RD GP Championship 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
here is another one one chris at any stage does qualy hit 100 per cent grip
Nope.
The grip increases at a set rate for each session, and will carry over to the next session. So currently, I have it set to start the practice session at 89% (±1%) track grip. It will then take 100 laps for it to increase 1%. (Which sounds like a lot, but when you have 22 cars each doing 13-20 laps in practice, then it rubbers up at a realistic rate). So then by the end of the practice session, the track grip might have reached something like 92%, which is then carried over to the next session, so qualification will start at 92% and might progress only to 93%. Then the race will start at 93%.

I've got a suspicion that Kunos are gradually making the game more and more grippy in order to appeal to the masses. So I'm very pleased that we're able to make adjustments in order to make it more realistic. Because the fact of the matter is that a race track in real life with heavy usage will never get to a grip level equivalent to that of >95% in Assetto Corsa, anything over that is too grippy, and thus unrealistic.

Sorry for the essay, lol but to answer your question: No, qualifying will never reach 100% grip. :)

I don't think Kunos would do anything to appeal to the masses, not sure on their perspective on 100% being too grippy though...

It is most likely that I won't compete in this round, I'll post in the absence thread when I know for sure, I was really looking forward to this one!

Welcome back everyone!
I hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Year, but now it's time to get back into it as we approach the business-end of the season with the final 4 rounds from some of the most legendary race tracks. Round 4 kicks off in just 6 days time, and I don't know about you, but I've been itching to get back in the car for some high quality, ultra-competitive racing!

So far the season has been dominated by one man and one man only, but as we all know in Motorsport, anything can happen, and at the completion of Lap 8 of this weekends race we will have reached the halfway mark of the season, meaning this championship is far from over.

Also guys, just a reminder: You must use the livery that you elected to use at the beginning of the season for all races.
Round 3 had several people were running skins that were different to the ones they chose at the beginning of the season.

It can make it confusing for post-race officiating if people are not using the same livery every week.
So again, please use the livery you chose at the beginning of the season for the rest of the season.

James Scanlan
Round 4
Sorry guys i wont be able to make this race i have to pick up a car from Bathurst and unfortunately ill be driving with lots of coffee buzzing through my system while your all going wheel to wheel with each other.

Hi Guys, Practice track will startup on Friday at 6.00pm AEST and run for 24 hours.

Name: RaceDepartmentPracticeVFAC
Password:sniper

92% Starting Grip
No Damage for practice

Cya there!!

IMPORTANT
Drivers using their nicknames on the RaceDepartment forums must use their full real name as their Assetto Corsa profile name when racing.

Entry List Confirmed:

1. @Sun Levi
  2. @Justin (Justin Talent)
  3. @Chris Stacey
  4. @Rhys Gardiner
  5. @Akis (Akis Kevrekidis)
  6. @Frank (Frank van Oeveren)
  7. @Noel Spence
  8. @David Armstrong
  9. @Sniper (Tony Binelli)
  10. @Michael Stead
  11. @Fred Locklear
  12. @Jeremy Talbot
  13. @Matthew Bailey
  14. @Aidan Keranen
  15. @Aaron Wilson
  16. @Jack (Jack Trooper)
  17. @Dexter (Catalin Sasu)
  18. @Jamie Pyatt
  19. @Joao Alves
  20. @Galin Dimov
  21. @Michael Young (Reserve driver)

Sign-outs beyond this point will incur a penalty.

Last edited:
Had a good race, wasn't expecting a podium! Managed to steer clear of all the incidents and found myself in 3rd place.

Was catching @Frank van Oeveron and was about to launch an attack when my ping decided to go up :mad: Had to back off because it was way to dangerous, though I'm not sure I would have been able to find a way around you anyway m8. Nice consistent driving Frank.

Bad luck to all the guys who got caught up in incidents.

Thanks to Tony + Chris for the event :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Had a good race, wasn't expecting a podium! Managed to steer clear of all the incidents and found myself in 3rd place.

Was catching @Frank van Oeveron and was about to launch an attack when my ping decided to go up :mad: Had to back off because it was way to dangerous, though I'm not sure I would have been able to find a way around you anyway m8. Nice consistent driving Frank.

Bad luck to all the guys who got caught up the incidents.

Thanks to Tony + Chris for the event :thumbsup:

You made me nervous :-D

I really didn't expect to finish 2nd, thanks to the people making mistakes @Akis!

Great driving @Sun Levi and thanks for the organization @Chris Stacey!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%