is early by 142 minutes. Per the rules, that would incur a 71 hour penalty. Considering the first issue of posting out of order, during the regular season you would have 75 hours of penalties in total.

Switch driver
Edit: oh, yes, I am last in my team. Missed Mark‘s post. I need to post finish in 3.5 hours right? :(
@Sasha Jednak posted both early and the wrong post. Sasha should wait 4hr 1min and post FINISH since he is the last driver. Since Sasha was early, there will still be a time penalty, and you will need to edit the post. I understand the final results of the test don't reflect this, but this is also testing for me as the moderator to discover issues and make revisions to the rules.

TO SUMMARIZE
  1. Stop making mistakes! :laugh: ;)
  2. If you post early, you get a time penalty.
  3. If you post the wrong thing, edit your post and your original time stamp will hold.
  4. If you post early and the wrong thing, you will get a time penalty, and you will need to edit your post.
  5. If you post out of turn, you will incur a time penalty. Your post will then be ignored and the proper driver must repost as soon as possible
I certainly hope this resolves all the issues. Please PM me if you have other concerns or need clarifications. We have many weeks (probably) until the next Endurance Race in the 6th Round at Snaefell.

AND....

Now starts the countdown for the Turkish GP. It will be a fast turnaround since it is a well-known Sprint Race!

Although slow to get out of the garage, Williams managed to impress again and set themselves as the high bar for the upcoming Season 32 opener in Istanbul. Lotus, too, had a great showing until they forgot the rules by finishing their session too early. Ferrari seems to have found a groove, although not bothering the top teams just yet. And McLaren finally found the track! A slow middle stint with the car still stuck in the garage, but their first finish of testing begs the question...shall they overcome?

View attachment 308406
Interviews
@Dovi design A late stint for you but still managed a great run. How are you feeling with your new team?
@oorjit07 A nice run for the Ferrari car today, and placing better than the previous two tests. Do you think you can push for wins now?

Testing Concludes!!
And there we have it, folks. A test of each type of race for the season, and I think it is clear we have some favorites so far. Williams have proven the most consistent so far, while Ferrari and Lotus have also shown moments of pride. McLaren showing up at the last test tells us they finally have a car ready!

Now, before we get on with the season, I need to cover a few things that occurred during the Endurance Race that need to be cleared up. A separate post will be provided to answer all the questions and resolve any of the problems so you all will understand what is expected in the future.
I thought I messed up the session :D
I feel good, hopefully I can keep up this form going into the season

I drank too much Red Bull in the car, and I had to return to the pits immediately afterwards, you know. As it was testing, the team let this happen, but I am actually quite sorry for eating - or drinking - away valuable track data from the guys.
I hear Michael Schumacher did this all the time, so you are in good company.

View attachment 308406
Interviews

Testing Concludes!!

We showed better pace here, but had it not been for some errors by other teams, we would still have finished last. My first stint was quite slow, as we had some issues with the engine, but we should be able to fix it for round 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 61 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 15 2.3%