RD GP Championship 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luckiest race! Some of you guys are so fast here, didn't have the pace to win but definitely had the luck :p Actually really enjoyed that! Thanks @Chris Stacey + @Sniper for the organization! Keep up the great work :thumbsup:

cFetIF0.jpg

Great win @Sun Levi!

Absolutely pissed off with myself after that race. Unfortunately I hadn't set up my reply size big enough so I didn't get the beginning (I watched the race from pitlane) but by the sound of it it was probably my fault that I hit @Chris Stacey and took him out of the race. Apologies Chris :( Gutted because I knew I had the pace to at least be on the podium if not take out the win.

Having said that I'm stoked to have taken a 2nd in quali, was just a monster lap by @Akis that took out the pole, well done!

Thanks to Chris and @Sniper as always

Good race guys...I almost didn't take part as the load cell in my CSP V2 broke so i had 50% brake or something like that (sometimes doesn't register) but decided to give it a go and don't regret it. I was prepared to be dead last but wanted to clear all my penalties from being absent in the past 2 rounds. To my surprise, after practice and qualifying, I got to understand how to manage the faulty brake and it wasn't that bad, and I was even somewhat "competitive". Fun race, thanks for organizing it! :thumbsup:

p.s. having hardware issue like this, really made me feel like real racing where things do go wrong and you are out of your comfort zone so I appreciate the experience even though I am not happy about the faulty pedal.

Cheers,
Galin

Had a great race, was very happy with it. I won't lie, I absolutely despise this track. Useless qualifying meant I had the box seat for the first lap, probably made up around 8 spots without having to actually overtake anyone, so thanks everyone who was nice enough to spin off :D
Start of lap 2 I made an overtake (wooo!), a few laps later I half spun and lost some time and positions, but hustled back to take 8th. Without the spin, who knows, maybe a few more spots.
Cheers to @Matthew Bailey for the battle, was looking really good towards the end, a nice see-sawing battle all race long. Thanks to everyone in the race and to Chris and Tony for the organisation :)

GJ to the usual suspect @Sun Levi and to all the guys who managed to finish the race in this deathtrap!! :D

Well you can say I'm not very happy with the results. The expectations were high after my pole.
Then this happened:

Damn you Mugello

Well I broke the "never step on the curbs" rule so I deserved it.

Nothing to say ... again !! Caught up in a crash ahead of me in the red zone on lap one with nowhere to go . Really looking forward to a clean race soon.
Roll on Silverstone.
Thanks @Chris Stacey and @Sniper.
Well done @Sun Levi . Great to have you pushing us to try and reach a higher level!!

Q: 3rd
R: DNF

Felt great all through practice and qualifying. Wasn't able to hook up my best lap on my final run because I locked the rears at turn 1 by braking too late, so I spun out. But thankfully I was able to put in two pretty decent banker laps on my previous two runs which was good enough for P3. Absolutely stonking lap by Akis to go almost half a second faster.

Race start was not the best, but I didn't lose any positions, and then in to Turn 4 @Jeremy Talbot and I collided trying to go two wide through the corner. After consulting the replay it looks like I may hold the slight majority of the blame as I probably could have left more room on the inside, however when I was in the car I felt like I left enough. But it's a tough incident to judge because there's multiple racing rules contradicting eachother:
  • I was on the racing line and very slightly ahead.
  • Jeremy was more than enough along side me to be considered as having a substantial part of his car alongside mine to be granted a cars width.
  • I did leave a cars width at the corner apex, however I didn't account for the fact that Jeremy's line would be wide on exit since he took a shallower line into the corner.

But no hard feelings mate, these things happen sometimes. I'm mainly just gutted because I also felt my race pace was strong enough to win the race.

Congratulations on yet another win Sun, as much as it pains me to say it, even if you lucked into this one, but in racing, you make your own luck.

Cheer guys,
See you at Silverstone.

Q: 8
R: DNF

I was going to practice for the race last night, but I fell asleep instead :). Finally got a few laps in before/during booking and I was a bit hopeful. My first lap in practice (optimal) was within 0.5s of my PB...even with a full tank and hard tyres. I had a decent qualifying time, and though I could do a lot better, but I fuxored up my last flying lap and had to settle for 8th.

At start, I got spooked because Jeremy warped from the lead to a car length in front of me going into T1. I tried to be careful in the red zone, but got hit from behind. Race was completely over after another hit from behind a quarter of lap later. Limped slowly back to the pits just to get enough laps in to qualify for points.

Was hopeful for a solid top 10. Maybe next race.

Again, thanks to @Chris Stacey and @Sniper for hosting the event!

congrats to the pods , well i did have a new years resolution to at least have one race without damage , looks like it will not happen lol .My race was not the best damaged from lap 1 ,but stayed out too the end loosing about 9 seconds a lap probably should have pitted in but i figured that would take ages ,as for the q stuffed up every lap i did ,anyways cheers too chris and tony again

Round 4
Driver: @Joao Alves
Rule Breach: Failure to provide notice of absence at least 24 hours in advance of Round 3.
Explanation: Unable to serve this penalty from Round 3 at the completion of Round 4 due to a DNF. The 15 seconds will be applied to his next race finish.
Drivers: @Chris Stacey & @Jeremy Talbot
Incident: A collision between the two cars at Turn 4. Stewards have deemed it a racing incident as both cars placed themselves in dangerous situations that led to the collision. Chris Stacey didn't allow enough room on the outside, and Jeremy Talbot carried too much speed to make the corner safely along the inside line.
Penalty: Racing Incident. No action taken.
Video: /watch?v=FKiQ32ImZLM
Drivers: @Fred Locklear & @Justin Talent
Incident: Collision at Turn 2. Red Zone. From the video evidence, it appears clear that there is heavy contact created by Justin Talent, however upon reviewing the counter evidence, Justin Talent's car never touched Locklears. As a result, this is considered a latency incident, so Justin cannot be held responsible. In incidents such as these, the benefit of the doubt always goes to the car with the lower ping, in this case: Justin Talent.
Penalty: Driving standards reprimand to Justin Talent. Drivers cannot be penalised for getting close to someone, however, more caution should be shown in the red zone, especially when near a high ping car.
Video Evidence: /watch?v=JY5pp69XoG0
Counter Evidence: /watch?v=QTgQ_UxH0pc
Drivers: @Fred Locklear & @Aaron Wilson
Incident: Collision between Fred Locklear and Aaron Wilson on the first lap at Turn 10. Fred has damage from his previous collision with Justin and is cautious by allowing room for Matthew Bailey on the inside. Aaron Wilson then attempts to go in between the two drivers ahead, creating contact with Fred and further damaging his car.
Penalty: 3 Penalty points awarded to Aaron Wilson and a driving standards reprimand.
Video: /watch?v=0pyaKdUJgSs

Last edited:
Qualifying: 10th
Race: 4th

Can't say I felt too happy with this result but after milling on it for a few days, I'm OK with it now. :)

Qualifying was horrendous. I blew my first two runs early into their respective flying laps so I had no banker lap at all going into my final run. However, I was on for either a low 48 or a high 47 going into the final turn before I got throttle happy and lost the rear on the exit of the turn. I lost over 2 seconds due to it and ended up in 10th. I knew I had pace to challenge for a win here which was basically gone now due to my starting position

In addition, I got a relatively poor start off the line and was involved with a weird lag related incident with Fred at turn 2. Not knowing whether I had hit him or not threw my concentration off early and despite being in 3rd at one point, I started making silly errors which put me back down to 8th place.

I did recover and once I was focused again I started to hit a nice groove. I was consistently in the 48s in the second half of the race which made me near on the fastest car on the track. After getting by Akis and Michael, I was reeling in Frank and David late into the race who were fighting over 2nd place. Had there been a few more laps I could have caught them but I had to settle for 4th.

I initially wasn't happy, but going from 10th to 4th isn't exactly a bad thing and I'm still second place in a pretty competitive group so I can't really complain. Congrats to Sun for 4 wins in a row, even if you were a lucky bugger this time around. :D Cheers to Chris and Tony for the server and the event as always. :)

Round 5.jpg

General Information:
Date: 24/01/2015
Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM RD-VFAC
Skin Pack: DOWNLOAD
Password: Sent via TeamSpeak
Virtual Time of Day: 14:00
TV Broadcast Replay Cameras: DOWNLOAD

Server regulated driving assists:

• Traction Control = OFF
  • ABS = OFF
  • Stability Control = OFF
  • Auto-Clutch = OFF
  • Damage = 100%
  • Fuel usage = 100%
  • Tyre wear = 100%
  • Starting Track Grip = 90%

Session Schedule:
Booking: 20:00 AEDT (30mins)
Practice: 20:30 AEDT (45mins)
Qualifying: 21:15 AEDT (15mins)
Race: 21:30 AEDT 14 Laps
*AEDT = GMT+11

Technical Notes & Track Briefing:
Track Length: 5.891 km (3.66 mi)
Top speed: 214 km/h (133 mph)
Turns: 18 in total. 10 right, 8 left.

Track Map & Red Zone:
map.png

Red Zone
The red zone for the Silverstone Grand Prix circuit (and all other circuits featured on the VFAC calendar) is applicable for the first lap only. In this case it applies from the start/finish line until the exit of Turn 3. Collisions and erratic changes of direction within this section of the track on lap one will automatically be scrutinized more closely.

Pit lane Exit:
Drivers must not exceed the white line on the exit of the pit lane which guides you safely back to the racing line, at any point during the event (P, Q & R).

Screenshot_tatuusfa1_silverstone_13-1-2015-14-54-13.jpg

Track Limits: Drivers must maintain at least two wheels within the white lines at all times. Particular areas of concern that will be closely looked at during qualifying and the race are as follows:
Turn 9:
Screenshot_tatuusfa1_silverstone_13-1-2015-14-53-39.jpg

Turn 15:
Screenshot_tatuusfa1_silverstone_27-12-2014-16-38-17.jpg

Finally:
As per league regulations:

• You are expected to attend. Unless you report absent in the absentee thread with a legitimate excuse.
  • During qualifying and the race only clear and concise alerts will be tolerated.
  • If you're caught talking more than that during qualifying and race sessions, you will be penalised.
    • Set your microphone to "Push-to-Talk" in TeamSpeak settings:
      push-to-talk-jpg.64706

• If you're involved in an incident, dont rage, just report it via PM according to the accepted format and it will be independently reviewed.

Last edited:
Really need a strong result after Round 4, so I'll need to step up my game for the final 3 rounds. 2 DNF's in 4 races isn't good enough.
It's not over, but I think the chances of anyone but Sun winning the championship is unlikely, as things would have to fall apart pretty horrendously for it to happen. Regardless, I'll be pushing as hard as possible to get second in the championship, and if it's still mathematically possible to get first heading into Monza, then I'll be pushing for that.

Last edited:
Sim Results previous update stopped drivers best laps for practice, qualifying and race sessions from being displayed and thus ranked in order of fastest. This has now been fixed. All back to normal :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 429 69.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 267 43.2%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 285 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 126 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 168 27.2%
Back