Race Remaster

Anyone who wants to be a pre-public-beta tester?
Our ordinary trusted beta tester(s) is/are busy for the moment.

What is needed:
* A little bit of free time to spare
* A decent win 10 computer with some hard drive space available (min about 10 gb, the more the better)
It would be good to test different installation options, so multiple Race 07 installs may be needed temporarily.
* Basic knowledge of the game and how to add mods.

The goal is mainly to test how the installer works and to see how easy/hard it is to understand the instructions in the readme file, but also a little bit of testing of how the mod runs and if there are errors.
Sorry, having W7x64 ATM..and re-building my rig..
I would have had helped you with this.. but....
* Thank you AndreasFSC for everything. /Pp

what do yo mean with "a decent win 10 computer"?
for an ancient old dx9 game?

why dont you help me with gtr2. I am willing to test on that.

I have compiled most of your shaders for gtr2. Because not all of them work.
So a lot of job done already. And there maybe only 10 shaders that are failing.

For example, I cannot use or see all the work you did on shadows, and I was a pusher on that.
So I was very let down when at the end I couldnt even use those.

I know what is needed. And I have stuff to add. But without the shaders I got nothing.

I have seen that you have done a great job with the fog, the sun, the detail errors, the shadows and who knows.

But for me most of that stuff.. I cant use it.
I have a lot of ideas with simplicity, for solutions and improvements. But you have the knownledge.

I wish to upload on the "gtr2 misc" your shaders that work and the simple notes of the ones that I change. So you can have a look only on those.

for an ancient old dx9 game?

why dont you help me with gtr2. I am willing to test on that.

I have compiled most of your shaders for gtr2. Because not all of them work.
So a lot of job done already. And there maybe only 10 shaders that are failing.

For example, I cannot use or see all the work you did on shadows, and I was a pusher on that.
So I was very let down when at the end I couldnt even use those.

I know what is needed. And I have stuff to add. But without the shaders I got nothing.

I have seen that you have done a great job with the fog, the sun, the detail errors, the shadows and who knows.

But for me most of that stuff.. I cant use it.
I have a lot of ideas with simplicity, for solutions and improvements. But you have the knownledge.

I wish to upload on the "gtr2 misc" your shaders that work and the simple notes of the ones that I change. So you can have a look only on those.
I'm reading AndrrasFSC's plea for a bit of help, like it is...

The goal is mainly to test how the installer works and to see how easy/hard it is to understand the instructions in the readme file, but also a little bit of testing of how the mod runs and if there are errors..

I'm reading AndrrasFSC's plea for a bit of help, like it is...

The goal is mainly to test how the installer works and to see how easy/hard it is to understand the instructions in the readme file, but also a little bit of testing of how the mod runs and if there are errors..
Exactly Peppelino. You're 100% correct.

Testing the installer is a big one. Also, drive some cars on some tracks in different game modes, and watch out for graphical bugs – z-fighting (flashing) signs, LOD issues, weird looking ghost cars in time trial – and gameplay issues – do all AI cars get out of their garages, does the safety car come out when there's a full course yellow, do pit stops work as they should, is the AI fast line decent or unraceable, do the AI pit when you do – and UI issues – buttons are where they should be, checking for visual inconsistencies, ensuring no broken functionality.

I've been doing a lot of the testing thus far, and will be hopping back into it over the weekend, but would love some help! :) And Andreas would really appreciate it.

I suspect this is largely because of me – I have a weird setup where I run Windows in a virtual machine. It largely works, but I have some weird graphical bugs other people probably don't because of it. So Andreas would like a second opinion (or more opinions!).

Last edited:
Well.. I have good old XP.
Yesterday I remember I have the "Nos2016" that bjarne convert from AC. Didnt work properly and look really dark in gtr2.
Now with (most of) Andreas shaders, the track looks proper now. Thats a new: 1.JPG2.jpg

Last edited:
It dosn't have to be windows 10, just an ordinary pc that most people use. I have two old win10 laptops here, but they are probably too slow to be used for testing (in theory they should work, but they are somewhat exhausted from just running windows and the background tasks), so right now I only have my old but upgraded desktop to work and test on.

The shaders are a big part of this project, but there are a lot of other things too. Tracks and cars updates have taken much time so far.

In theory the shaders should work on any car and any track, as they mostly (as much as possible) use track lights settings and not so much material light setting. So unless there are many old dx8 materials with unusual emissive colors or with compability errors (as there can be a few times when Simbin tracks are decompressed and edited in 3dsimed) in a track it should work OK.

Recalculating normals, replacing materials and adjusting lights and some textures can improve things further. But there will probably be some track that uses different ways to do things and therefore will look worse with the new shaders and no editing. Probably because the textures were adjusted to compensate for different standard material light handling.

Tracks and cars updates have taken much time so far.
You should have leave that to the community.
Do one "perfect" car and track and set it as a standard and example of the potential of the new shaders. And polish only that.
Then do the rest as the time goes on.
as they mostly (as much as possible) use track lights settings
Yesterday I realize that I´ve done some mistakes with "wtcced" decrypting some files in the shaders you provide.
So now I have recompile more of your shaders to work with gtr2. (still a couple that don´t).

And I was surprised of how much better the scene looks now. At least with my stuff on.

- Finally I could test the shadows you did. Big improvement. They tend to match the blue ambient light, have way more soft edges and is like they are properly casted now.
- The normals look great and the grass was even better at different times of day.
- The blue ambient light hitting on things looks great.
- As I said a lot of big and small objets that appear now
- And the detail on the distance of the textures is great. There is even probably almost no fliker and better quality image, like clean stuff. I was surprised of the change.
I think I was gettin even more fps than with the disaster of compiled shaders that I was holding before.
So dont know what you did but thumbs up man.

Oh by the way, the lighting in the cockpit looks great. Even the fences look better, the glass transparent and shadows less overlapped. So big hit on this oldie you did.
01.JPG04.JPG02.JPG03.JPG

Last edited:
Oh by the way, the lighting in the cockpit looks great. Even the fences look better, the glass transparent and shadows less overlapped. So big hit on this oldie you did.
Oh, great, well done to make it work :thumbsup:
I had an idea to maybe at least try to make the shaders work in gtr2 as they are in Race 07, but it is much better this way as you use the game more than I do.
I have made some more minor updates to the shaders for the first release of the race 07 remaster.
I can send them to you, so you can test to replace them one by one and see if they do any minor improvement in any way (but most of the changes are to the "special" shaders, so probaly not noticeable)

The mod will soon be released, I have prepared a download page, I will get help uploading the file as it is more than 500mb.
I think I said it before, but the mod got smaller than I thought when zipped, a little bit more than 600mb. When it is available, please read readme file carefully before installing :)

I think addon trackpacks (extra and STCC) and minor adaptions of some of my other mods and tinytweaks will be next, but it could also be Super Touring cars and tracks, we'll see...

Also think I should erase some of my obsolete mods like shader beta and pitcrew patch.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 31 8.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 19 5.2%
  • Yearly

Votes: 28 7.6%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.7%