RD GP Championship 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could possibly be a bit late tomorrow, the traffic in and out of Silverstone today was horendous, took two and a half hours to move about 5 miles so I have no idea of what time i'll be back at, hoping it won't be as bad as today though! :confused:

You lucky bugger ! (not the traffic bit though hehe). Last time i saw F1's, Traction Control was involved and Kimi was in fine form. Bet they sound better now. Have fun. Hope to see you on the grid on time :)

@Thomas : This is what you were doing.

GSC2012-07-0620-48-27-95.jpg

Well Dave, i agree with the two other pics but, with this one (which was my hotlap of 1 18 108) i don't agree with it because my two wheels where at the white line, and it says ''atleast 2 wheels in the white lines'' which i had :)

I was doing some testing (and realized I should have practiced more with the F3 on this track) and I run the car with 10 liters on booard.

The game says that 10l should give you 5 laps, but I run out in the 8th lap. So I figured that it gives you at least 7 laps or roughly 1.4 liters per lap.

Was I drunk or are my calculations correct?

Edit: One more thing, this is the first time I run the F3 "in anger". Usually when I drive it I run the default setup. Anyway, I was testing different wing settings and it doesn;t seem like the wing makes a great deal of difference.

I went from 40/40 (the default) to running 11/10 thinking that I was going to skate all over the track, but instead grip was still pretty good, but at the same time, I didn't see a great deal of additional speed out of it.
What's your experience? is it worth running a low wing? My times, poor as they were didn't show any difference.

Fuel consumption is about 1.3 liters/lap and race should last for 38 laps.
Ill go with 55 liters. :)

I use 29/30 wing settings on my setup.
Interesting, I am loading the front wing a bit more because to me the car understeers a bit. You find the opposite? Or do we write our wings differently? Mine is F/R or 25/24.

As far as fuel, it's pretty close. I don;t recall how many laps I calculated,exactly, but I was really close. I use an android app where I enter race length, fuel and lap time and it spits out all sort of data. Especially useful for endurance races, but I got used to it for all races. Saves a couple of neurons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Monthly

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Yearly

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%