RD Rally Championship Season 8 - General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup! I'm getting better at controlling my accidents so that I perform either one full spin or two (or three maybe soon if I go fast enough! :)) so at least I'm facing the right drection afterwards. In Monte I could be fast and consistent. In Sweden it's gonna be one or the other...

General question: Why are the 2010 cars in the same class as the Lancia S4 or the Peugeot 205? In Monte-Carlo it was ok to compete with those beasts, but e.g. in Germany it will be pointless due to a lack of power on the straights. Just wondering, cheers

General question: Why are the 2010 cars in the same class as the Lancia S4 or the Peugeot 205? In Monte-Carlo it was ok to compete with those beasts, but e.g. in Germany it will be pointless due to a lack of power on the straights. Just wondering, cheers
In sweden it wil be advantage to the 2010s for the much better suspension. In what classs would you rather have group b 4wd? Against the rest of 4wd-, group A and R4? There are bigger differences in 2wd+ to be honest.

Ok i would like to register the following 3 drivers in a team is it ok to do it here or does it have to be posted else where.

Driver: Jon Joannides
RaceNet name: doyaneedthis
Car: Ford Fiesta RS
Car Class: 2010's
Team: D.Y.N.T. Motorsport
Number: ..

I have read and understand the rules and agree to abide by them for the duration of
RDRC S8. - Yes
Driver: Gianluigi Burchiani
RaceNet name:TurboTurtle
Car: Lancia Delta HF
Car Class: A
Number: (only for reserved drivers who took part in Season 7)

I have read and understand the rules and agree to abide by them for the duration of
RDRC S8. - Yes

Driver Trevor Lewis
RaceNet name:Trev65
Car: Polo WRC
Car Class: 2010

RDRC S8. - Type Yes Yes

It
Ok i would like to register the following 3 drivers in a team is it ok to do it here or does it have to be posted else where.

RDRC S8. - Yes

RDRC S8. - Yes

Driver Trevor Lewis

RDRC S8. - Type Yes Yes
What has to be done in the sign-up topic, a team consists of 2 cars that must be in the same class

In sweden it wil be advantage to the 2010s for the much better suspension. In what classs would you rather have group b 4wd? Against the rest of 4wd-, group A and R4? There are bigger differences in 2wd+ to be honest.

To add to this, I feel that over the course of the season, the advantages and disadvantages will even themselves out, though I still feel that the 2010's will have the upper hand over the course of the 6 events.

I don't think there are bigger differences in the 2WD+, at least not between "best" and "worst" in class, I would say that the difference between the Kadett and Mini Cooper are big as well.

There are many reasons behind the choices we made when we made the rules, and I don't think it's a secret that if we had known that we would get anywhere near this amount of sign ups, there would've been some differences in the class-structure, nothing major, but some. However, the most amount of total entries through a season in RDRC was 96, that was back in 2011. The league had also been on hiatus for a while, and we had few drivers in the last club events (which was why it was stopped).
We wanted to give people the chance to drive the car they wanted, while they should know that some might be hard to get good results with.
I think I have stated that I hoped for 50 drivers in total for this league, and I also felt sure that we would have to remove at leat one class due to low entrants. I was very wrong there.

RDRC S8. - Yes

RDRC S8. - Yes

Driver Trevor Lewis

RDRC S8. - Type Yes Yes

isn't it teams are only valid in groups of 2 and only in the same class?

It

What has to be done in the sign-up topic, a team consists of 2 cars that must be in the same class

As both Eckhart and Mr.C have said, max 2 drivers in the same team, and must be in the same class, Gianluigi will very likely get the "D.Y.N.T. Motorsport 2/II" name for his team. The reason for not having the same name, even in different classes is that the result-program will read "Not 2 drivers - No Points".

Also, it must be done in the Sign-Up Thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 58 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 31 5.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 39 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.2%