RD MINI Challenge 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Points System
T.B.D. depending on the amount of entrants

Was there any clarification on this anywhere? Struggling to find it.

Thanks.
Good spot .I'll add those tomorrow or Monday. Thanks.

Guys. I enjoyed today's races immensely. Hope this is a start of an amazing season.

Bring on Bram's Hatch after a rest day tomorrow!!

Well that was an experience, thanx to @Mike McGeer for noticing I was swimming upstream. :thumbsup: You were right, although by the time I worked out where the files were, quali had finished. :( Managed 1.5 seconds quicker in race 2 but had no time to adapt, so in first race things were a tad twitchy to begin with, made a couple tweaks in race 2 and I think I may have something to work with at Brands, thanx again, youm a gent!. :thumbsup: Some really suspect overtake attempts in both races and light flashing may well be part of racing but not in this league. Read the rules chap, flash once if you're lapping someone or if it gets dark. ;)
Have no objection to rubbing but diving up the inside and taking opponents noses off in ones haste to finish early, just lacks respect for ones opponents. :thumbsdown: take a chill pill, it's not a rac........ :O_o: The green torpedo at the chicane was a sight to behold :thumbsup: cheers, cleared a path nicely. :speechless:
Always a pleasure gents and literally can't wait for next Saturday, found the whole experience a delight! :)
Is there a specific reason Div is not using Ts?

Couldn’t hook a decent qualie effort up today, and drove poorly in race 1, where I was lucky to be 3rd. Race 2 on the other hand couldn’t have gone any better with 3rd being the optimum result considering the front two were way ahead.

Bit of a low-key start to the season, but considering this time last week I was having surgery for a long-term medical issue I should be chuffed to bits!

Great broadcast and thanks to Bram and all the organisers. The way the points are and the reverse grid for race 2 are going to make this an extremely tight season, especially as there are several guys capable of winning.

Well that was an experience, thanx to @Mike McGeer for noticing I was swimming upstream. :thumbsup: You were right, although by the time I worked out where the files were, quali had finished. :( Managed 1.5 seconds quicker in race 2 but had no time to adapt, so in first race things were a tad twitchy to begin with, made a couple tweaks in race 2 and I think I may have something to work with at Brands, thanx again, youm a gent!. :thumbsup: Some really suspect overtake attempts in both races and light flashing may well be part of racing but not in this league. Read the rules chap, flash once if you're lapping someone or if it gets dark. ;)
Have no objection to rubbing but diving up the inside and taking opponents noses off in ones haste to finish early, just lacks respect for ones opponents. :thumbsdown: take a chill pill, it's not a rac........ :O_o: The green torpedo at the chicane was a sight to behold :thumbsup: cheers, cleared a path nicely. :speechless:
Always a pleasure gents and literally can't wait for next Saturday, found the whole experience a delight! :)
Is there a specific reason Div is not using Ts?

• Agreed with the lights flashing; it's clearly stated in the league rules.
  • At least 7 of us in Div 2 were on TeamSpeak today I think...I don't think being on TS is required though...but it's definitely more fun with it. I'm one of the new guys, but everyone was cool there.
  • The only minor thing I'd like changed is if we can all adjust our mics so that we're not on at all times. I don't mind talking during the races, and during intense moments I mute TS, but constant background noise on 1 mic makes it harder to hear the other mics.
  • All that said, you guys on TS are better than any yellow flag; I always know when an accident is coming up :roflmao:

With the system I use, no this is not possible. The only way to do this looks rubbish on a broadcast such as this.
It was possible in the past???
unfortunately we would rather watch a 7 car battle for 1st then a 5 car battle for 15th.
So watching 5 overtakes in the top5 is more interesting than checking out 50 in the rest of the field, based on commentator preference? :O_o:
When doing such commentaries, we usually had one person streaming the actual race, and the secondary watching the stream for live action, but also checking around locally for overtakes, incidents and interesting situations. He could then ask the streamer to switch to a specific position or just give a heads up for the viewers on what's happening outside of the camera. It is even more important not having live timings to go by, if one would like to follow a specific driver's position of his/her choice.

Even in today's crappy F1 situation, you get to see Williams, McLaren and Toro Rosso battle out, if that's where the action (and not just suspense) is. :thumbsup:

@PicoBp with all respects, if you want that then do it yourself. At the end of the day yes it is commentators preference. But there were more than 5 overtakes. In f1 you see all the fights cause there arent that many. Just watch the btcc. Do you see the guys scrapping around for last if there is a 7 car fight for the lead? Nope. I love watching the entire field and in clubs i do. But leagues are a lot about the winner. So when there are seven cars fighting it out we will watch them. Sorry to upset you but thats the way it works. If you want to try and cover the entire field in a 20 minute race, be my guest. Its not possible. :)

@PicoBp with all respects, if you want that then do it yourself. At the end of the day yes it is commentators preference. But there were more than 5 overtakes. In f1 you see all the fights cause there arent that many. Just watch the btcc. Do you see the guys scrapping around for last if there is a 7 car fight for the lead? Nope. I love watching the entire field and in clubs i do. But leagues are a lot about the winner. So when there are seven cars fighting it out we will watch them. Sorry to upset you but thats the way it works. If you want to try and cover the entire field in a 20 minute race, be my guest. Its not possible. :)
With all respect, something out of your skillset is not instantly impossible. You don't have to go far to see it can be done, just check out something like the RDTCC S9 streams. If you don't care, that's a different story.
I'd gladly point out the 7 car fight for the lead, but there never was one other than in the opening lap. Or second race? You spent more time showing a "5 way battle for last" than the top 10. Just because it was a reverse grid and the fast guys were back there. So don't tell me it's about the winners and positions. You only care about some of the fast guys, no matter who's else does what on track.
We could easily end the championship here, and just stream hotlaps of Ross (no offense to him, he's phenomenal). It's likely about the winners you said.

I'd gladly point out the 7 car fight for the lead, but there never was one other than in the opening lap.
Just in case you missed the 7 car battle for the lead on the final lap yesterday. I don't disagree with some of the things you are saying but Joseph wasn't lying about the lead battle.
Just remember that both guys on stream yesterday tried their best, and in my opinion, did an amazing job in what isn't an easy job to begin with. With everyone being so close in the MINI's, i'm sure everyone will get plenty of screen time throughout the season! :thumbsup:
7CarBattle.JPG

Not a typo! :)

Guys on the subject of streaming server 2. Not sure why people are more or less demanding server 2 to be streamed. That has never happened before and isn't going to happen for this season either.

If it is so important to be on TV you know where to set your goals for the coming races. Put in a lot of efforts and practice and promote to server 1 as that is where the broadcasting mini is parked in the pitbox.

Both races start at the same time as outlined everywhere and we can't split up Joseph and Paul to commentate on two races at the same time, neither do we have (or want) two official twitch streams. And no, rescheduling isn't an option either as that messes up the Saturday of 24 people.

That said, both Paul and Joseph are doing this as a voluntary task and instead of arguing I rather see a thank you as they have been doing an outstanding job yesterday. Let's be completely honest if in F1 the fight for the lead was this close as yesterday all focus would have been there as well.

I for one haven't missed any of the camera attention yesterday. I drove seconds behind the leader in p2 in race 2 and there was zero TV value to show me or the leader extensively. Instead the faster aliens where slicing through the field like a knife through butter. I know what I as a spectator would like to see: that piece of the action.

Round 1 done, many rounds to go, many things that we can do better as well. But let's have some realistic expectations please.

I as a viewer would like to see the most intense action, not just the fastest guys in action. i'd also like to hear commentary over in-game audio. Would also like to hear the two commentators at the same volume, which is only a question of testing the setup before going live.

Voluntary work is appreciated, but should not be an excuse for lack of preparation or questionable decisions. Neither for being cocky in response when RD is the very same place that have shown the kind of streams that are being flagged as "not possible" by @Joseph Wright.

If it is so important to be on TV you know where to set your goals for the coming races. Put in a lot of efforts and practice and promote to server 1 as that is where the broadcasting mini is parked in the pitbox.

And what about viewers/supporters? Should I spam my fav driver who is in div 2 currently with PM massages to get better so I can see him in Div 1?
Drivers put lots of effort into practice and making liveries, which I and other viewers would like to see but I won't be surprised if they gonna drop from div 2 through the season just because of lack of attention to them.
AOR runs multiple series and divisions (most popular series upto 4 divisions) and they are broadcasting most of them.
And the afternoon broadcast time for a main event is strange anyway. I was sure it's gonna be evening until I checked RD site few minutes before 2pm and was really surprised (at first thought it's a some sort of official practice or a quali with main race to be held in the evening). Next saturday I'm not gonna watch it probably because of work.
For me from a viewer/fan perspective this league has a disappointment start :(

I really urge you to reconsider taking back that part about lack of preparation as you have no idea Tamas how much time people spend on preparing this. That comment isn't fair towards Joseph or any of the others that work overtime to make this happen.

I’ve now watched the streams for both races and can’t see a reason to fault the broadcast team. There was tons of action on display and it was a great advert for the RD mini championship!

Ugh, this is really bringing out the worst in people.

It's just a race - the rules where laid out prior to the qualifications starting - the commentating team have kindly lent their time to the event and are quite relaxed about you others running division 2 (and I'm sure wouldn't mind if you ran a separate commentating team on the same race - I'm sure we would all critique it in the same light).

Thanks all for organising.

Settle down kids!

Well done to the broadcast team, was great to be able to watch the amazing action at the front of the field on replay. I was busy battling the midfield battle all race, so really enjoyed getting to see the super quick guys put on a show like that. 7 cars in it for the win on the last lap, so good. Well done to all, look forward to next week.

I really urge you to reconsider taking back that part about lack of preparation as you have no idea Tamas how much time people spend on preparing this. That comment isn't fair towards Joseph or any of the others that work overtime to make this happen.
I know and respect the work behind organizing a league or even just a single championship, as I've done the same in the past. But I also worked around real life shows with lights and sound. If the mic or ambience wouldn't have been adjusted for a singer, I had been taken off my toes. It's just the matter of having a 2 minute dry run before the actual stream.

I'm not into this whole millennial mindset, where one can only be tapped on the shoulder without pointing out faults to spare them fragile souls. Feedback is to be processed and incorporated as a tool to grow. Ignoring it is one thing, being cocky and thinking that "if I can't do it, noone can" is a bad message.

Not a typo! :)

Guys on the subject of streaming server 2. Not sure why people are more or less demanding server 2 to be streamed. That has never happened before and isn't going to happen for this season either.

Both races start at the same time as outlined everywhere and we can't split up Joseph and Paul to commentate on two races at the same time, neither do we have (or want) two official twitch streams. And no, rescheduling isn't an option either as that messes up the Saturday of 24 people.

That said, both Paul and Joseph are doing this as a voluntary task and instead of arguing I rather see a thank you as they have been doing an outstanding job yesterday. Let's be completely honest if in F1 the fight for the lead was this close as yesterday all focus would have been there as well.

I for one haven't missed any of the camera attention yesterday. I drove seconds behind the leader in p2 in race 2 and there was zero TV value to show me or the leader extensively. Instead the faster aliens where slicing through the field like a knife through butter. I know what I as a spectator would like to see: that piece of the action.

Round 1 done, many rounds to go, many things that we can do better as well. But let's have some realistic expectations please.

Hello bram, can you STOP lying by telling others who read this that people are demanding server 2 that is unbeleivable man, sad what lengths people will go to to smeer a avalid question or flip it into what it wasnt!!!

heres two examples:
example 1 (demand)
bram if i dont get server 2 broadcasted, well im going to get all the guys to quit i better be in server 1 next week

example 2 (asking,opinionated,suggesting)
hello bram, why is server 2 not live (question) it would be better if it was (suggestion) will it be in future (another question)

were payed RD MEMBERS surely our valid points be heard with an open mind rather than this hostility its terrible honestly.
RD team have obviuosly worked hard to get this going but every simracer is also working hard,commited , trying and the list goes on, respect that they are here and fighting.

it seems to be that the heirachy of RD are very clique and do not wish to discuss anything and result to harsh comments rather than a civilised conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 269 34.5%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 214 27.5%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 145 18.6%
  • Watch party

Votes: 64 8.2%