rF2 Radical SR3-RSX @ Road Atlanta - Fri 18May18

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Think i could maybe jump in as back marker for my first club race. I see teamspeak is mandatory so does this mean i need to use a mic or i just need to hear race control. Asking since all i have is a studio mic so i'd have to setup a tripod.

Think i could maybe jump in as back marker for my first club race. I see teamspeak is mandatory so does this mean i need to use a mic or i just need to hear race control. Asking since all i have is a studio mic so i'd have to setup a tripod.
Being able to hear is enough AFAIK, several people don't use mic in club races (though it's obviously better to be able to respond, as using say in-game chat is not allowed during qualification or race).

Welcome, and as Martin says, as long as you can hear us, that's all we need. Of course I do advise you have a mic because the banter can be great once you get involved!

See you on track!

Some days I absolutely hate sim racing ... Tonight was one of them.. Great starts in both races only for me to promptly **** up ... Sorry for shouting when I crashed that 2nd time and for leaving without saying bye... Too pissed off and annoyed at myself...

Some days I absolutely hate sim racing ... Tonight was one of them.. Great starts in both races only for me to promptly **** up ... Sorry for shouting when I crashed that 2nd time and for leaving without saying bye... Too pissed off and annoyed at myself...
It happens to the best of us. Unfortunately tonight wasn't your night, but I know that you'll be back behind the wheel in full force tomorrow. After you left, I promptly decided I had enough of the track and took to the skies, which for some reason broke my car when I landed back on the circuit...:whistling:

Anyways, onto the next one as they say. :)

That was really fun for my first club race made a few stupid mistakes like spinning on the first formation while warming the tires then shifting into 2nd on the start lol (using a button to clutch doesn't help). Although not too disappointed overall it was a blast excellent combo with the radical I hadn't really driven this combo or even the SR3 radical much before, but i think I will drive it more often now. Also since i didn't have my mic i couldn't reply but whoever said sorry to Jeremy(me) in the first race it wasn't your fault when we rubbed doors just a racing incident.

I really wish rFactor 2 wasn't so troublesome to run for me, I would like it a lot better. Once again, I was having some random lags and CPU spikes for no apparent reason, which cost me a bit of time in both races - it's as if the game stops for a moment, then fast forwards a bit to catch up. Thankfully, this time, it didn't cause me any serious problems (that I managed to do all on my own ;) ). And now I'm also back to getting "Connection lost" when I try to enter the server for tomorrow's event...

Other than that, great fun tonight, felt really good about both the car and the track. I even managed to get to P2 in R2 for a few laps, though as always it had more to do with others making mistakes and/or having issues, rather than me actually driving that well :)

Sorry about the start in race 1, I was a bit too eager on the clutch and bogged the car down.

Thanks for the race! :thumbsup:

It happens to the best of us. Unfortunately tonight wasn't your night, but I know that you'll be back behind the wheel in full force tomorrow. After you left, I promptly decided I had enough of the track and took to the skies, which for some reason broke my car when I landed back on the circuit...:whistling:

Anyways, onto the next one as they say. :)
Thanks man... Happens to me too often for my liking!

@kamackeris Captain Obvious here, but as someone on a similar level (I think) making a similar amount of mistakes, you let the mistakes get to you a bit too much IMO (and possibly even make more mistakes as a result). Wish I could tell you what to do about it, though :(

(Sorry if I sound like a smartass, not my intention. I just genuinely wish I could help.)

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 36 8.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 6.7%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.3%