RD GP Championship 2017 I

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why I didn't put it up a thread for it, but either way. But if you can't make Round 1 for any reason, please insert here with at least 12 hours of notice prior race time.

I'm seeing people that signed up to the league but haven't logged any minute into RD for nearly a month. So the reserves you better step up.

Cheers!

For now, what will happen is the following, I'll compile all skins that I have and see if I can create a skin pack, of course others need to send me skins, but for now, Round 1 will have the skin sharing feature enabled. That's a server side option so we'll leave it turned on.

I don't know how much that will carry in terms of download, skin by skin, but it is a temporary yet functional solution for Round 1.

TO ALL DRIVERS RACING TOMORROW.

WE'LL SET THE SERVER TO ABLE TO SHARE THE SKINS FOR ALL DRIVERS, SO FOR ROUND 1 WE WON'T HAVE THE SKINPACK.

Teams and drivers MUST send the skins for me at least at the end of the next week.

Sorry for the fairly late notification, but I will also be at the WEC/ELMS at Silverstone this weekend. Have had tickets booked for months and forgot I hadn't notified you until this morning.

Will be at all the other rounds, as long as fate does not intervene.

My under standing after reading everything. Just show up and the server has all our cars? All cars will load because they are on the server? I just pick my correct car as mine #68 and all other cars will load as they should for the other drivers? All needed skins will load into my copy of the simulation? I have no idea how to load my own car ahead of time. This is also my first time with this simulation. I have loaded 3rd party tracks and cars, easy enough. But kind of lost about how my own car gets into the simulation. So I am assuming all is simple and I'm over thinking what I must do?

I notice FPS at top right corner of my screen. Any way to make this easier to read? Black lettering would be better than white against the sky blue.

How, and can I, get my tire pressures on the screen when racing? How to read my tire temps????

I am hopeing when this simulation goes DX11 in May, my frame rate does not hit bottom when damage happens to my car or other drivers. History in older simulations shows, when cars wreck, with parts flying off, FPS goes down. Not a problem with Assetto Corsa and DX11, cars don't fall apart. I look forward to DX11 of course with rF2. The reason I bought the simulation. But I worry about my slow Dell/Alienware/Frankinstine computer. New nVidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti now installed, running fans at high speeds. Graphics card is over clocked. New, used, Mother board, all 4 cores set to run at 100%. I will be watching my temps with CPUID HWMonitor. Fingers crossed I don't over heat or burn anything again. All my machines fans, in my tower, will be screeming for this race. 7 year old computer now. Early 2010 model, doing what it can.....

I am also at loss or worried about/with TeamSpeak 3.1.4 I have it installed, have never used it. It seems to work. I have a new head set with mic. We get our race infomation this way? I have bookmarked RaceDepartment.com/Racing Clubs/rFactor2/Jay Beckwith ??????

Sure was a lot easier years ago, with gpl....... And 36 FPS.

Good luck to all my fellow racers!!!!! My fingers crossed this computer does not go up in flames half way thru this race.

I read everything on subject in forum.
How to see you car livery or carskins in rfactor2

Do I need to follow those dirrections with adding Alt to my dds files. Or just wait for server to do all this for me? I am so much a rookie with this simulation.

No more questions for now. LOL

I read everything on subject in forum.
How to see you car livery or carskins in rfactor2

Do I need to follow those dirrections with adding Alt to my dds files. Or just wait for server to do all this for me? I am so much a rookie with this simulation.

No more questions for now. LOL
Hey Jay, the car skins should automatically download via the server if all works correctly, so you don't really need to worry about that. Show up with your car and everything else will be fine... in theory :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 475 70.1%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 288 42.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 312 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 139 20.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 182 26.8%
Back