RD MINI Challenge 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
good-luck-and-enjoy-the-race.jpg
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Happy that's over, hate the track and feels like a miracle to get 3rd.

Was going **** slow the whole race with no rotation and **** tyre wear even with being ridiculously cautious.

Not really happy with one overtake where I was tapped wide into the marbles, shouldn't have been overtaken like that. There was one backmarker involved but he did nothing wrong, I personally think it's stupid to go for a move like that but as he didn't give the place back I'm not sure he agrees.

The points is the only positive thing to bring with me from this one.

Last edited:
Good race everyone!

I didn't practice this track as much as I needed to, and I was dreading the race. It didn't turn out as bad as I thought it was going to. Practice was good. Put down an OK qualifying lap, but couldn't improve even though I know I could have gone 0.5s faster.

The beginning of the race was madness! But fun madness! Got some space in front of me and then I kept pushing instead of settling into a nice race pace. That cost me because it meant I would eventually screw up Turn 1. Did that a couple of times and chewed up my tires trying to get back into things and ended up towards the bottom of the list.

Congrats to the podium and everyone else who didn't spin out on T1. They deserve trophies also!

I had a blast, nice racing everyone, and very pleased that my livery got shown off so much on the livestream! Speaking of, good work to the livestream crew, I'm midway through it and the directing and commentary is probably the best I've seen and heard from them so far.

Thx to all for this great race & congrats to Erhan Jajovski for the fantastic win. Very nice battles i saw in the stream between @Franklin Stegink and Hampus Soderberg at the end of the race. :geek:

I had a very nice and hard but fair race. I hope to give allways enough space in the battles of position. Have learned again something to race the little Mini.:)

Thx to the stream team for the nice words and great job. One of the nicest broadcast i saw. The last thx goes to the RD orga team. Thx that you guys give us (Didi & me) a place in this grid.:thumbsup:

Definitely not as good of a result as I was hoping for. Was extremely happy with qualifying in 4th and then been able to maintain top 5. Unfortunately I had a back marker decide to go all defensive on me, and almost took me out which cost me two places. Kept battling for 5th up until my pitstop which is where everything turned to absolute crap.

For some reason I share a pit box and another car was in it when I went to make my stop, costing me a whole heap of time. @Thomas Hinss you called it perfect in the commentary mate, I was absolutely raging! Lol

Dropped way down after that but at least I had some good battles to the end @Frank awesome battle mate, you don't give in :)

Thanks as always to the team behind the scenes!!! Keep up the good work.

By the way is there anything at all that can be done about the pit box double up? Someone mentioned lightly push them??? Lol I may even need to figure out who I share with and perhaps we'll just have to communicate over TS really don't want it to happen again.

By the way is there anything at all that can be done about the pit box double up? Someone mentioned lightly push them??? Lol I may even need to figure out who I share with and perhaps we'll just have to communicate over TS really don't want it to happen again.
Because this has also happened to me in another league race, I decided to have a look in to this. I'll be fairly detailed because it gives the organisers a chance to change the veh files if they want to - if I'm correct. From my now-somewhat educated knowledge of how the pit boxes work, it's probably not completely possible to eliminate it from the way the series is set up, but maybe Franklin and co can modify it so that it is more predictable, and only two cars should be assigned random pit boxes.

If the vehicle pack isn't set up as a mod then I think it uses the standard Mini series file, which includes 28 pit box allocations, a total of 17 garages' pit boxes, with some teams only having one space. Your pit box group, set up in the veh file that each driver has, is 16. You used team 16's pit box in the race, so it looks like yours is working as it should, and at the moment you share it with a driver who is no longer in the championship, Nuno Aparicio. The driver who was in pit box 16 when you entered the pits was Paul LeMessurier, who was supposed to be in pit box 10, but according to the series file only 1 car is allowed to be allocated to box 10, and so the game decided that because you were the only one of two cars allocated to box 16, that would be a good choice. Obviously it wasn't, and it also wasn't for him, because he was waiting before you pulled in (possibly because Ricardo Martins stopped short of his pit box 17? I don't know whether he was re-allocated a box or how the game handles stopping short of a box, but close enough to trigger it - also Jose Lima (same pitbox - 17) pitted immediately after him and used 17) and I don't know the game's logic where (and when) it has to make this decision, but that's the reason this all happens.

If @Franklin Stegink and the rest of the crew want to make the changes to the veh files for the next race then they can work out what's best from the table below, where the first number is the number of cars per pitbox* assigned, and the Group is which driver is assigned to which pit box.

Code:
  PitGroup = 2, Group1
  PitGroup = 2, Group2
  PitGroup = 1, Group3
  PitGroup = 2, Group4
  PitGroup = 2, Group5
  PitGroup = 2, Group6
  PitGroup = 1, Group7
  PitGroup = 2, Group8
  PitGroup = 1, Group9
  PitGroup = 1, Group10
  PitGroup = 2, Group11
  PitGroup = 1, Group12
  PitGroup = 2, Group13
  PitGroup = 2, Group14
  PitGroup = 2, Group15
  PitGroup = 2, Group16
  PitGroup = 2, Group17

Hope that's helpful, and it was worth me working out. I did watch a fair amount of pit lane action, and with a couple exceptions, which I would put down to the game trying to re-allocate over-subscribed pit boxes, this logic held firm. At the moment there are potentially 11 drivers (ignoring the camera car) incorrectly assigned pit groups either due to using 2 pit lane allocations where only 1 is allowed, or using groups that aren't in the list, so PitGroup18-21.

*edited, it did say pitboxes, which is incorrect.

Last edited:
Because this has also happened to me in another league race, I decided to have a look in to this. I'll be fairly detailed because it gives the organisers a chance to change the veh files if they want to - if I'm correct. From my now-somewhat educated knowledge of how the pit boxes work, it's probably not completely possible to eliminate it from the way the series is set up, but maybe Franklin and co can modify it so that it is more predictable, and only two cars should be assigned random pit boxes.

If the vehicle pack isn't set up as a mod then I think it uses the standard Mini series file, which includes 28 pit box allocations, a total of 17 garages' pit boxes, with some teams only having one space. Your pit box group, set up in the veh file that each driver has, is 16. You used team 16's pit box in the race, so it looks like yours is working as it should, and at the moment you share it with a driver who is no longer in the championship, Nuno Aparicio. The driver who was in pit box 16 when you entered the pits was Paul LeMessurier, who was supposed to be in pit box 10, but according to the series file only 1 car is allowed to be allocated to box 10, and so the game decided that because you were the only one of two cars allocated to box 16, that would be a good choice. Obviously it wasn't, and it also wasn't for him, because he was waiting before you pulled in (possibly because Ricardo Martins stopped short of his pit box 17? I don't know whether he was re-allocated a box or how the game handles stopping short of a box, but close enough to trigger it - also Jose Lima (same pitbox - 17) pitted immediately after him and used 17) and I don't know the game's logic where (and when) it has to make this decision, but that's the reason this all happens.

If @Franklin Stegink and the rest of the crew want to make the changes to the veh files for the next race then they can work out what's best from the table below, where the first number is the number of pitboxes assigned, and the Group is which driver is assigned to which pit box.

Code:
  PitGroup = 2, Group1
  PitGroup = 2, Group2
  PitGroup = 1, Group3
  PitGroup = 2, Group4
  PitGroup = 2, Group5
  PitGroup = 2, Group6
  PitGroup = 1, Group7
  PitGroup = 2, Group8
  PitGroup = 1, Group9
  PitGroup = 1, Group10
  PitGroup = 2, Group11
  PitGroup = 1, Group12
  PitGroup = 2, Group13
  PitGroup = 2, Group14
  PitGroup = 2, Group15
  PitGroup = 2, Group16
  PitGroup = 2, Group17

Hope that's helpful, and it was worth me working out. I did watch a fair amount of pit lane action, and with a couple exceptions, which I would put down to the game trying to re-allocate over-subscribed pit boxes, this logic held firm. At the moment there are potentially 11 drivers (ignoring the camera car) incorrectly assigned pit groups either due to using 2 pit lane allocations where only 1 is allowed, or using groups that aren't in the list, so PitGroup18-21.

Wow man that's awesome, well done figuring it all out. I'd even be happy to share with someone, just need to know who so it can be a bit a more orchestrated when we make our stops.

Well hopefully what I've written actually is true, and if so and they want to do it the organisers should be able to put teams into their correct team boxes, and those who don't have teams or are odd numbers can either be put into the groups with 1 space, or like you say at least know who their pitstop partner is. I haven't tested this at all, I should add. As far as I can tell from looking around what should happen, and would be logical, is that the AIW details for the track should be used, but seeing as that goes up to 22 teams with a pit for each team, and the game seeming to ignore it for the cars I checked which are different in the series file, eg Alessandro Di Domenicantonio using pitbox 13 when his own garage, 21, has no other drivers and was free, leads me to think I might possibly be right.

Or they might simply be able to edit a server file to have the correct pitgroup settings, which would be nice and simple. I'm pretty sure they load a series file on the server, so yeah they should just be able to change the settings I listed above to be correct and then everyone will at least know who their pit buddy is.

Last edited:

If @Franklin Stegink and the rest of the crew want to make the changes to the veh files for the next race then they can work out what's best from the table below, where the first number is the number of cars per pitbox* assigned, and the Group is which driver is assigned to which pit box.

Code:
  PitGroup = 2, Group1
  PitGroup = 2, Group2
  PitGroup = 1, Group3
  PitGroup = 2, Group4
  PitGroup = 2, Group5
  PitGroup = 2, Group6
  PitGroup = 1, Group7
  PitGroup = 2, Group8
  PitGroup = 1, Group9
  PitGroup = 1, Group10
  PitGroup = 2, Group11
  PitGroup = 1, Group12
  PitGroup = 2, Group13
  PitGroup = 2, Group14
  PitGroup = 2, Group15
  PitGroup = 2, Group16
  PitGroup = 2, Group17

*edited, it did say pitboxes, which is incorrect.

Indeed @Morello i knew the problems with the pitgroups.
Our idea was not to change the orginal srs file from the mini.

Second problem is that we use our skins for mini friday and for the league.
Maybe we must made two package of the mini and made a custom srs file.

Thanks for figure it out.

This are the pitgroups at his moment for the teams:

Angry Beaver Racing: PitGroup="Group1"
Banzaaaiii TCC: PitGroup="Group1"

Bose Stegink Racing: PitGroup="Group2"
BRT: PitGroup="Group2"

Caterpillar: PitGroup="Group3"
Chupa Chups RT: PitGroup="Group3"

DAU Racing: PitGroup="Group4"
FAT Racing: PitGroup="Group4"

Gentlemenraceclub: PitGroup="Group5"
Gentlemenraceclub: PitGroup="Group5"