RD Formula FG Championship Season 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
SIGOULAKIS QUICK BUT APEX TAKE SPOILS
00 - In Season Test 1.png

Manolis Sigoulakis took the fastest time at the first In Season Test at Silverstone, but as 2KF1 elected to take their test driver, it was the Apex Racing Team that walk away laughing. Utzer and Rautavaara (2nd and 4th respectively) combined to give the Monacan team a strong result over their target, promising some extra performance in the next round and beyond. For 2KF1, the day wasn't all bad, all 3 drivers gaining from the test, but the team walks away rather empty handed as a result.
Nathan Cornes powered around in his updated Razor, the BMW powered car was given a large qualifying update this round, and a 3rd place for the Australian is a big step up. Stephan Bohner took a top 5 result ahead of Keranen, while the Ravenwests stunned the paddock with 7th and 8th, Diehl especially benefitting from his 7th. Kederer was 9th in a disappointing show while Reed was monumental for 10th. His teammate Costello was similar, while Rob Sharp and Oorjit Mishra did well further back.

Bonus skill and HP can be used at any time this season from here on. Marketplace will close for the French GP on Thursday at 10am AEDT.

Why is James getting extra skill, too?
Not saying its wrong, but i havent really seen the resaon for it so far - Enlighten me please!
Ok, so this is in the regulations (it really seems that no one is interested in them :cautious:)

2.2.2 Test Drivers at In Season Tests

Test Drivers that take part in a test session will have an average equal to that of the team overall plus 4 spots, or the average of their last 4 Friday Practice Sessions.
Any reward gained will be doubled for the driver, of which the driver may use instantly or sell back to the series at season end for quarter price (rounded up to next highest $50).

If a test driver receives rewards, the main driver that they replaced will also receive rewards, albeit half of what the test driver earned (equal to what a normal driver would). Teams will gain an extra HP bonus should a test driver help them achieve rewards in a test too.

Now you will notice that specifically I don't mention Manager/Testers. This is a problem as a manager should be receiving half rewards, but a replaced driver should be receiving half of what the tester receives (which would usually be the normal amount).
Seeing that the hole in the regulation is there, I decided that, yes, the manager should receive half rewards as per usual, and that the replaced driver should get equal to what a normal driver would have in that situation. So hence I received 15 skill (as that is half of 30, which is in turn double 15. Maths!), and James received 15 skill too.

Reason being: the in season tests were designed from before season 1 started to be where test drivers took part, and thus it continues. But why would a manager replace a driver if they lose out on all of their rewards from the test? So now you theoretically lose nothing in doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 28 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.4%