Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that was different,
expected to be a lot slower than i was having never really turned a wheel for a long time, maybe a 20 min blast here and there in testing.
Started off ok, quite happy to be near the rear, i had about half to a second extra pace or so i thought on that time..
Got through the first lap making up a couple of places and then got a little love tap going into a corner on lap 2.:(
Lost all my places stone last, i think i saw a car waiting for me not sure, (you don wait in a league or did i miss a post) that totally threw me and went off again thinking about if that was the car that hit me or something different, even thinking it was my fault for a few laps...If you did stop and that was you waiting, you are a gent.:)
Then it was a little lonely, lap after lap not making much progress on the cars ahead..i just could not get anywhere near my previous lap times. After many laps i could finally see the cars ahead.. 18 seconds made up, or 18 seconds of mistakes from the cars ahead.. i did not care i could finally see some cars.. As i finally got onto the rear of the cars bumper i went of and lost all my time i just gained... 32 seconds of the rear last place..Well not really cars had quit so every point counts..:sneaky:
Luckily i got to my pit stop before being lapped... :roflmao:
Pit stop..
Ha,,,,,,...I aced it.. (that means i never got a stop and go and did all i wanted)
The car still felt funny going left was ok but going right it wanted to spin..
As i got back up to speed i had cars lapping me so i was trying to keep out of the way, then i saw some of the lines being taken through the corners, seems the cutting rule are not as strict as i was led to believe. But the game controls it, so be it. my fault for not exploring how far off track i can go in certain bends.
As the race got into the final 20 mins i had one car in front over 20 seconds but i was catching.. i was gaining about i second a lap, not enough to catch him but enough to give me a run and a bit of fun..
With 4 laps to go i was about 4 seconds off his bumper, Jep i spun again..:roflmao:
With 1 lap to go i was was back on his bumper, his car was not going at full speed and i actually passed with ease on a straight to gain the position and hold it over the line...that was a victory all on its own..:D

So i need to spin less and practice more on the tracks...
looks like there will be some nice battles at the back of the pack when i keep it on track.

Roll on the next one.:thumbsup:

As the race got into the final 20 mins i had one car in front over 20 seconds but i was catching.. i was gaining about i second a lap, not enough to catch him but enough to give me a run and a bit of fun..
With 4 laps to go i was about 4 seconds off his bumper, Jep i spun again..:roflmao:
With 1 lap to go i was was back on his bumper, his car was not going at full speed and i actually passed with ease on a straight to gain the position and hold it over the line...that was a victory all on its own..:D

I was wondering what kept happening Rupe I noticed you twice quite close then you disappeared I had to coax my engine after about 40mins bad shifts on my part then in the last 10 it began to slow down.
I had a nice few lap chase with @Ross Garland but again VR headset for long periods becomes quite uncomfortable and hot especially in quite intense driving moments.
Congrats to the podium.

My first race ever in R3E and I'm a little surprised how well it went.
Started 9th, but fell back to 14th after some small mistakes in the first 30 minutes. From there I slowly started gaining positions again. Did a decent pitstop and came out 10th.
From there I caught Stjerneby and was stuck behind him until almost the end of the race. He was sliding his BMW in the corners allowing me to catch, but on the straights his car was slightly faster so I was never really close enough to attack. In the last 10 minutes or so he lost the car going on hangar straight allowing me to go past, but then I had Myhre behind to worry about.
He caught me with two laps to go and went for it in the final corner in the final lap. I had a wide line which allowed him to go to the inside, resulting in us going side by side over the finish with 0.1 between us.

Congrats to the podium and see you at the Nürburgring. The 650S should be pretty good there so I will be aiming for another top 10 finish :thumbsup:.

Good to see
@Patrick van der Meulen ..thanks for your reply, yes the car was my first choice so I was very lucky.

I think you could well be right ...I was redlining her, but only on the way up, never back down .. so assumed all would be well ...will soon start running her again in preparation for round 2, if this happens again for sure I will make a screen recording ...thanks
the data display will show you what's happening to your car.
2017-10-09 1326 0001.jpg

The bars at the left hand side fill up as your car sustains damage and the symbols will turn amber then finally red when you wreck the car.

2017-10-09 1327 0007.jpg

Full explanation of it all here.

Well, that was a thoroughly forgettable race for me. Really having trouble handling the Vette so I put in probably 8 or 9 hours of practice, to no avail unfortunately. Had a decent quali and once the race started I was close behind a few people at first but with the poor braking of the Vette I couldn't get close enough to try a pass. I quickly found myself in "no-man's land", unable to catch those in front but several seconds ahead of the pack behind so I raced myself for most of the first half of the race, trying to stay focused. Went to do my pitstop at about 47 min. in and got DQ'd for speeding.

I practiced my pit stop 3 times in the official practice to make sure where the pit limits were but obviously I did something wrong. When I practiced my pit stop I ran at about 110 kph past that first line and hit 80 kph in time for the line right where the lane turns into the actual pits and got no notification that there was a problem so I assumed my line choice was correct. Obviously it wasn't. Thoroughly pi$$ed off because I did make the effort to determine where the line was, only to get a DQ for my efforts. Glad there's 2 weeks until the next race because it's going to take me that long to get over this. :( Thanks for letting me vent, guys.

Well... that was interesting. I knew I wouldn't be anywhere near the top guys, but qualifying 25th or whatever was somewhat disappointing. I had some nice battles during the race though the Z4 is generally blown away on the straights, as Anders mentioned. Defending was a nightmare as all the hard work was undone the moment the next straight came along, and I couldn't get close enough to think about passing anybody. Messed up my pit stop too by forgetting to confirm it... sat there an age before I realised nothing was happening. Oh well, we'll see what happens next time.

@Mike Wyatt if you want you can try my setup for Vette, it's at least decent for a race stint and if you know where you struggle (braking, cornering) just give a shout out
@Ross Garland nurburgring should be a lot better, on z4 always bellow 6 wing and on Monza and spa minimum and maximize braking, you would be amazed how deep you can brake. Another z4 was doing 2:00s Wich is mega impressive

@Mike Wyatt if you want you can try my setup for Vette, it's at least decent for a race stint and if you know where you struggle (braking, cornering) just give a shout out

I would very much like to try your setup Mr. C. Since the other 2 Vette drivers finished 1st and 5th, I know it's the driver, not the car itself so any setup help would be greatly appreciated. As far as where I struggled, other than the obvious "everywhere" answer, my biggest problem seemed to be that as I approached a turn I would have to do all my braking in a straight line prior to beginning my turn or I would spin out. Normally I would hit the brakes hard and then ease up as I started a turn, maybe just tapping them lightly but in this car it seemed to go into an immediate slide.

Anyone how can say what I can expect with the SLS the upcoming races?
Silverstone is the first track with this car for me.
So don't know were the car is strong at all.

About the race!
Expecteded to be running 7-12 place so 4th was more then great for me :D
The pitstop was really god for me. No trouble at all. Came out 5 sec in front of Robert Severikangas (that I was 5 seconds behind before the stop)

Had some struggel to keep the concentration last 10-12 minutes

Has anyone else noticed that here, about 24 hours after race end, we STILL have 10 spectators to the stream?. :confused:

Either they were so stunned by the quality of driving that they haven't been able to move yet, or......
They fell asleep. :D :p

Has anyone else noticed that here, about 24 hours after race end, we STILL have 10 spectators to the stream?. :confused:

Either they were so stunned by the quality of driving that they haven't been able to move yet, or......
They fell asleep. :D :p
They're just making sure of a place for the next one, they have flasks and tents:roflmao:

@Mike Wyatt well that could be a few dif. things, what I can say first is that I did not do any trail braking myself with my Camaro, with Bentley, Z4, SLS, P4-5(btw where is that car)and a few others probably that have better chassy I do trail brake, so first thing is to try not to trail brake the next advice try to do one at a time. so from what are you describing it might be either the rear wheels are locking while turning(the transition shifts the weight from one of the rear wheels so it's easier to lock-up) or the transition from braking to coasting is too fast or the downshift is to aggressive, no the tips for the 3 specific things in order :
- if it's the first problem, try to not trail brake(on Nurburgring I think there are 2 corners only that might benefit from trail braking) or rais 0.5 or 1cm the front, that way you put a bit more pressure on the rear under braking, also this will help at exit of the corners, it will add a tad understeer at corner entry
- if the transition is too fast from braking-coasting/cornering or from left-right and so on, increase preload by 2 clicks
- if the downshift is too aggressive, try to downshift late in the last gear/corner gear, ex: on Silverstone in Sector 1 after the slow corners at the end of the straight(downhill left-hander) I go fast 6-5-4-----wait----and at the end as right as I need to turn harder go into 3ed, that will provide a tad more engine brake and will tuck the car towards the inside of the corner
the setup you will find it in my thread, it's for Spa if I remember correctly but it's a good decent setup, at least in my hands.
Disclaimer - what I might find a good setup, you might hate it so take it with a grain of salt

@SweAlex after the Bentley and P4-5 the SLS at beginning of the summer was one of my favourite cars, don't know if I have a setup in my thread but I did a league or did a setup for that car for my teammates and it's quite astonishing what it can do.
What I found out(again in my hands) is that the low-end grunt is amazing, all most matching Camaro or Godzilla but what little loss on low-end grunt to those 2 cars it recovers plenty in cornering speed, in theory, it's kinda a muscle car, so it should be with Camaro, Mustang, GTR but it has better cornering that those 3 and the top speed is not shabby at all.
So focus the setup on corner coasting and corner exit, especially from 2nd-3ed gear corners, if you put the power down good your mega safe on the next straight.
What it struggles on is braking and as in 2017 real-life F1, the SLS it's kinda a diva, myself did not yet find a good all-around base setup, what worked for a track will be useless on the next, again, in my hands, so for me it required a lot of effort, but once you hit the sweet spot you are golden.

@Kenny Paton ..thanks for the info Kenny, much appreciated ...my first ever mechanical failure in my first ever Championship ...:sick::cry::devilish:

@Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan ...that was an awesome result, considering the car you was in :thumbsup:
Thanks, don't want to toot my own horn but Camaro should have been mega crap on Silverstone and even worse on Nurburgring:)) but I got a bit of outside help from some well-established Predators and even with just Sunday practice I could do a decent result.
Honestly I am very proud of myself, being 8-9second behind Adrian, who I know very well as he used to drive for my team in RWD cars it's mega for me, looks like taking a brake is good for me:))
race report to follow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 423 69.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 265 43.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 285 46.6%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 126 20.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 168 27.5%
Back