AC Rd 3 of the Q2 F3 Summer Championship - Canadian GP-Thursday 6th June

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Shed 17

Club Staff
Premium
Welcome to the AC Racing Club.

Screenshot_rss_formula_rss_3_v6_montreal_25-4-124-20-49-8.jpg

After all the excitement around the streets of Monaco, we are off to Montreal and the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve for Rd 3 of the championship. Watch out for the ‘Wall of Champions, the exit from the last chicane onto the start finish straight that has claimed so many drivers in the past.

Circuit Gilles Villeneuve - RacingCircuits.info

Not registered yet? Even if you registered for Q1 you will need to re-register again to compete in Q2.

Register on our championship page Q2 Registration page

The race format for this race is:

• Practice Server: Overtake.com Server 6 (Available throughout the race week)
  • Race server: Overtake.com Server 6- Netherlands
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 BST-60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:00 CET, 20.00 BST-20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:20 CET, 20:20 BST - Race Start
Track: Gilles Villeneuve Circuit Montréal

Car and Skins: RSS 3 V6
  • 60 minute race -mandatory pit stop required.
  • Tyres-S,M,H options
  • DRS is disabled.
  • Weather conditions can be found on the events tab on the Championship link)
Further details can be found on the F3 Q2 Championship Registration-Summer 2024 page (including car and skin downloads) and also by clicking on the purple button EVENT DETAILS in the Emperor server 6 for this race.

We look forward to seeing you on track!

Good evening everyone, I'm not sure that I can connect tonight, and even then most probably a won't be able to compete the race due to some family duties.
I know it sounds mean but it could be that I'll be joining the practice/quali and leave the race earlier. I say mean as depending on the number of racers, it could grant me some points anyways :whistling:
Have a great race!

No worries Omar and Jason, thanks for letting me know and look forward to having you back for the upcoming races.
Do what you can Omar, all good experience.

Apologies again, Steve. I gave you more room but I overestimated how much this car slows down on high fuel. I panicked and slammed the brakes when I noticed I wasn't slowing down enough, which didn't help either.

To top it off I pressed the wrong button and transported back to the pit lane. Really a shame since it looked like I would've had enough pace to fight with the Han/Paul pack. Oh well...

Thanks for the setup @Brillekas. I tweaked it a bit to my liking and noticed it was a lot safer than what I conjured up. One thing that stuck out was that the pressures were a lot lower than mine. Does that mean that tyre temperature is more important than pressure for this car? Or am I just not pushing the car enough?

My race: Surprised to qualify between the fast four. I was even able to hold on to third place in the first half. But over time my pace slowed and Allard overtook me in the pits. Then I tried to keep up with him, which I managed to some extent until his crash, which looked terrible. There could have been deaths. A little confused afterwards because I didn't know how this could have happened, I drove to the finish line in safety mode for the last ten minutes.

I'm very pleased with third place and it was a lot of fun again. :)

Im a bit frustrated, i just NOT can get some speed in those F3 cars, maybe i have to switch teams, but they are so nice to me...

Anyway, I'm really not that slow, but the F3 car doesnt give me the feedback i need or I simply can get the setup right. Its very annoying being lapped while driving my a## off.

Congratz to the podium!

Greetings, Mazapin

Im a bit frustrated, i just NOT can get some speed in those F3 cars, maybe i have to switch teams, but they are so nice to me...

Anyway, I'm really not that slow, but the F3 car doesnt give me the feedback i need or I simply can get the setup right. Its very annoying being lapped while driving my a## off.

Congratz to the podium!

Greetings, Mazapin
You can have my setup from yesterdays race to try. I find the car quite sensitive on tyre temperatures so I prefer the hards for the race.

Fulvio Fenix in charge again in Montreal.
Screenshot_rss_formula_rss_3_v6_montreal_6-5-124-21-52-50.jpg

Fulvio Fenix extended his lead at the top of the Q2 F3 championship with another haul of maximum points at the Gilles Villeneuve circuit in Montreal.

Qualifying was a close affair with Laurent Londes giving Fulvio a good run for his money but Fulvio grabbed pole position by 0.2 seconds, despite becoming a victim of the ‘Wall of Champions’ on his very last run. Both of these drivers managed sub 1.26 second laps with Hank Belane in his scarlet Ferrari taking the third grid spot 0.18s behind the leading duo. The top of the grid was completed with Allard van den Hoeven and Thomas Kimmich.

With a 60 minute race ahead of the drivers including a mandatory pitstop, it was Fulvio who fought of a fast starting Laurent to lead into T1.

Screenshot_rss_formula_rss_3_v6_montreal_6-5-124-21-40-54.jpg

All the drivers made it through the tight opening turns without any incidents and by the end of lap 1 Fulvio had opened up a gap of 0.6s over Laurent with the other top five drivers maintaining their qualy positions.

In 6th place Han Fazzi was going well in the Red Bull Campos RSS and as the only driver to select the hard tyre option, he was was staying ahead of the battle between Ricardo Prins (Honda) and Steve Hayward (Haas) for 7th position.

Screenshot_rss_formula_rss_3_v6_montreal_6-5-124-21-44-49.jpg

Steve managed to get ahead of Rico with a good drive out of the hairpin at T10 and got the job done under braking for T13. But one lap later Rico was caught out by the heavy fuel load and clipped Steve under braking for the fast T8/9 chicane, sending Steve into a spin and both drivers off track and to the back of the field.
Screenshot_rss_formula_rss_3_v6_montreal_6-5-124-21-51-18.jpg

Back at the front, Fulvio was gradually gapping Laurent and Hank as the rest of the field settled into a fairly static positional race.

Screenshot_rss_formula_rss_3_v6_montreal_6-5-124-21-46-31.jpg

On lap 17 Fulvio made an uncharacteristic error as he put his front left wheel on the grass under braking for T3, locked his brakes and speared his Red Bull Campos RSS Dallara into the barriers allowing Laurent through. In his efforts to rejoin the track safely, Fulvio inadvertently blocked a fast incoming Hank causing contact but Fulvio showed great sportsmanship and allowed Hank to gain track position.

Screenshot_rss_formula_rss_3_v6_montreal_6-5-124-21-55-31.jpg

Screenshot_rss_formula_rss_3_v6_montreal_6-5-124-21-55-48.jpg

Screenshot_rss_formula_rss_3_v6_montreal_6-5-124-21-56-35.jpg

But Fulvio was soon ahead again with a textbook move under braking for T13.

Screenshot_rss_formula_rss_3_v6_montreal_6-5-124-21-58-33.jpg

On lap 21 Hank was the first of the leading group to pit with Allard leaving it late with his stop on lap 30.
Allard retired with a technical VR problem after a really scary moment when he careered violently left on the exit of T6 as was lucky not to take Hank out at the same time.

Further back Taj Johal was having a battle with Steve and after an early challenge from Paul, Han was really getting on well with his second set of hard tyres to consolidate his 5th position on his return from holidays.

And that’s the way it stayed with Fulvio finishing 5.2 seconds ahead of Laurent, Hank took the final podium slot some 13s back, Thomas in 4th ,Han 5th and Paul 6th. Fulvio took the point for the fastest lap but Han topped the consistency chart, an impressive performance on the hard tyres.

Podium
1. Fulvio Fenix
2. Laurent Londes
3.Hank Belane

Championship positions after Rd3 (adjusted)

Pos
Driver
Fulvio Fenix​
62​
2​
Thomas Kimmich​
45​
3​
Laurent Londes​
41​
4​
Hank Belane​
41​
5​
Jason Bagley​
33​
6​
Richard Barratt​
25​
7​
Allard van den Hoeven​
20​
8​
Steve Hayward​
18​
9​
Paul Fairweather​
16​
10​
Jorg Evers​
11​
11​
Han Fazzi​
10​
12​
Rico Prins​
10​
13​
Omar Filippini​
4​
14​
Taj Johal​
3​
15​
Andre Murel​
0​
16​
Casper de Wit​
0​
17​
Paulo Moreno​
0​

So Fulvio now extend his lead to 17 points over Thomas with Laurent jumping up to third ,4 points back.
Next time it’s back to Europe and the Catalan GP at the Barcelona Moto circuit on Thursday June 20th. See you there!

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 41 43.2%
  • Porsche

Votes: 32 33.7%
  • BMW

Votes: 35 36.8%
  • McLaren

Votes: 23 24.2%
  • Toyota

Votes: 37 38.9%
  • Intel

Votes: 13 13.7%