RD GP Championship 2017 I

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just at a RaceDepartment server running Palm Springs Oval. Time of day, dusk and getting darker. I lost sight of turn one and slamed the wall. The lights were just coming on. I hope our race will not be this time of day. LOL

Thanks Tobias for information about skins. Makes me feel a bit more confident.

I praticed coming into the pits. I worked on a few setups. Most of my adjustments slowed the car down. But I found a few good adjustments. Car felt good with default setup. So hard to pick what might help out. I did not get long runs to test, hoped I would. Track was just getting to dark at night.

I will try the server again every so often. I really need a long run to check setup. I guess I could do it off line but would be cool to have someone to draft from. How much draft do these cars have? Not much I expect.

Whish I was at Silverstone instead of Florida.

Jay

I was just at a RaceDepartment server running Palm Springs Oval. Time of day, dusk and getting darker. I lost sight of turn one and slamed the wall. The lights were just coming on. I hope our race will not be this time of day. LOL

Thanks Tobias for information about skins. Makes me feel a bit more confident.

I praticed coming into the pits. I worked on a few setups. Most of my adjustments slowed the car down. But I found a few good adjustments. Car felt good with default setup. So hard to pick what might help out. I did not get long runs to test, hoped I would. Track was just getting to dark at night.

I will try the server again every so often. I really need a long run to check setup. I guess I could do it off line but would be cool to have someone to draft from. How much draft do these cars have? Not much I expect.

Whish I was at Silverstone instead of Florida.

Jay
Loads of draft and very tricky in dirty air Jay, so watch out when you're following another car to lift off a little bit or change to a higher line to avoid the aeropush.

Oh, and we need clarification about pit entry: Back straight is the correct way (between T2 and T3). Anything else is bloody dangerous.
@Lorenzo Bonder

It does seem dangerous to pit in after turn 3/4, but that is how it is worded. We just all need to be on the same page.

@Lorenzo Bonder , any clarification perhaps? Should we enter the pits on the back straight before turn 3/4 or turn in after 3/4? Thanks!! We should also make sure that on the server before the race that it is clear either way.

Last edited:
HELLO ALL. Sorry, I'm not 100% and I just woke up now.

So here we go.

Answering questions: about skins, it's just load your skin when joining the server and boom.

About reserves: Yeah reserves will join tonight, so @Christopher Beavis @Daryl Russell and other reserves can jump in for those who doesn't come, just stay in Teamspeak, please.

About pit entry: You'll have to either commit on the exit of Turn 4 to enter, but has to stay inside of the turn, or go from the apron of turn 3 and 4 and join from there safely. You'll lose time by driving on the apron but it's a safer approach.

Do we have a thread to make race reports on? I don't see one. Years ago league racing, we always made race reports after our races.

My report:

I made to many stupid rookie mistakes. I got greedy and pitted at the last second. Not following our gentlemans rule about pitting. I over heated my engine at the restart of our race because I did not know how to turn my engine off while we waited. I was smoking at the start of our restarted race. Not the good kind of smoke...... My setup did not have enough cooling???? Someone spun in front of me later and I taged him. And later I spun my car out just because I got greedy again, not slowing when I should have. I don't think I let it hit anyone. Then after our restart, my motor went up in flames, guessed that looked cool. I pulled off into the grass as the car came stoped. I will learn from my mistakes. I was late to start at every restart, caught sleeping every time. Very much my bad. Administration, check replay. I broke the rule about pitting at last moment. And I may have passed to many cars after pitting and rejoining a pace lap. Did I get on the track in front of the pace car??? Check replay please. Just to many old man 63, rookie mistakes. I hope to be much better next week.

And my car needs repainting. It is so UGLY!!!!!!!! My only excuse, I am color blind. My skin did not load right, only the main file loaded. My mistake again????? Next week, a gold car with red trim? Maybe I should give it some flames? So it will go faster.

Have a good Sunday everybody. Thank you RaceDepartment!!! I have eggs to color now for my grand children. More ugly eggs!!! For my 5 year old girl, and my 1 year old, race car driver.

See ya!!!
#68 Charles Jay

Changes will be done on the entire league structure. I don't know what else to say.

This issues got me, big time.
Don't let it get you down mate. Next race will be better and more organised.
I'll be coming back for sure. I enjoyed today's race. Hic ups and all. The racing was very close. Just have to look at the top 7 quali laps. All with .070 of each other.
Keep up the work buddy. I'm routing for your success.

Well if you are restructuring the league format, you could perhaps consider taking the top 5 out of 6 scores. That way for any others like myself that got the unlucky end of things, or for any potential future issues for anyone it at least makes it not as severe. Just a thought. We know you are putting forth a good amount of effort, so while I am pretty disappointed and upset at what happened, I am not upset with you. Thank you for putting on the series and doing all that you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 277 34.4%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 225 28.0%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 149 18.5%
  • Watch party

Votes: 66 8.2%