RD Formula Manager - Season 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done to winner and all other survivors! :thumbsup:
How it started, in the end it was good comeback race for both of my teams. Let's build on this further.

Welcome, Anita. As rubaru said, just click on "Edit" for your post and add what you forgot, to avoid filling the thread with small update posts. Good luck in the game ;)

I still don't understand how star driver as Peterson accepted the offer from sister team. I will be honest, I was 1 of bidders at start for Peterson, but someone offered more and I was "ok, they have more money it's fine". And then in the end Peterson was free and taken for minimum money from "sister team". Actually this sister team part is what's bothering me, why would established driver accept to race for "group B" team? (Yes I know that Tobi's sister team is better than most of our first teams ;)) Not attack on anyone, just want some clarification, how can this happen, so that I am prepared in future.

Last edited:
Well done to winner and all other survivors! :thumbsup:
How it started, in the end it was good comeback race for both of my teams. Let's build on this further.

Welcome, Anita. As Milos said, just click on "Edit" for your post and add what you forgot, to avoid filling the thread with small update posts. Good luck in the game ;)

I still don't understand how star driver as Peterson accepted the offer from sister team. I will be honest, I was 1 of bidders at start for Peterson, but someone offered more and I was "ok, they have more money it's fine". And then in the end Peterson was free and taken for minimum money from "sister team". Actually this sister team part is what's bothering me, why would established driver accept to race for "group B" team? (Yes I know that Tobi's sister team is better than most of our first teams ;)) Not attack on anyone, just want some clarification, how can this happen, so that I am prepared in future.
It's not that Peterson axcepted the offer with a weaker team (one that can't bid more than 1000cr), it's that in the 3rd phase, any remaining drivers can be bought at minimal prices. The bidding war was over and Peterson was free because the highest bidder declined to buy him.

PS: I didn't say anything about editing posts I was asleep :roflmao:

It's not that Peterson axcepted the offer with a weaker team (one that can't bid more than 1000cr), it's that in the 3rd phase, any remaining drivers can be bought at minimal prices. The bidding war was over and Peterson was free because the highest bidder declined to buy him.

PS: I didn't say anything about editing posts I was asleep :roflmao:
Looks like I was sleeping while reading through thread. Edited the post :roflmao:

@bosco lam - Welcome! Great to see a new face here. :thumbsup:

I have to agree with that. The sister teams should have a limit on maximum skills of a driver they buy. Will be effective from the next season.
Limit will be 10 skills.

A sister team can't hire a driver with more than 10 skills.

Well...That didn't go to plan.

Just wondering, why did Rossi's engineer put him back on inters after he was saved, instead of wets, which at 69% wet track with heavy rain were clearly the better tyre.

I feel like the engineer needs to punish you, but at times like that in changeable conditions, especially when I stated I wanted wets on (I understand the engineer overwrites that call), that a bit of common sense needs to come into play. Rossi then crashed following his out lap. I can't help but think that wouldn't have happened if he was on the correct tyre. That caused a huge change at the front of the pack in the final laps, with Hakkinen for example losing his podium position after holding a strong gap, giving BRT a double podium. Now this is racing, and anything can happen, and I'm extrapolating massively, and it's my fault I had to rely on the engineer, but the engineer needs to get his **** together.
Congrats on the championship Tobi, no-one will be able to catch Lambo now

261553601342734338.png

Wouldn't have thought that the SC helped me, Ryan up to 3rd, Stefan up 9 places to 6th :confused:

I have to agree with that. The sister teams should have a limit on maximum skills of a driver they buy. Will be effective from the next season.
Limit will be 10 skills.
Can't tell you how much I don't like this, especially since I have 2 excellent drivers. You keep throwing obstacles in the way of sister teams, why allow them at all then?

Just wondering, why did Rossi's engineer put him back on inters after he was saved, instead of wets, which at 69% wet track with heavy rain were clearly the better tyre.

Engineer looks at the wetness level at the time of pitting. %69 was the wetness at the end of the lap, after the pitstops. It was still in inter-optimum levels before that. But you are right, forecast should be taken into consideration as well. At such obvious points.

Can't tell you how much I don't like this, especially since I have 2 excellent drivers. You keep throwing obstacles in the way of sister teams, why allow them at all then?

One single benefit I can think of instantly: Peterson with 1000 credits bonus at biddings by BRT.

I can supply 1 more team, just saying :whistling:

One single benefit I can think of instantly: Peterson with 1000 credits bonus at biddings by BRT.
That would be something at least, though right now I'd just be spoilt for choice by that. I would've said the 1000cr limit during bidding is plenty already, I mean I only got Peterson since he still was available after bidding. Also that'd mean I can't sign one of my previous drivers for 1000cr before bidding starts.

Engineer looks at the wetness level at the time of pitting. %69 was the wetness at the end of the lap, after the pitstops. It was still in inter-optimum levels before that. But you are right, forecast should be taken into consideration as well. At such obvious points.
That's fair enough in this example then. I think if the team owner can make the call on which tyres he would like at that point would make it a bit better. I like the fact that the engineer needs to have a large negative effect.
Maybe if the manager elects to choose the tyre, he cops a small time penalty? This is probably unnecessarily changing the game though, which I don't want to do

Maybe if the manager elects to choose the tyre, he cops a small time penalty? This is probably unnecessarily changing the game though, which I don't want to do

I will just try to be more initiative when picking tyres instead of plainly looking at the current wetness. That will handle the issue, I hope. :thumbsup:

Wouldn't have thought that the SC helped me, Ryan up to 3rd, Stefan up 9 places to 6th :confused:
You have the best chassis, low fuel, a metric **** ton of ERS and the driver ability. The gaps closing was always going to help you.
Limit will be 10 skills.
I like it. Also, this might seem unnecessary, but I think the rule that you can't buy drivers in the 3rd phase if you bidded for them should also apply for sister teams. Because I think what Tobi did in this one is.. questionable :whistling:
While I agree Tobi has the high ground, it is not impossible to beat him still. I want to keep going, I feel I have a 25% chance right now.

upload_2018-6-8_18-56-29.png

@kedy89 - Will you allow a title battle between Peterson-Ricciardo, or is just a one-off situation?
@Jimlaad43 - A great recovery in the final lap. Does this first race performance give you hope?
@Milos - Everybody expected ART to be closer to BRT pre-season. But it was not the case in this race. Are you worried?
@Aidan Keranen - Once again, an unlucky season opener for your teams. But Hakkinen's pace seemed promising, would not you say?
@Sasha Jednak - Must be a great feeling to score so strongly in a return after a long break. Your setup seems weak as well. Will we see Red Nights battling for podium this year?
@Slyfrequency - It is fair to say that the team lacks pace compared to the last season. What went wrong? How will you bounce back?
@rubaru - Do you think that late responses to the wetness changes prevented you from a possible top 5 finish today? Or your cars simply lack pace?
@ME9Swe - It was one of the best debut race performances I have ever seen. However, the safety car ruined everything for you. Are you satisfied with the performances today?
@Azabadaza - Hulkenberg stated that today's result does not show the true performance of your cars. Is it true? More to come?
@Audi - Do you regret pushing too hard in the final lap and missing those great points?
@TTupsi - Are you worried that only two engine failures were with Audreys today? How much this bad start will affect the team?
@bosco lam - Even though your cars could not be ready for the season opener, do you get anything valuable from this race? Ready to challenge the giants?

MARKETPLACE is OPEN
It will be closed on Monday night. Then the race weekend will begin with practice/qualifying.
The practice/qualifying will last until Wednesday night. No further reminders will be given.

Hopefully, the update times will return to the regular hours. With daily updates.

@Milos - Everybody expected ART to be closer to BRT pre-season. But it was not the case in this race. Are you worried
Yes, quite so. I prepared well in the pre season but Tobi's chassis boost really negated the performance advantage I had.

ART:
Risky research ($1000)
+1 engine upgrade ($500)
+1 fuel upgrade ($600)
+1 Fernando concentration ($400)

Change sponsor to A-B

SC:
+1 chassis upgrade ($500)
Bernd driver training ($800)
Bernd speed x2 ($800)
+1 engine upgrade ($500)

If the risky research goes to tyres or in vain I will leave the game on the spot

Did the default engines get any upgrades?

Last edited:
@kedy89 - Will you allow a title battle between Peterson-Ricciardo, or is just a one-off situation?
They'll be allowed to fight. Not that I could interfere anyway, rule changes after S5 took care of that :p

Next race is gonna be fun, will be at LeMans starting Thursday, so I guess I'll have to give the orders for the whole race in advance
BlobFearSweat.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 489 69.1%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 299 42.2%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 324 45.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 153 21.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 193 27.3%
Back