RD Racing Club event Monday July 9

Hy Nik, glad to see you willing to join us! ;) How about your brother? :D

You may find many, many usefull information about the mod, the rules, setups and so on in the sticky threads here. And you are very welcome to ask anything in the discussion thread Nico mentioned above. Don't hide with your opinions (such from outsiders are rare)...

There is a league, and the sign-up will soon open. (The lague will start end of August. Before that there will be at least 3 more races, Spa 18th og June, Monza the 1st of August and Hungaroring the 15th og August I think it is. (Hungaroring, Monza and Spa are the first 3 rounds of the upcomming season).

Here is what the calendar looks like now: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/season-9-general-discussion.51774/page-6#post-1172073

practise race for spa should be the 18th july.

next should be hungaroring on the 8th august.

2-3 weeks later season starts.

weve already done the monza practise race nico, working backwards towards the new season ment monza was first, so we end up with hungaroring practise 2-3 weeks before the main event.

good races:) except kennet blocking me both sides of the track and when i did get past he shunts me in rear giving me suspention damage and just drives off , not sure if he was just to aggressive but there is no way of racing someone that aggressive lol because they just brake your suspention lol, but great races apart from that :thumbsup:

ive watched the replay from all presto regulars and certainly seems kennett is far too aggressive in his defence making more than one move to defend isnt allowed and running a driver off track to keep the position is unfair, the amount of near rear ending from kennett too is a concern, thats been monza and now hockenheim kennett has been less than safe so please sort it out for spa kennett, these are practise and fun races that everyone would like to finish to get well needed practise for the new season treat them with safety in mind, some of the new guys are showing great promise and should be seeing alot more from a regular presto driver.

i know you had problems with your brake pedal last night which might explain the amount of very close calls you had when coming up behind folk all i can suggest there is make sure your brake works properly before you plan on racing with a grid full of cars, braking is the most important apsect of racing, if you cant brake you cant race.

im not trying to single you out here kennett we all make mistakes but thats 2 races in a row your caught up in incidents that are easy avoided by braking earlier, take spa easy and without incidents if possible, leave plenty room and compensate if youve got a dodgy brake pedal.

practise race for spa should be the 18th july.

next should be hungaroring on the 8th august.

2-3 weeks later season starts.

weve already done the monza practise race nico, working backwards towards the new season ment monza was first, so we end up with hungaroring practise 2-3 weeks before the main event.

Moses smell the roses, it's good you are on top of this David, I had acctually forgotten that we already raced at Monza, on top of all the other mistakes I wrote (june instead of July, mistaking Hungary with Hockenheim etc :) )

You are referring on our battle in race1, Chirlie. I have to defend my self and i don't see myself doing anything wrong. Borderline:yes, against the rules: no. I was going all the time to the inside of the track following the racingline, giving room until it came clear you are not going to come beside me before the kink, i looked behind and made my move i chose the inside line and stuck with it until the next corner apex. It really is not my fault if a driver is pushing his nose to constantly disappearing gap. At the time i thought it was you who was unsafe, there were miles of room in the outside. I can't seem to find any example of me doing two moves, following the racingline is not considered as a move.

And most certainly, i never pushed you off the track, you spun all on you own. I touched you in the entry to stadium, you didn't suffer anything, i lost some time slowing down to much more than usually. I did use my usual brakepoint, i would've made that corner. You lost it in the thrid last corner, i was 100m behind then. We really didn't see each other in race 2.

I'll watch my both races to find those rear-endings, they might be there, not sure now, remember only one. I've been more aggressive in practice races, i have to pracitce that aspect but in no way i feel like i've ruined any ones races. We had some contact with Alfonso due to very different braking points/pace, i take full blame for those. I will not be so aggressive once the season starts, i'll return to my safe side by then. But i have to be able to practice attacking and aggresive driving, otherwise i have to forfeit every battle, every time.

Pedals were working fine, FOV caused some troubles at first, going from +100 to 80 is a radical change. But i understood that this why these off-season races are for, to test stuff out that you can't do during the season... And i refuse to give up my right to make mistakes.

EDIT: Watched both race, can find only one rear end collision with Alfonso that was handled on track properly. Following the quickest path around the track can not be considered as a move. If those were perfect straights, it's a little bit different than Hocke where there's kink in all straights... So if someone's following and i go from outside to inside hit the apex of the kink and go outside to the next turn, like i do every lap, i can't consider that blocking in any serious sense. I hope this won't cause any bad blood but can't really take the blame here. I'm sad that there is a disagreement as i really enjoyed that battle, was biting thru my lip the whole time.

One idea: maybe if we do some sparring sessions, during the official practice for ex. Go around a track in packs of 3-4 cars overtaking each other and battling it out. The i wouldn't have to learn it in the race.. ;)

Oh, have to mention this too: won't be happening again, i know now how to behave around you. There were other possibilities in those situations that would've been equally effective and safer..

we have servers up constantly, we have 5 lap races nearly every night, you could practise attacking and aggressive driving anytime but not during official practises or races, you should turn up to these with a half decent knowledge of the track and how you'll drive it, these practise events arent arranged so people can use it as a first experience, their used to let you be ready for the real event which we'd all like to finish with minimal problems so treat practise races like you would the real race.

id also say that practise events are NOT the time to be testing out new brake pedals or fov changes, do that on the presto servers or offline, you should attend practise with a driving setup your used to so as to maximise the effort you put into the session and minimise effort of getting used to a new brake or view, theirs many people in these races to think about not just ourselves so have it sorted out before joining.

I'd say that this has blown out of proportions. David: i had tested the equipment offline, i did my usual three on Cicada before the race. Having other cars around change a lot and AI is not a good sparring partner. I have taken notice, i believe that's what suppose to happen:you learn and don't repeat the same mistake. What else am i suppose to do now? I will not let of my view of what has happened, i have not acted blatantly unsafe repeatedly like it's now stated nor have i been stubborn to accept my responsibility and shown regret I've tested the limits and seen where the line is. I'll apology any harm i've caused and ask for forgiveness on my mistakes. Amen.

Can this now be put to rest or has anyone else something to complain?

i wasnt making any comments about the incident(s) is my last post, i was only replying to your comments about your idea of what a practise session is and how being unprepared when theres alot of drivers on the grid can lead to problems.

ok so is it ok to be BORDERLINE in our races? because from my experience being in presto thats not what the races are about. there is not anytime i feel it is ok to be overly aggressive or borderline aggressive. I feel this needs to be sorted as i think 2 seasons ago with the dangerous drivers email ending in me leaving presto has me very conscious of peoples driving and my own since rejoining, . im not trying to moan lol im just trying to make presto a safer place for everyone hehe :)

First of all, I'm sure we all agree that driving F1 fast will always be driving at the border.

But being borderline does mean to me that you aren't confident anymore with what you're doing. So driving borderline is a No Go!

As an example I agree that my start in race 2 was borderline driving, because things could have become out of (my) control too easy (see vid below). Finally I was lucky but I realised what I was doing wrong (even though no one was harmed), so I learned that lesson and won't do it again this way.

Kennett, I still haven't watched the replays from your perspective but from the above posts it sounds that there have been few (small?) incidents involving you (no matter who's to blame). So I would have liked to see you mentioning those incidents afterwards in addition to the race report. This first step would have made Davids post about the incidents unnecessary, so it wouldn't feel like another driver is pointing on you.

If the involved parties like to get an opinion from other drivers then it would be good to name the time stamps and maybe post the replay file...

To defend Kennett I like to underline that he allready mentioned he is taking full responsibility for his actions and that he will try to be safer now. We just should all agree that practice races must be held at the same high (safety)standards like the regular league events. For some drivers it's a logical thing but maybe it wasn't clear to all. ;)

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 49 9.1%
  • Monthly

Votes: 26 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 32 5.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.4%