Race Remaster

Simple video preview (video and Youtube compressions take much detail away sadly):

This is closer to what it looks like in the game:

20.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure what to do about in game menus.
I will probably leave them mainly as they are, maybe swap a few fonts.
Possibly even leave standard icons i the middle area as an other interface inside the new interface. not sure yet. Getting a little bit exhausted now, so hard to come up with things.

Other than that I need to find a way to fix ai cars having trouble to exit Porto garages, disabling in track advertising (that I miss for some reason and therefore can't fix z-fighting). Disable in gdb files?
Also update and test installer, write readme files etc.

menu4.jpg

Not sure what to do about in game menus.
I will probably leave them mainly as they are, maybe swap a few fonts.
Possibly even leave standard icons i the middle area as an other interface inside the new interface. not sure yet. Getting a little bit exhausted now, so hard to come up with things.

Other than that I need to find a way to fix ai cars having trouble to exit Porto garages, disabling in track advertising (that I miss for some reason and therefore can't fix z-fighting). Disable in gdb files?
Also update and test installer, write readme files etc.

View attachment 547799
unknown_2022.03.09-05.23_1.png

Well, I don't know how to fix this problem. But maybe by talking about it, one of us will see a solution.
As you can see, the placement of the car in the garage is spaced a long way back from the exit path (in blue). In my mind, the Ai is turning before exiting the garage and will hit the wall, so does nothing. Or sits and has a fit with the wheels turning side to side.
I don't know how to move the car placements forward. If anyone does, please tell me. I have tried changing the Blue paths with limited success on other tracks.
I have seen tracks where the garage walls were not solid objects. I presume this was someone else's fix for this problem.

View attachment 548001

Well, I don't know how to fix this problem. But maybe by talking about it, one of us will see a solution.
As you can see, the placement of the car in the garage is spaced a long way back from the exit path (in blue). In my mind, the Ai is turning before exiting the garage and will hit the wall, so does nothing. Or sits and has a fit with the wheels turning side to side.
I don't know how to move the car placements forward. If anyone does, please tell me. I have tried changing the Blue paths with limited success on other tracks.
I have seen tracks where the garage walls were not solid objects. I presume this was someone else's fix for this problem.
If they turn too soon it can be fixed with a higher garagedepth value in the aiw file. The problem here is that the ai cars use only idle engine revs when exiting garage until they are on the ai path.
Sometimes that is not enough power when turning also and can't reach the path. But maybe by preventing them from turning early (higher garage depth) there will be enough power to get there. I'll test that :thumbsup:

Are the AI having trouble turning enough to 'see' a path to leave the garage, and thus are trying to turn too early? Would a possible solution be to create a custom setup for Porto for each car with a higher steering lock value, and then force all cars to use it?

EDIT: this would actually be a number of custom setups (one per car) I guess...

Last edited:
Yes it is how long they will drive straight forward before turning.
But it doesn't seem to be exactly in meters, because small changes around 2 makes bigger difference. :O_o:

I got some pics with also my updated tree shader on a very ugly track with old original textures retouched.
I dont think tree shader work properly on "simple" trees. These are all double.
The carpaint shader and glass are srpl:
1.JPG3.JPG4.JPG5.JPG

I found a small but interesting error in Race 07. In one of the GT classes there is an Audi R8 GT. In the specs it says it has a V10 engine but when you race it sounds like it has a V8. To be honest, the V8 engine is a lot cooler because almost every game out there has some race car version of V10 Audi R8 but V8 is a rare sight to see (or rather hear).

Edit done.. PiotrGT.. Good thought.

Well, the handling is fubar, so ... :)
Me, too want it fixed ASAP..
hlp abrimaal.. maybe..

Last edited:
No, I did intend to post it here. I just thought it could be corrected for Race Remaster. @GTR233 has fixed many small errors in GTR2 so I don't see why not. :) Should've been more clear though.

Last edited:
Anyone who wants to be a pre-public-beta tester?
Our ordinary trusted beta tester(s) is/are busy for the moment.

What is needed:
* A little bit of free time to spare
* A decent win 10 computer with some hard drive space available (min about 10 gb, the more the better)
It would be good to test different installation options, so multiple Race 07 installs may be needed temporarily.
* Basic knowledge of the game and how to add mods.

The goal is mainly to test how the installer works and to see how easy/hard it is to understand the instructions in the readme file, but also a little bit of testing of how the mod runs and if there are errors.

Last edited:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 34 8.7%
  • Monthly

Votes: 19 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 28 7.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.5%