RD GP Championship 2017 I

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Lorenzo Bonder, it's not your fault, neither from the game. you can practise as much as you want, but in ovals your qualifying runs with 8 liters of fuel and no draft don't matter when it comes to racing. and let alone holding a position side by side.

the S&G when you overtook someone before the finish line after a green flag is supreme bullshit (you had to edit the rFm to fix that). But I managed to deal with it and serve TWO of them and be more careful in the restarts even though I always had better reaction time.

I had two incidents with @Dan Long and @Campbell Wallis too, sorry about that, but there's nothing I could do to avoid those crashes of yours. Speaking of which, there were too many yellow flags but, after watching the stream, there were fewer than expected. Again, you can edit the rFm to lower the safety car threshold and only have yellow flags in "big ones".

4th place for me that tastes like milk from an Indy500, after a 15th and a 12th.

Don't blame yourself, and more importantly, do not blame the game. Having a full course yellow system implemented today is a blessing, some sims don't have one in ****ing 2017 AD.

Last edited:
Think we've all learned another lesson from yesterday about rF2's oval rules. I've already got a few pointers from some people on how to sort things out, so we might be able to run the Indy oval more smoothly than Homestead and Lausitzring.

Crazy race but a very eventful one. The rules only confused me once and i picked up a stop n go for passing a car before the line when it was called green. When under caution i did get a bit confused but with guidance from race director i got sorted. I had good pace here but was careful on the restarts hence i got caught napping and car finally broke away right at the end due to tires. Was good to see my team mate John Nelson at the top for a while and Jayme Brooks did well too despite struggling. Can i say stick with the ingame rules they do work just need a better understanding of them. Maybe a post to say what to do under yellows lucky dog etc etc.

∆∆∆ There is a very good write up from the developer on the stock car yellow rules that goes over everything in detail that I found very helpful.

It was a very disappointing race for me personally. I had a very quick race pace, but everything was glitchy. Several cars were flashing and it seemed quite dangerous being cloeecto anyone. I was hit from behind and managed to escape the track, but Lorenzo helped me to get back on track after driving around the outside for most a lap. After crashing another time that was my fault and then having another incident I didn't want to risk anyone else's race and it certainly was past the point of being fun, so I withdrew.

Did anyone else see me flashing? I had this issue on the first oval as well. This makes me assume that the issue is on my end. Race two at road america was fine though. My fps were okay, and ping was fine, but cars would sometimes flash and I had about a quarter or half second delay with the wheel on the screen and I believe it was not just visual but also had input lag. Any thoughts, help, or input would be greatly appreciated. Everything was fine on the server before, but I think with more people on it has an issue. Perhaps it is my distance or my lower end CPU that cause the issue. Or has anyone else had similar issues? I want to finish the season, but I don't want to mess up anyone else's race or practice a lot just to not be able to race.

JHaAC72.jpg
Track Description
For the fourth round of the season, we will be ending our European Tour in the RDGPC, with a visit to the classical Silverstone circuit. Not since the Champ Car series visited Brands Hatch a proper American Open-Wheeler car have been racing in the UK. A fairly fast circuit with some nice overtaking spots, and wide runoff areas, should lead to an exciting race and a nice end to the European Tour!

800px-Circuit_Silverstone_2011.svg.png

Session Schedule
  • Practice: 17:45 GMT (1 hour)
  • Qualify 18:45 GMT (10 minutes or 4 laps, counting in and out lap)
  • Warm-up: 18:55 GMT (5 minutes, dedicated for resting and last minute info)
  • Race: 19:00 GMT (62 Laps)

Server Details
Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GPC R4
Password: Password In Private Conversation
Track: Silverstone 2012 (Studio 397)
Cars: Dallara DW12 IndyCar 2014 (Studio 397)

Live Timing - Click here
Weather - Dry conditions

Stewards Notes
  • Please review the latest additions to the regulations before joining.
  • Please make sure your line-up is up to date. Communicate any changes in the Sign-Up thread. The current state of your line-up can be found there too.

Pit Entry
(Image will be added later on)

Pit Exit
(Image will be added later on)

Last edited by a moderator:
Further Notes
  • Standings have been updated accordingly.
  • Server will be set up once the skinpack is finalized (Estimated Monday Evening GMT)
  • Please check the Stewards Notice Area for updates regarding the championship, penalties, rule changes etc.
  • Feedback, questions etc. you don't feel like asking in the forum for some reason, PM either @Ole Marius Myrvold or @Joseph Wright

Last edited by a moderator:
guys, I've just seen the standings of the Lausitzring round. I was surely on P4, but when you gave red flag I slowed down, giving out all the places (because the race was finished, right?), and that's why in the live timing I showed P8, but I was clearly on P4.

please, check the replay instead of the actual result in the live timing to score the points.

guys, I've just seen the standings of the Lausitzring round. I was surely on P4, but when you gave red flag I slowed down, giving out all the places (because the race was finished, right?), and that's why in the live timing I showed P8, but I was clearly on P4.

please, check the replay instead of the actual result in the live timing to score the points.
I will be sure to go back and check those the moment I get in tonight! I was told by Lorenzo that they were the actual results. I will check that the moment I get in and will redo the standings. Thank you very much for pointing this out! If you are able to upload the replay file here it would help out, as I was not in the server at the conclusion of the event :)

I will be sure to go back and check those the moment I get in tonight! I was told by Lorenzo that they were the actual results. I will check that the moment I get in and will redo the standings. Thank you very much for pointing this out! If you are able to upload the replay file here it would help out, as I was not in the server at the conclusion of the event :)

sure thing! here's my replay (even though I haven't tested it yet):

https://mega.nz/#!AQMhAYaB!uBYupxl7Sr_PjAXDIxIJ-ieEGgSOFZePBArx2LG2vG8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 496 68.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 305 42.1%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 329 45.4%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 160 22.1%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 195 26.9%
Back