RD Formula Manager - Season 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're going to display fuel levels on the results in percentages, then we should be allowed to provide orders in percentages. If we are required to place orders in Litres, the results should show Litres. There is no sense in having different units of measure for the same thing. Might as well change it all to gallons or cubic centimeters otherwise.

If you want to keep percentages on the results page, can you please introduce a 0.1% accuracy instead of a whole %? THAT should be simple on an Excel sheet.

All of this "fuel should be shown as litres" discussion was my fault for I forgot to write that in the changelog list. It was the first thing I actually edited at my Excel sheet. Percentages are gone for good.

@rubaru - I will modify that as you suggested. The repair amount can be picked by the managers, and more repair will mean more time spent in pits.

After the setup discussions, I decided that it is best to keep the setup system as it is. It really worked reasonably imo, and changes won't make it better according to your mixed and constrasted feedback.

As fuel loads will be visible with liters, that final-minute pit call engineer might make things way too easy as far as I read from the comments. It will not be implemented.

Sister teams NERF met with mixed reactions, I will open TOPIC 6 to vote for a decision. TOPIC 7 will be about the driver skill deterioration.

The latest situation with the votings: (Reds are my votes)

TOPIC 1: TEAM ORDERS
  1. Ban all team orders. Even team-mates should not be told to yield. XXXXX
  2. Ban team orders only between different teams. Sister teams included. XXXXX
  3. Allow team orders only between the drivers managed by the same manager. XX
  4. Do not ban anykind of team orders.
TOPIC 2: SISTER TEAMS TEAM SIZE (DECIDED!)
  1. Allow sister teams to have only 1 car. XX
  2. Allow sister teams to have two cars as usual. XXXXXXXXX
TOPIC 3: SISTER TEAMS ENGINE CONTRACTS
  1. Sister teams can't buy any player-manufactured engines. XX
  2. Sister teams can buy player-manufactured engines if they are not owned by the main team. X
  3. Sister teams can't buy the same engine as the main team. XX
  4. Sister teams can buy any engine. XXXX
  5. Sister teams can't do tyre and engine tests. But they can buy any engine. X
TOPIC 4: RANDOM FAILURES
  1. Implement a new system which will be activated 1-3 times per race and cause mechanical problems at a randomly selected car regardless of its upgrades and driver skills. XXXX
  2. Implement the system mentioned above, but do not result in sudden retirements. Instead give a significant amount of car wear. XXXXXX
  3. Do not implement a random failure system. XX
TOPIC 5: DRIVER RELATIONSHIPS
  1. Driver testing, winning, finishing on podium and achieving certain sponsors will increase a drivers' affinity with their team. These affinity points will increase the managers' bonus points for the next season's driver bidding wars. XXXXXXX
  2. Don't implement a relationship system. XXXXX
TOPIC 6: SISTER TEAMS NERF
  1. Decrease the speed of the sister teams by default. But give reward credits to their main teams according to their finishing results in addition to their own credit rewards. XX
  2. Force sister teams to use Renault/Ferrari/Mercedes/Cosworth engines, but do not nerf their default speeds. (TOPIC 3 is related to this, but the ultimate solution will be this one if picked)
  3. Do not nerf their default speeds, but prevent sister teams to hire drivers with more than 5 trained skills. (That is to say established drivers refuse to drive for pesky junior squads)
  4. Don't touch to sister teams.
  5. Start sister teams with -10 chassis upgrade. (Notice the negative number.)
  6. Introduce a multi-class system and put sister teams into that one. Their speeds will be lower, but they will have their own championship.
TOPIC 7: DRIVER SKILL DETERIORATION
  1. At the end of each season, each driver will lose 4-5 of their skills randomly.
  2. Same as the first choice, but their managers pick the skills to deteriorate.
  3. At the end of each season, each driver will lose %5 of their skills, picked randomly. XX
  4. No deterioration.

Topic 2 is already decided. Others still need votes from @Sasha Jednak and @Andy 'Mars Bar' Graham
Topic 6-7 also require votes from everyone.

6) Don't decrease speed of sister teams. They might get lucky and hit their aero better than everyone else. Don't force them to chose a specific engine...free market here. Any driver can go with a sister team. McLaren/Honda picked up ALO and BUT in first season back. Negative 10 chassis? Would they even finish a race? Multi-class could disrupt the flow of other drivers on the track. My vote is #4.

7) Don't make us lose 4-5 points. My drivers would be completely back to zero if I were chosen. Losing 5% of skills? How would that work on a driver with only 1 skill point? My vote is #4, or if you can find a reasonable way to implement #3.

7) Don't make us lose 4-5 points. My drivers would be completely back to zero if I were chosen. Losing 5% of skills? How would that work on a driver with only 1 skill point? My vote is #4, or if you can find a reasonable way to implement #3.

Drivers with less than 5 skills will not lose any points.

TOPIC 1: TEAM ORDERS - 3
TOPIC 3: SISTER TEAMS ENGINE CONTRACTS - 3
TOPIC 4: RANDOM FAILURES - 3
TOPIC 5: DRIVER RELATIONSHIPS - 1
TOPIC 6: SISTER TEAMS NERF - 3 (or 6, but more inclined for 3)
TOPIC 7: DRIVER SKILL DETERIORATION - 3

Topic 6: (edit) 6, but only if sister teams get their own separate race rewards, are easier to overtake (less straight-line speed?), and can help in engine development.
Topic 7: 3

Last edited:
Seems you had missed Jack in your checklist :whistling:

Topic 6: #4
Topic 7: #2

Pff, pesky junior squads, 2nd best team. If they don't want to drive for me, they don't want to drive for anyone.

1. Decrease the speed of the sister teams by default. But give reward credits to their main teams according to their finishing results in addition to their own credit rewards. XX
This is a big problem for me. In my opinion sister teams should be extra thing for those who want to run them but they shouldn't provide an advantage. If they can earn credits for main team (and to lesser effect develop engines/tyres used by main team) they will put the teams who don't want to run sister teams in disadvantage.

Btw, are there any changes planned to tyre/engine development? If sister teams are kept untouched after the vote, will there be any changes? I want diversity and would love to see smaller manufacturers be competitive. Manufacturer alliances have too much influence right now.

Topic 6: Not a fan of any of them but let's go with #5. I understand that some people want to run two teams but I think they shouldn't be on par with main teams by default. -10 sounds a little too extreme too so perhaps it could be a bit higher.
Topic 7: #3[/QUOTE]

Ban all team orders. Even team-mates should not be told to yield.

Implement the system mentioned above, but do not result in sudden retirements. Instead give a significant amount of car wear

TOPIC 5: DRIVER RELATIONSHIPS
Driver testing, winning, finishing on podium and achieving certain sponsors will increase a drivers' affinity with their team. These affinity points will increase the managers' bonus points

TOPIC 7: DRIVER SKILL DETERIORATION
  1. At the end of each season, each driver will lose 4-5 of their skills randomly.
  2. Same as the first choice, but their managers pick the skills to deteriorate.
  3. At the end of each season, each driver will lose %5 of their skills, picked randomly. XX
  4. No deterioration.

I think that system would work better if older drivers had skill deteriorated, instead of all drivers which is what I think that system refers to

1. Ban all team orders. Even team-mates should not be told to yield. XXXXXX
  2. Ban team orders only between different teams. Sister teams included. XXXXX
  3. Allow team orders only between the drivers managed by the same manager. XXX
  4. Do not ban anykind of team orders.
TOPIC 3: SISTER TEAMS ENGINE CONTRACTS
  1. Sister teams can't buy any player-manufactured engines. XX
  2. Sister teams can buy player-manufactured engines if they are not owned by the main team. X
  3. Sister teams can't buy the same engine as the main team. XXX
  4. Sister teams can buy any engine. XXXX
  5. Sister teams can't do tyre and engine tests. But they can buy any engine. X
  1. Implement a new system which will be activated 1-3 times per race and cause mechanical problems at a randomly selected car regardless of its upgrades and driver skills. XXXX
  2. Implement the system mentioned above, but do not result in sudden retirements. Instead give a significant amount of car wear. XXXXXXX
  3. Do not implement a random failure system. XXX
TOPIC 5: DRIVER RELATIONSHIPS (DECIDED)
  1. Driver testing, winning, finishing on podium and achieving certain sponsors will increase a drivers' affinity with their team. These affinity points will increase the managers' bonus points for the next season's driver bidding wars. XXXXXXXXX
  2. Don't implement a relationship system. XXXXX
  2. Force sister teams to use Renault/Ferrari/Mercedes/Cosworth engines, but do not nerf their default speeds. (TOPIC 3 is related to this, but the ultimate solution will be this one if picked) X
  3. Do not nerf their default speeds, but prevent sister teams to hire drivers with more than 5 trained skills. (That is to say established drivers refuse to drive for pesky junior squads) X
  4. Don't touch to sister teams. X
  5. Start sister teams with -10 chassis upgrade. (Notice the negative number.) X
  6. Introduce a multi-class system and put sister teams into that one. Their speeds will be lower, but they will have their own championship. X
  7. Remove Sister Teams. X
TOPIC 7: DRIVER SKILL DETERIORATION (DECIDED)
  2. Same as the first choice, but their managers pick the skills to deteriorate. X
  3. At the end of each season, each driver will lose %5 of their skills, picked randomly. XXXXXXXX
  4. No deterioration. X
I think that system would work better if older drivers had skill deteriorated, instead of all drivers which is what I think that system refers to

Unfortunately, there is not an age system with drivers.

Then how about also adding that if someone loses 4-5 points they can't fall below 5? If an 8 loses 5 points, then they stop at 5.

As the %5 choice has won, a 8 skilled driver can lose maximum 1 skill after all. A 5 skilled can lose 1. And drivers with less than 4 skills cant lose any.

Most of the topics are nearly decided. However, "The Sister Teams" have the most conflicting opinions. If this conflict remains, I would like to implement this:
They start with -5 chassis (as Tapio suggested) and they can't use the same engines as their main team.

Remaining voters: (For Topic 6)
@Aidan Keranen @Azabadaza @Tim.E @Manolis Sigoulakis

Missing on all topics:
@Sasha Jednak (WHERE IS HE?! :unsure::unsure:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 38 8.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 21 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 31 7.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.2%