RD Le Mans Series Season 4 (rFactor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It needs to be a max of 4-5 events as teams do loose interest not matter what is said before the season starts. Seasons that go on for a long time usually see large drop outs over the season. The short season also makes little margin for error with points needing to be scored in every round to challenge for the titles and I find it makes teams and drivers practice more and take it very seriously.

Suitable tracks need to be found, its hard but normally good to draw on previous years experience of tracks such as Fuji not working well, Daytona is also a bad one.

The level of competition is important, that is why I am a believer of the 3 class setup with the highest quality/experienced teams getting the priority for prototype cars and a large GT field. 2 Classes creates clusters of traffic and 4 classes sometimes leaves a risk of only having a handful of cars in one class for some races.

Although I wont be competing in whatever is created, I will be following with interest and watching the broadcasts :)

Agreed, the 3 class format seems to work. I would like to see the LMP1 class return though, from people I have spoken to there seems to be quite a large demand for this. The balance would definitely be n the duration of both the season and races, George has it spot on that teams can get bored. But equally you don't want the season too short, teams are equally as likely to not put the effort in for short seasons as they are for long seasons

Drop outs on races from 6-12 hours are similar to real life retirements with crashes and technical issues, I know it sucks to get a disconection but sitting around at 4 am for a server to be reset and constantly having to ask team mates what position you are in, dealing with temp cars and vehicle tabs on all the race is not racing in my opinion...

Remember Road America in S3, after 6 hours racing, the P1 class was separated by 0.2s now that is Endurance racing at its best.

We did a 6 hour race at SRO on the Nurburgring GP circuit and people said it would not work and it would be a crashfest, we had 31 finishers from 38 entries.... When people follow the instructions and take car it is possible to have races like that...

George, I could argue with what you wrote about 24h races, but I'm not going to. My above point is still valid regardless. Most would rather race among Ferraris and Porsches in 1000km of Nurburgring and 6h of Spa, rather than among Zero GTs and Factory Fives at Notsomagificent Park or Navarra.

George, I could argue with what you wrote about 24h races, but I'm not going to. My above point is still valid regardless. Most would rather race among Ferraris and Porsches in 1000km of Nurburgring and 6h of Spa, rather than among Zero GTs and Factory Fives at Notsomagificent Park or Navarra.

I would like to hear the arguments for it, I have not heard of anyone with 40+ cars in a server running in practice mode for 24 hours without a server crash. There were no server crashes in the RDLMS with 44 cars in 5 races, there were no server crashes at SRO running up to 48 cars I believe for 4 races.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 47 33.3%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 43 30.5%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 23 16.3%
  • Watch party

Votes: 10 7.1%