RD GP Championship 2017 I

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been waiting a long time for this moment, but my brother has finally come to the dark side! Welcome to RD MSport @MattWright
20170613144339_1.jpg

Rule Clarification/change/fix:

1. Race start procedure. At the beginning of each race a safety car shall move from the rear to the front of the grid, and lead the cars for a single formation lap, before a double-file rolling start. The safety car will be predominantly responsible for controlling the pace (this shall be approximately pit-lane speed). At the end of the formation lap the safety car shall move aside, and the lead car will be instructed to control the pace. No overtaking is permitted before the start / finish line. Race control will call GREEN FLAG! at this point all overtaking is permitted
    *This is simplified from the multiple messages earlier stated - also, the previous rule change is not noted anywhere for potential new participants in the league*
  2. Racing red zone infringements. Any red zone infrigements caught by stewards during race start will be reviewed and if a penalty is appliable, it will be done so.
    First lap infringements and first lap after restart infringements will be looked hard upon. First lap and first lap after restarts all drivers are urged to be careful to avoid and minimize pile-up risks.
    *Red zones have never been used in any pre-race thread, making the rule pointless*
  3. Other Infringements Any other infringements (such as software cheating or illegal drivers) can be reported to the stewards up to 48 hours after a the race. Incident reports can be sent to @Ole Marius Myrvold
    *The existing rule had no link to any information regarding incidents reports*

In addition to this.
  • Double Points event will be Round 6 at Indianapolis. This is because the issues at Lauzitsring, and also, because we want to end the season on double points, when it is the might Indy 250!

Clarifications, changes, fixes. 15/6-2017 21:45 GMT+2

1. Race start procedure. At the beginning of each race a safety car shall move from the rear to the front of the grid, and lead the cars for a single formation lap, before a double-file rolling start. The safety car will be predominantly responsible for controlling the pace (this shall be approximately pit-lane speed). At the end of the formation lap the safety car shall move aside, and the lead car will be instructed to control the pace. No overtaking is permitted before the start / finish line. Race control will call GREEN FLAG! at this point all overtaking is permitted
    *This is simplified from the multiple messages earlier stated - also, the previous rule change is not noted anywhere for potential new participants in the league*
  2. Racing red zone infringements. Any red zone infrigements caught by stewards during race start will be reviewed and if a penalty is appliable, it will be done so.
    First lap infringements and first lap after restart infringements will be looked hard upon. First lap and first lap after restarts all drivers are urged to be careful to avoid and minimize pile-up risks.
    *Red zones have never been used in any pre-race thread, making the rule pointless*
  3. Other Infringements Any other infringements (such as software cheating or illegal drivers) can be reported to the stewards up to 48 hours after a the race. Incident reports can be sent to @Ole Marius Myrvold
    *The existing rule had no link to any information regarding incidents reports*

In addition to this.
  • Double Points event will be Round 6 at Indianapolis. This is because the issues at Lauzitsring, and also, because we want to end the season on double points, when it is the might Indy 250!

It's race day! :D

Whilst the Prototype's and GTE's continue to lap at Le Mans, we take our DW12's for a tour around good ol' Silverstone. Here's hoping the racing in the 2nd half of the season will be as competitive as it was during the first :cool:

free image hosting

On a little side note, keep your eyes on @MattWright to make some moves on the longer straights as he clearly got a bit of a top speed advantage :laugh::p:roflmao:

It's race day! :D

Whilst the Prototype's and GTE's continue to lap at Le Mans, we take our DW12's for a tour around good ol' Silverstone. Here's hoping the racing in the 2nd half of the season will be as competitive as it was during the first :cool:

free image hosting

On a little side note, keep your eyes on @MattWright to make some moves on the longer straights as he clearly got a bit of a top speed advantage :laugh::p:roflmao:

Oh my this looks so "good" with me in the pacecar... :p

Will be there, but sadly i dont have any livery. Is it ok if im taking a random one ?

What a waste of my time. Somewhere in the confusion behind the unexpected safety car I took a hit from behind, though the damage wasn't too bad so I continued. Adjusting to the change in handling dropped me back several places and then I got caught in a 50/50 into Becketts, crashed and couldn't be bothered continuing.

Continuing with that race was the wrong decision IMO, with several people taking damage and otherwise losing out in the confusion. I wouldn't mind so much but every race has had some kind of organisation problem, from the botched start at Barber, the hugely long caution at Road America and of course the mess at Lausitzring. I help run seasons on another site, I know that they involve a huge amount of work and that sometimes issues happen, but these are basic problems that shouldn't be happening and which don't happen nearly so often at other sites I've raced with.

I'm out of love with this season, which considering these are some of my favourite cars and tracks is really saying something. See you at Indy, probably.

What a waste of my time. Somewhere in the confusion behind the unexpected safety car I took a hit from behind, though the damage wasn't too bad so I continued. Adjusting to the change in handling dropped me back several places and then I got caught in a 50/50 into Becketts, crashed and couldn't be bothered continuing.

Continuing with that race was the wrong decision IMO, with several people taking damage and otherwise losing out in the confusion. I wouldn't mind so much but every race has had some kind of organisation problem, from the botched start at Barber, the hugely long caution at Road America and of course the mess at Lausitzring. I help run seasons on another site, I know that they involve a huge amount of work and that sometimes issues happen, but these are basic problems that shouldn't be happening and which don't happen nearly so often at other sites I've raced with.

I'm out of love with this season, which considering these are some of my favourite cars and tracks is really saying something. See you at Indy, probably.
The unexpected safety car was unexpected for everyone. It was unfortunate, but drivers learnt to dealt with it. We know that there have been issues this season, and it was a choice of stop the league abruptly or run it to the end. You can pull out of the league without any penalty if you choose to. We know this has not been a perfectly organised season which is why myself and @Ole Marius Myrvold have chosen to take on the league instead of stop it completely. I hope you appreciate that.

See you at Indy, probably.

I can just second Joseph's post. My mind raced the moment I realized the yellow flag-SC happened. It was a frustrating start on the effort from me and Joseph when it comes to trying to save the league, and we are still confident that the season can be ended on a major high at Indianapolis!

EDIT: With that being said though. I am really sorry for the start confusion.

That was one of the hardest races I've ever done. Don't think I've had a race this long in this heat and humidity. And then after I got up from my wheel I gashed my foot on my chair. Whoops!

I am going to have to go and have a long, long nap. Very happy to have won, didn't realise I had the pace for it, and wasn't sure my strategy would work. See you at Suzuka.
Well done Allie! That was an amazing run, and well done for winning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.1%
  • Monthly

Votes: 29 4.9%
  • Yearly

Votes: 36 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.4%