RaceDepartment Awards 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted for keith Barrick for so many reasons that I can't count. Not only is he lightening fast, he drives every class that we race in the club races and does so very well, he also takes tons and tons of time to give back to the community. Keith is an asset to RD and to the sim racing community and his value is far greater than that of a fierce competitior which I'm sure all drivers on this list are.

I voted for F1 2010.
GT5 is great, there will be more of it to like as I dive deeper into it. But, Racing is racing. When I play F1, my heart rate is up, I certainly feel more tensed up, and it requires all my attention. You will not advance if you feel like you want to power slide the next corner.

There's only one spot to enter and exit a corner correctly. And correctly is what you must have in F1. Once F1 starts you are in F1. Once you start GT5, you must buy a car you would not likely purchase let alone want to drive. Then you have to collect licenses, cars, etc. Just let me drive! and let me feel your physics engine. And let me have your best graphics and damage right from the start. I paid my ticket to get into the game. I believe F1 is the Real Driving Simulator between the two, and probably more so on the PC.

But for you PC guys, I won't put up with your driver needs and requirements, then having to upgrade hardware, etc. It just becomes a big puzzle, it might as well be a game in itself. Here's an example of what a racing game is not. In GT5 you can drive a Castrol Racing Supra at Le Mans. Down the long straight the car is on its rev limiter for an excruciating 10 secs or so. It will not go any faster. I would hate to drive a Focus down that straight(you can). Thats not racing.

I voted for Marcin. I've been on the grid with him quite a few times, and he always posts untouchable times. And then he won everyone race in RDGTC. Bono is a close second though.

Exact same with me mate, was between Beavis & Butthead (Rami and Marcin :D) but chose Marcin as his performance in RDGTC was just unbelievable. Great to see 3 RPMers there too :D

RSRBR for adding so much to a game (including online play) that was not designed to be modded at all. Its easy to mod a game that allows for it, but RSRBR shows anything is possible with enough gusto.

Voted for Jason Plato, as he really deserves the title with good performance. Vettel was good 2, but he made some stupid mistakes and got luck in the last race to win the title. Loeb is great too, but I have not followed the WRC to have enough arguments for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 184 66.9%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 118 42.9%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 127 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 54 19.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 76 27.6%
Back