Not open for further replies.
Race Details:
  • Date - Sunday October 22, 2017
  • Circuit - Nurburgring GP
  • Server Name - RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTC
  • Server Password - See conversation message
  • Live Broadcast - Twitch
Race Schedule
  • 18:00 GMT (19:00 BST / 20:00 CEST) - Free Practice (30 minutes)
  • 18:30 GMT (19:30 BST / 20:30 CEST) - Qualification (30 minutes)
  • 19:00 GMT (20:00 BST / 21:00 CEST) - Race (90 minutes)
Server Settings
  • Difficulty: GetReal
  • Fuel Usage: Normal
  • Tire Wear: On
  • Visual Damage: Realistic
  • Mechanical Damage: On
  • Flag Rules: Complete
  • Cut Rules: On, Drive Through Penalty.*
  • Mandatory Pitstop: On
Entry List
Number, Name, Car
#1 Bram Hengeveld (BMW Alpina B6 GT3)
#03 Anders Myhre (BMW Z4 GT3)
#04 Ross Garland (BMW Z4 GT3)
#5 Davy Vandevenne (RUF RT12R GTR3)
#6 Steve Le Gallez (Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3)
#07 Robert Severikangas (Bentley Continental GT3)
#8 Quentis Gillispie (Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3)
#9 Paul Fenwick (McLaren MP4-12C GT3)
#11A Brian van Beusekom (McLaren 650S GT3)
#12 Giannis Christodoulou (Audi R8 LMS Ultra)
#14 Alex Crossen (Audi R8 LMS Ultra)
#18 Paul Hurlow (McLaren MP4-12C GT3)
#27 Laurent Sestacq (Chevrolet Camaro GT3)
#33 Joel Kuismin (Nissan GT-R GT3)
#38 Mathias Nielsen (Chevrolet Corvette Z06.R GT3)
#44 Rupe Wilson (Audi R8 LMS Ultra)
#46 Adrian Campfield (Chevrolet Corvette Z06.R GT3)
#48 Stephen Gibb (RUF RT12R GTR3)
#60A Craig Dunkley (BMW M6 GT3)
#63 Alexander Andersson (Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3)
#79 Colin Herkes (McLaren 650S GT3)
#81 Mike McGeer (Nissan GT-R GT3)
#84 Roy Magnes (Bentley Continental GT3)
#88 Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan (Chevrolet Camaro GT3)
#96 Ronnie Böhme (BMW M6 GT3)
#98 Mike Wyatt (Chevrolet Corvette Z06.R GT3)
#174 Magnus Stjerneby (BMW Alpina B6 GT3)
#200 Cyrille Saussey (Bentley Continental GT3)

Commentator
Joseph Wright
Peter Lee

Removed from the series

#30 Isaac Chavira (RUF RT12R GTR3)
#171 Nate Idiens (Nissan GT-R GT3)

Attachments

• Flyer Round 2 Nurburgring RDGTC.jpg
    Flyer Round 2 Nurburgring RDGTC.jpg
    619.5 KB · Views: 1,011
Mr.C Race Report - Round 1 RDGTC - Silverstone

Good to be back
After a very long time I came back to simracing, 6months(that's long for me) and it was my first break from simracing since 2009, I have been around in one way or another but never been gone so long.
Fond memories of my first ever RDGTC - also a nasty piece of a car back then, looks like it's a trend for me
FootActionC5R3F.jpg
FootActionC5R3R.jpg
FootActionC5R3T.jpg

Practice/Preparation
With the baby coming and all the things that come with it I had very limited time to do some laps, Monday I have moved into the new place and only Thursday I got to kinda finish my Gaming Box(it's not a room as it's 2m x 2m) only mounted pc/monitor plus some sim stuff , did 5-6 laps in the Camaro and then jumped on the F3 club event so I can get a good feeling for racing again, ffb and all the other stuff.
Friday the baby came so that day and Saturday flew by, arrived home around 6CET and start doing some laps in the Camaro, luckily I asked a good friend for a setup and I merged his setup with some of my own feelings and got a wild thing but decent times with full load.
Before the race did 2-3 pitstop practice and I knew I had to be very conservative with the pitstop and the amount of fuel that I added, didn't do so much math....

Official Practice Session
This was a bit odd, as I struggled to match my previous times and was 0.7 from my optimal lap time which is a big margin, and I set myself for a top10 in Q session, as I knew everyone will pick up at least 1sec on their time

Qualification
Qualy sector times.jpg
Qualy sector times.jpg

I nailed my lap pretty early one and I knew I had a 00 in me but failed to make it, was happy with 3ed but then in the last minute I was bumped to 4th, well still the second row, was happy with that, goal achieved for top10.

Race
race best sector.jpg

I knew I was going to have a decent start but @Mathias Nielsen was a rocket ship off the line, I was like WTF!!! and going into T1 I was boxed in behind the Bentley, made a clean move in the slow left on the Bentley and of on Mathias, luckily he did a mistake in the fast S-es and I hammered him on the straight, tried an outside move with a little bit of squeezing and both of us overshot the breaking point, but I managed to cut back faster and a good exit in the final chicane saw me in 2nd place.
With full tank, I was gaining well on @Adrian Campfield but never went under the magical 1sec or just a few times at the wrong place, I needed to be 0.7 on the back straight as I could get close and divebomb him in the fast right or chicane but he was on cruise control and I was at 110%.
I failed to realise that I can't match Adrian, but my ego really wanted to catch him, and by 20min mark I had at least 2 yellow tires and pace was dropping to 02's even 3's, out of nowhere Mathias was from 8-9sec behind just 5sec and a bit, craped myself and stopped driving like a maniac started more clean lines, less sliding and was maintaining the gap to Mathias, at that point I gave up on Adrian,
My only hope was that Adrian being new to the game might screw up the pitstop somehow, but it wasn't so, entering the pits he had some 11sec, we pitted in the same time and I was just 5sec behind, recovered well but I knew with a lighter car he had some 0.4 - 0.6sec on me, again tried to push as I saw he was closing in on some backmarkers but I did more mistakes than him losing time with the backmarkers, gap went back to 10sec or so and even with a spin from him I still finished 5+sec behind.
podium.jpg

Final thoughts:

- I know I was lucky and I capitalize on people not being fully prepared for Round 1, but looking at the race pace laps, except Adrian who was 0.4 ahead a lot of us where into 2.02's and that is a very big warning sign for me at Nurburgring where I believe I will struggle more.
race general.jpg

- man the Camaro is a handful, my left shoulder and right wrist still hurt A LOT!!!!
- very pleased with my 2nd place behind Adrian, doubt I will manage that at Nurburgring, even tho I love the track
- big thanks to @Bram Hengeveld for letting me join late
- many big thanks to everybody involved in the league, from administration to racers
- and it might be cheesy or not but since I love simracing so much, I would like to dedicate this podium to my newborn boy, it's one of my few (3ed or 4th) podium in league events in all my simracing career and it will mean a lot to attach such a memory to it. Godbless you Efrem!
- Adrian slow down!!!!

P.S. > hotlop video will come soon, as soon as I learn Adobe Premier or quit and go back to SonyVegas

Cheers

Attachments

• Qualy general time.jpg
    Qualy general time.jpg
    481.3 KB · Views: 208
  • race general.jpg
    race general.jpg
    454.6 KB · Views: 163
Did someone have the ingame replay of the race? If someone can upload it I would be happy :).

By the way, a bit late but I didn't had the time to come here earlier. I had some contact in the first 15 minutes. There were stupids error from me, I didn't have your names (the replay would be great for this) but all my apologies if you remember me :notworthy:. From the stream it look like I haven't ruined a race I would say and I didn't get PM so :rolleyes:... :laugh:

I need all the practice I can get, but it was R3E club night tonight. I'll definitely be about during the week though as I want to do better than 19th this time around! :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 36 8.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 6.8%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.3%