RD GT Championship 2010 II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the biggest opologizing to do, on the outlap, trying to get some heat into my tires going down the back straight, Nigel (Carls Dad) infront of me, I weaved back into place, went to hit the throttle and then brake to warm the brakes up, Nigel wasnt at the same constant speed as me and as I went to brake, locked up and tapped the rear, he went spinning into the wall, and as I tried to wait for him, his car was destroyed meaning that I also quit, thinking it would be totally unfair to keep going. I am really sorry for destroying your race before lap 1. I realise I will most probably get a penalty for it, but I want you to know I didnt mean any of it. Lack of consentration in the braking meant it happened.

thats why we have this rule for formation laps.

5.6 Start procedure & formation lap
A race can either take off with a standing start or a rolling start. In the case of a standing start the drivers line up on the grid where the game puts them (in the order of the Qualification results). As soon as the red lights go off and the green ones go on the race starts.
In the case of a rolling start the first lap is a formation lap. This can either be a game-controlled formation lap or a manual formation lap. In the case of a game-controlled formation lap the game gives the instructions and the drivers must simply follow them.
In the case of a manual formation lap it is more complicated. The drivers go to the grid as if for a standing start and wait for the red lights to go off and the green ones to go on. When the latter happens the leader starts the formation lap and drives it at a constant speed of 100-120 kph (60-75 mph). Excessive swaying (zig-zag) and brake tests are not allowed during the formation lap. At the last corner of the track the formation lap ends and the leader can speed up as he likes. Drivers may not overtake before they cross the finish line. After that the race is on.
To make sure everyone has a fair chance of the start every driver must make sure that is he close behind the car in front of him during the formation lap, though still leaving enough room to anticipate on unexpected manoeuvres.
Drivers that spin or go entirely off-track during the formation lap must wait for the field to pass and move to the back end of the line.

I'm finally back online. My router appeared to explode saturday night which then ruined this broadcast, GRC's broadcast and an iracing broadcast too. Virgin Media know my pain already :-\ I sat in all yesterday waiting for them to turn up and the buggers didnt bother. Grrr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 59 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.2%
  • Yearly

Votes: 39 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.2%