RD Formula Pro Series S1 (RACE 07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
David G. - we all know you are fast as hell, but to smash someone on a straight and continue as if nothing happened and not even say sorry..dude..not good.

Grats to the podium, it's looking like it will be a great league.

chris had a blue flag, i was just behind him. i was at the maximum of my engine in a straight line.chris slowed abruptly in a straight line in order to let me pass , and that surprised me a lot.
and finally, if you'd give me two minutes after the race to breathe , you would have seen my "sorry" for Chris on his RD profile. :)

• Matt Alpeter

he slowed because you kept following him. he was on the very right side of the track and you were coming up on him very quickly (no doubt less drag from lower wing). you should have realized how fast you were coming up and simply passed him, not slip into the draft of a slower car. or since you were so fast, why not wait until the front stretch to pass.

bottom line is you ruined his race and continued all happy in your secure 1st place while he limped back to the pits. and again in your sorry on his profile you still make it sound like it was chris' fault for getting in your way.

i'm simply defending a friend and fellow league racer, if you think you can get away with bombing one of us off the road then saying "sorry, but it was your fault" you're mistaken, especially with me on the case..just ask Eric :wink2:

chris had a blue flag, i was just behind him. i was at the maximum of my engine in a straight line.chris slowed abruptly in a straight line in order to let me pass , and that surprised me a lot.
and finally, if you'd give me two minutes after the race to breathe , you would have seen my "sorry" for Chris on his RD profile. :)

he slowed because you kept following him. he was on the very right side of the track and you were coming up on him very quickly (no doubt less drag from lower wing). you should have realized how fast you were coming up and simply passed him, not slip into the draft of a slower car. or since you were so fast, why not wait until the front stretch to pass.

bottom line is you ruined his race and continued all happy in your secure 1st place while he limped back to the pits. and again in your sorry on his profile you still make it sound like it was chris' fault for getting in your way.

i'm simply defending a friend and fellow league racer, if you think you can get away with bombing one of us off the road then saying "sorry, but it was your fault" you're mistaken, especially with me on the case..just ask Eric :wink2:

np

I made a mistake"I was too close to Chris".I confirm .I apologized for the contact .
BUT it is a DANGEROUS behaviour to brake in a straight line at Monza . it s My Opinion . :)

the Race a BIG pleasure, but the discussion is another story lol

Guys, let's just cool down... it was only a fun test day. Incidents happen and David apologized. Case closed IMO.

I have been too busy to review the replay. Once the league starts I will be much more active at that.

Okey now i have seen the accident and i think that Matt is a little to hard on David.

The way i see it David should have been more careful since many drivers here are very inexperienced and they get very stressed when a faster car is behind. I think they both did a mistake but to me Chris is the one who made the bigger mistake. They where maybe midway in the straight and Chris just let go of the throttle while David was right behind him. IF Chris had continued full throttle David would have passed before the braking point into parabolica. I realise that this was a very stressful situation for Chris and does mistakes are sooo easy to make. I want to point out again that David should have been more careful and dropped out of the slipstream earlier since he was just lapping a car. Both drivers could have avoided this incident.

I did also read Davids apology and i think it was perfectly okey. David also slowed down after the incident to see that Chris could continue.

EDIT: I didn't see your new post Eric while i was writing. But maybe it's good to sort this stuff out?

Okey now i have seen the accident and i think that Matt is a little to hard on David.

The way i see it David should have been more careful since many drivers here are very inexperienced and they get very stressed when a faster car is behind. I think they both did a mistake but to me Chris is the one who made the bigger mistake. They where maybe midway in the straight and Chris just let go of the throttle while David was right behind him. IF Chris had continued full throttle David would have passed before the braking point into parabolica. I realise that this was a very stressful situation for Chris and does mistakes are sooo easy to make. I want to point out again that David should have been more careful and dropped out of the slipstream earlier since he was just lapping a car. Both drivers could have avoided this incident.

I did also read Davids apology and i think it was perfectly okey. David also slowed down after the incident to see that Chris could continue.

EDIT: I didn't see your new post Eric while i was writing. But maybe it's good to sort this stuff out?

++1 thx ;)

Guys please re-read the grievance procedures !!
Grievance Procedure.

If you are involved in a racing incident and feel aggrieved, follow this grievance procedure at all times:
  1. If able, continue the race normally, and try to discuss the incident with the other driver after the race. Normally it will be an accident and both parties can resolve it in a friendly way.
  2. Do not use the in-game chat to abuse, accuse , or threaten other drivers.
  3. Please allow 24 hours to let all parties calm down, review the replays of the incident (often it is not what you originally thought), and if needed, try to discuss it by PM or MSN.
  4. Do not make abusive or angry posts in the forum. Comments which note the accident in a respectful manner are ok and encouraged.
  5. If you still feel unhappy or it isn't resolved, please make a report to the relevant Racing Staff (their names are displayed in red on our forums) including details of drivers involved, the replay time, and any other useful comments to help judge the incidents. The Race Directors will make the final judgement how to resolve the issues.

• Alex Guehennec

Matt when somebody follow a driver who is under the blue flag rule (especially in a straight line), it's absolutly normal to follow him with full throttle in order to benefit of the aspiration effect and overtake. Everybody do that and it's absolutly not a mistake
The last thing you think in this moment is that the driver before will slow down.
I did exactly same mistake than Chris on rFactor F1 event with Mark Javis who were taking me a lap. I was very sorry for him but he won the long race 3 corners later also no consequences.
That's why I find your words very strong, first because you were not in this race incident, and secondly because it was just a funny test race

Regards

• Matt Alpeter

trust me when i think i'm right i go full steam ahead. yves and eric both know that first hand. anyway, since the incident didn't involve me i'll step down, but i will say that i still believe David should have waited, regardless of who was more at fault. it shows more respect that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Watch party

Votes: 7 12.1%