RD MINI Challenge 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
About my race.

In the beginning i had big problems with turn one.
The car everytime brakes out on the back.
After more than 1 hour of practise it goes better and better.

At the qualify the aliens @Discovery.Tv and @race_fanatic_ where to fast for me and doing both a great job with place one and two.

Also @Shawn Jacobs and @Craig Patteson where very fast, but i could take place three at the qualify.

Last week i was thinking of my race strategy at the first round of this championship.
That was not good enough and must be better in this one.

I look at the practise of @Discovery.Tv and saw that he takes a lot of corners in the third gear and his tires less spinning than mine.

I took over his driving style and indeed in the race my tires stay for a long time oke.

My strategy was to drive as long as possible in the first stint.
I could drive one lap more than the two leaders in the race.
At my pitstop i change three tires ans leave my rear left tire.

@Discovery.Tv and @race_fanatic_ both only change the front tires.

After my stop i was pushing every lap very hard to close the gap between me and the both drivers in front.

Also some backmarkers in the race driving to long on their line and taking to long before the fast drivers can pass them.
Please next time make a little bit room.

That was the reason that i closing the gap with @race_fanatic_
In the last lap with three corners before the finish i was be able to pass @race_fanatic_ and was very happy with my second place.

I have look at the broadcast and want to say that everybody was driving very well.
Thanks for that.

Also the two new drivers @Michael Morgenthal and @Didi Draxler are great drivers to have in this championship.

At last its a shame that @Folluto and @Adrian Brezeanu not drive.
Everybody takes a lot of time for every driver to make skins, set up championship etc,etc.

Please respect them.

Great race, nice fights in the first laps and a wrong pit strategy didn't help but had one hell of a fight with @Genci Estebanez (great defensive driving)!
Yes. That last laps were indeed an intense and fun ones @Ariciuc Razvan. I knew you had better tires and I wanted to keep that hard earned 17th position after being the last, thanks to a mistake in the beginning laps so I tried to defense it in any turn. One more lap and you had passed me.
I was surprised about how everyone was pushing and contacting in every turn to gain the position at the start of the race. I'm not used to that (on fridays' race I think people are more respectful)hence my mistake. I think I learned the lesson for next races.

The faster drivers should remember that sometimes the backmarkers have their own race with someone in front, or in the back. They have to let you the space to overtake but not when you want to. Sometimes you have to wait a little to overtake. A blue flag isn't a 'slow down, right now' mandatory.

The faster drivers should remember that sometimes the backmarkers have their own race with someone in front, or in the back. They have to let you the space to overtake but not when you want to. Sometimes you have to wait a little to overtake. A blue flag isn't a 'slow down, right now' mandatory.
I respect that, but to be stuck behind for a lap is unacceptable.

Official FIA rules say that "at the earliest opportunity". Lapped traffic should not defend or have to be battled to get passed, and unfortunately this wasn't clear for some. It's not about waiting a few turns to have a safe spot to let go, that's completely fine and appreciated. But with all due respect, a battle for podium takes priority to anything a lap down in every single racing regulation.

Once again thank the staff of RD, the commentators of Broadcast for their work, and mates track :geek:.
For me it has been a constant battle with @PicoBp, @michael Morghental and @fran, I tried to keep the tires and almost leaves me well, but at the stop I struggled to get used to the more worn rear tires, but in the end it has been a good hand to hand with @PicoBp, great Race @PicoBp.
You didn't let me rest for a second, but luckily @Craig Patteson joined our game in the end and gave me some fresh air. :D Nice skills there and great battle. ;)

I agree with this, no need to start lifting if the backmarker has a nice gap, it's not like any dirty air is a problem in the Mini anyway. I prefer it if the back markers tries to just run as fast as possible and when I've then gotten close they let me by in a nice place. Had for example one in the last race who backed off in the chicane before the straight which is just worst case for all involved.

I agree, people should still take the racing lines and be predictable when being lapped. Just wait for the safe place to let them pass.

I've been in alot of crashes following pits stops where overlapped drivers just cut the gas in the middle of corners or just after, this is going to result in a crash if more people are behind

Won't lie, was definitely disappointed when the first lap car we came across went all defense on me to the extent of full blocking me. I can only assume he didn't see the blue flags unfortunately, but yeah bit of a shame. if it does occur again I'll put a report in but for now I'll give benefit of the doubt.

Flyers R3.jpg

Race Details:
Race Schedule:
  • 18:00 GMT - Free Practice (30 minutes)
  • 18:30 GMT - Qualification (20 minutes)
  • 18:50 GMT - Warm up (10 minutes)
  • 19:00 GMT - Race (Formation lap + Standing start, 80 minutes)
Server Settings:
  • Automatic Clutch: Yes
  • Automatic Gears: Yes
  • Traction Control: No
  • Anti-Lock Braking: Yes
  • Stability Control: No
  • Spin Recovery: No
  • Steering Assist: No
  • Braking Assist: No
  • Auto Pitstop: No
  • Flag Rules: Full
  • Fuel Usage: 2x
  • Tire Usage: 2x
  • Mech Failures: Normal
  • Damage Multiplier: 5%
Entry List:
  1. @quicksilver384 (John Souter)
  2. @Genci Estebanez
  3. @Franklin Stegink
  4. @Theo van den Brink
  5. @praxtonio (Sergio Mengual)
  6. @Discovery.Tv (Erhan Jajovski)
  7. @Alessandro Di Domenicantonio
  8. @Bram (Bram Hengeveld)
  9. @race_fanatic_ (Hampus Soderberg)
  10. @PicoBp (Tamas Pazsy)
  11. @alexSchmurtz (Alex Schmurtz)
  12. @Fred Locklear
  13. @Jose Vasconcelos
  14. @Bjorn de Haas
  15. @Morello (Will New)
  16. @Shawn Jacobs
  17. @Ariciuc Razvan
  18. @Szymon Olizarowicz
  19. @Craig Patteson
  20. @Frank (Frank van Oeveren)
  21. @ricky1732 (Ricardo Martins)
  22. @jlima12 (José Lima)
  23. @Ian Le Messurier
  24. @Paul Le Messurier
  25. @Bruno Costa
  26. @Ingemar Petersson
  27. @Michael Morgenthal
  28. @Didi Draxler

So we should be starting practicing Ribeirao Preto seriously if it was not the case already: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/rdmc-s9-round-3-ribeirao-preto.122047/

But there is also the Mini friday tonight, on the last track of the championship: Bathurts! That should be a good practice too… and there are spots left! http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/mini-friday-bathurst-friday-may-20th-2016.121827

It could Mini every where, almost every day if we want… :roflmao: I also hope we will get more volunteers, it looks like we have 2 more spots free for the championship!
See you on track guys! And happy Billabong to all! Just be careful in the first corner as usual... :cool:

Yep, MINI is great around this track, you can get a nice flow! :inlove:
I tried again with ais the weekend and was pleasantly surprised! I previously tried a few weeks ago when we did a Mini Friday there and it was a nightmare: ai were rolling on almost every curb, flipping on the roof; impossible to race offline! Now they can keep within the track limits, no more flip over. Looks like the last adjustments that Reiza made to ais are doing wonders!
I even tried a race and it worked like a charm! Tbh, I had disable the full course yellow… I would probably have one (but only one!) because an ai spun and a few others got stuck; pretty normal to me with this narrow street course… So you can practice with ai if you want!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 278 36.8%
  • Porsche

Votes: 288 38.1%
  • BMW

Votes: 271 35.9%
  • McLaren

Votes: 176 23.3%
  • Toyota

Votes: 283 37.5%
  • Intel

Votes: 94 12.5%