RaceDepartment Awards 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has to be FSONE for me, There are some really great mods in there, WTM, the historic F1's, I also enjoyed NAGT for the short time Ive had to test it but when I want to put a smile on my face its time to load up FSONE and spin some laps.

I voted for Keith, there are some real great guys in the list and some true successes and its hard to split them so in the end I went with him for his tireless and selfless effort he puts into helping others around him whatever their level improve their own skills.

I voted for F1 2010.
GT5 is great, there will be more of it to like as I dive deeper into it. But, Racing is racing. When I play F1, my heart rate is up, I certainly feel more tensed up, and it requires all my attention. You will not advance if you feel like you want to power slide the next corner.

There's only one spot to enter and exit a corner correctly. And correctly is what you must have in F1. Once F1 starts you are in F1. Once you start GT5, you must buy a car you would not likely purchase let alone want to drive. Then you have to collect licenses, cars, etc. Just let me drive! and let me feel your physics engine. And let me have your best graphics and damage right from the start. I paid my ticket to get into the game. I believe F1 is the Real Driving Simulator between the two, and probably more so on the PC.

But for you PC guys, I won't put up with your driver needs and requirements, then having to upgrade hardware, etc. It just becomes a big puzzle, it might as well be a game in itself. Here's an example of what a racing game is not. In GT5 you can drive a Castrol Racing Supra at Le Mans. Down the long straight the car is on its rev limiter for an excruciating 10 secs or so. It will not go any faster. I would hate to drive a Focus down that straight(you can). Thats not racing.

Completely agree with you! F1 makes my heart beats too fast I feel like going into cardiac arrest!

I may be a bit biased, but it's got to be ATCC for me. The fun and friendly atmosphere makes it seem almost as if it's just a get-together every time you're on the server, and at the same time the racing is the closest and most competitive of any league I've ever seen. The quality of the drivers is also one of the best on RD.

rFDynHud i think is great because the traffic light plugin gets me out of trouble in buggy start line tracks, it is massively customisable and it does all the stuff of the motec mod with no licence to buy and its got better compatability than the XD hud mod.

OMG there are so many good leagues.
But my vote goes to ATCC because it it very different from the other leagues in it's own little way and because the action is alot more intence and more enjoyable.

Bono Huis gets my vote because he was simply the quickest Alien that I have ever seen in FSR. He was quick when he needed to and dominated the FSR WC. I thought of voting on other drivers like Mr. Degreef or Mr. "Book It" Barrick but this year they did not drow my attention as much as Bono Huis did.

Bono Huis gets my vote because he was simply the quickest Alien that I have ever seen in FSR. He was quick when he needed to and dominated the FSR WC. I thought of voting on other drivers like Mr. Degreef or Mr. "Book It" Barrick but this year they did not drow my attention as much as Bono Huis did.

I agree with this accessment. Out of all the drivers posted, Bono is probably the fastest. No disrespect to anyone, of course. But winning FSR like he did is such a rare thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 484 69.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 297 42.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 319 45.6%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 149 21.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 190 27.2%
Back