RD Formula Pro Series S4 (rFactor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After all the discussions, I decided to keep everyone better informed on what we are planning for the future. As it stands now, we are already thinking about some changes.

1. Shorter seasons to keep everyone focused. 9 races is too long IMO. It is hard to stay motivated and focused that goes for drivers and the staff (I am tired:)). Most likely we will go back to 7 events from now on. At the end of a Championship people should want more races instead of being glad it is over.

2. Take another look at the points distribution.

3. For the last time, we will use RACE Mak-Corp mod for season 4 (Sept~December 2010). Tracks and dates are still undecided. Several factors will influence that choice: 2010 RL F1 tracks, track is legal, track has not be run in season 3, etc.

4. I will not run season 4!!! As some of you already know, I am taking a 4months sabbatical from real work and RD work. I will be traveling with my family and friends throughout Europe (France, Spain, Italy, Portugal and Netherlands are on the schedule for now). Dave, Ivo, Ryan and Will will run the league! I have full confidence it will be well done!!

5. We WILL switch to rFactor(2) in 2011. No mods or details have been decided, but we will also try to form some kind of partnership with FSR.

6. We are considering charging a small entry fee, but it is still completely undecided. The money would be used for the broadcast, servers, etc.. We will use it to make the league better. As of now, me and a few other people cover all the expenses. That money will not be used to buy prizes!!!

That's all I have for now... We will keep u updated when more info comes along!

Driver*: Lee Palmer
Introduction*: Have raced F1c for 4 years. Joined RD racing club in early 2010 and have been part of club events since. Am also a M3 driver in the WTM series and part of the DSC team in Fuji, Le Mans and Sebring rounds of RDLMS.

Driver: Dinca Andrei
Introduction: I am a verry unlucky driver ( on track ) who had the pleasure to be in FPWS last season.Good people to be around and learn from them what i can.Hope to be there this season to....
Drived in:
PrestoGP Div 2....F3000
FPES Div 1.........F1
FPWS Div 2 Team WBR...F1
NGP Team Romania...FM
RDGT Team MotorAG Motorsport.....Corvette C5R

See u around guys,bye.

Driver: Teo Bubicic
Introduction: Racing online for some 4 or 5 years.Have a fair amount of F1 experience.Raced 2 seasons at FSR (08/09) with some sucess at lower divisions (3 wins and few podiums).Looking forward to S4,rFactor and great mod (if i get lucky to be picked).

Cheers,Teo!

Driver*: Borna Špoljarić
Introduction*: I'm 17 yo and coming from Croatia, I was driving a bit in S3 but due to problems in school and life had to abandon it unfortunately.

About my career:

2 time FSR champion(2008 AMA, 2009 ADV)
CTDP 06 Special event winner ( best race in my life :) )
GRC S8 Trophy winner

For this year I have turned more into GRC and hope I can challenge for title :)

Stats:
http://gpcos.formula-simracing.net/driver-career-statistics.php?id=1769 - FSR stats
http://www.rfgrc.co.uk/leaguecontrol/drivers.php?mode=statistics&id=4390 - GRC stats

So maybe i've miss read this but it seems you have the carry your race fuel throught qualy (F1 Q3 last year) , is this right?

I find it very interesting how some people go about preparing for the upcoming season....considering that Ivo Simmons has been setting up races every Sunday ever since FSONE came out,which was at the end of last season,yet such simple question as the parc ferme and racing fuel continue to be asked...my hat is off to all the moderators and administrators..i can totally understand now how hard you guys work..thank you:)

I find it very interesting how some people go about preparing for the upcoming season....considering that Ivo Simmons has been setting up races every Sunday ever since FSONE came out,which was at the end of last season,yet such simple question as the parc ferme and racing fuel continue to be asked...my hat is off to all the moderators and administrators..i can totally understand now how hard you guys work..thank you:)
First, Bruno never raced in any of Ivo's club races.
2, It's better to ask quetions about even the most obvious stuff just to be sure that there is no changes in rule because me and Bruno raced in Grand Prix Online this summer and they had totally diffirent parc ferme rules so it is easy for us to get confused.

I would like to suggest something in to the Formation Lap rules.

If a driver would for some reason spin or go of track in tracks such as Singapure (like T5=after the long straight) then this drivers should just wait for the whole grip to pass them and then enter the track. They won't lose there grid posision since they can allways go to the same box.
If people do that then there won't be crashes or any other things happening during the formation lap.

This is just a suggestion and nothing more.

Mod, Track & SimSync Pro - Information

SimSync Pro is partnering FPWS this year with their mod synchronization tool.

Please follow these steps in order to download the mod and trackpack.

Step #1:
Make a fresh installation of rFactor! If you don't do this, you might be facing some unnecessary issues.
Just open the rFactor installer exe which you can download from ISI's website and choose a new destination on your hard disk. Call it "FPS 2010" or any other name you wish. Let it install and you'll have a fresh game. (You may wish to use the rFactor Lite version available from RFC http://www.rfactorcentral.com/rFactor_Lite.cfm)

In order to keep your PLR and Controller settings, just go into your existing (old) rFactor installation, go to "UserData" and copy the folder that has your name on it.
Then go to the newly created rFactor installation, go into UserData, right click and "paste".
Do the same with the "Controller" folder, and you're done.

Step #2:
Download SimSync Pro from [HERE]. After the download, put the exe and the ini file into your newly created main rFactor destination.

Click on SimSyncPro.exe to launch the program (right click and press 'send to desktop' to create a shortcut if required). An auto updater might pop up, in that case, let it do the update. Click on the British flag on the top right of the program window if you want to get rid of the German.

Step #3:
Click on "Show available rFactor Series" and you'll see the FPWS series coming up. Select it, then press "Start" on the bottom right.

The program will synchronize your game with the latest files (cars, tracks, anything you need).
Now you're good to go. If you want to make sure whether everything worked, join the FPWS server. If you don't get any mismatch, you're done!

You should execute the SimSyncPro before every official race event at least in order for you to have the correct and up to date files! It is advised that you do this in plenty of time before the event, just in case of any issues.

If you have problems with starting to synchronize, launch the SimSyncPro.exe as "Administrator" via right click.

Driver*: David Noden
Introduction*: Been sim racing for 2 years, last season in ran in FPPS with finishing 3rd in the championship and FPWS started out as a fill in driver but ended up with a full time drive. I'm a consistant and safe driver. Looking at being a reserve driver for Water Blue Racing

FPWS S4 - Test races

Normally i run 2x20 min races on Sunday in the Racing Club.
But in the coming weeks to the first League race i will change two events to a 1 hour race.
See keep a eye on the Club events or on this thread for the dates because it will be a good test. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.1%
  • Monthly

Votes: 29 4.9%
  • Yearly

Votes: 36 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.4%