Status
Not open for further replies.
I just noticed that my skin hasn't been uploaded on the server, for some reason my start up template was uploaded instead of my final skin. I noticed also in the stream of the first race was a earlier version of my skin. Don't know what I did wrong. :(

Should I join the server with my final skin again or send the file to @Daiman Patel?

Cheers

I just noticed that my skin hasn't been uploaded on the server, for some reason my start up template was uploaded instead of my final skin. I noticed also in the stream of the first race was a earlier version of my skin. Don't know what I did wrong. :(

Should I join the server with my final skin again or send the file to @Daiman Patel?

Cheers
Did you change the name of the file from v1 to v2 or did you keep the same name. if you kept the same name, then the file would not have updated for everyone else.

Did you change the name of the file from v1 to v2 or did you keep the same name. if you kept the same name, then the file would not have updated for everyone else.
That I didn't do. I just overwrote the exiting alt.dds file every time I made changes. I guess that was my problem. :confused:

So now I just join with my new skin right?

@Daiman Patel is the server still setup to load custom liveries?
Yup, you are still able to load and use custom liveries! :thumbsup: We only created the skin pack for simplicity - to make it easier for those who will not be regularly changing their livery - and also to reduce the number of people loading custom skins because this seemed to cause a problem during Round 1.

Join the server with your updated skin file for now, and as Joseph has said ensure that the file name is unique (different to previous file names) else the wrong version of you livery may be loaded. I will only create an updated custom skin pack if asked to do so - if there is a sufficient number of changes - and in this case you can send the final version of your skin files to @Joseph Wright so that they can also be included. :)

Yup, you are still able to load and use custom liveries! :thumbsup: We only created the skin pack for simplicity - to make it easier for those who will not be regularly changing their livery - and also to reduce the number of people loading custom skins because this seemed to cause a problem during Round 1.

Join the server with your updated skin file for now, and as Joseph has said ensure that the file name is unique (different to previous file names) else the wrong version of you livery may be loaded. I will only create an updated custom skin pack if asked to do so - if there is a sufficient number of changes - and in this case you can send the final version of your skin files to @Joseph Wright so that they can also be included. :)
Thank you for the clarifcation Daiman, I did the steps you mentioned, for now I will just join with the updated skin and if there is a problem I will send the files to Joseph.

thanks again for the help

There are a couple of issues with the skins:

(#13) Paul Fenwick has the (#31) Simon Marshall skin
(#15) Anders Jensen has the (#2) Joseph Wright skin
(#31) Simon Marshalls skin is missing

If you are one of the drivers noted above, or if you are running a default skin, then you can still use the in-server "Skin sharing", but make sure you use YOUR car with your skin so that racing numbers and team names are correct for the commentators live timing and Im sure @Paul Glover and @pjlee1998 will be thankful for it.

So I am on reserve list position #2 now right?
Sorry again for missing last race, hate it when stuff like that comes up.

Wondered why I was sliding all over the place just now .. Then realised there has just been rain and the track is drying out. Maybe a good time to join the server and practice!

Joseph, my car skin is not there to select like it was before. The only skin with my name on it is Simon's as previously noted
Please read back through the post properly:

If you are one of the drivers noted above, or if you are running a default skin, then you can still use the in-server "Skin sharing"
These issues will be fixed for round 4. I appreciate you want your own skin, so please use the original skin sharing. The skin pack is simply to lower the load on the server and users PC's with less downloaded skins. Skin sharing is still enabled on the server.

Guys I’m sorry to say that I’m out from the league. Where I’m living now internet is slow as f*ck so ping is going to be horrendous. I prefer to advise it now as a finished mounting the rig and tested it today.

Have fun guys! See you soon, I hope!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 37 33.3%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 33 29.7%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Watch party