RD Rally Championship Season 8 - General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear you're out of work :(
And I'm very surprised they didn't want to give you guys a review copy. Weird...
As for D4, I'm not sure how it's going to turn out (I found DR quite late, when the bugs were mostly ironed out) but I'm certainly not buying it any time soon, based on what I've read so far.

Sorry to hear you're out of work :(
And I'm very surprised they didn't want to give you guys a review copy. Weird...
As for D4, I'm not sure how it's going to turn out (I found DR quite late, when the bugs were mostly ironed out) but I'm certainly not buying it any time soon, based on what I've read so far.

Also, if you main motivation for D4 is RDRC, there is no hurry. Codemasters have not included the Club (Leagues as it was called in DR) in the release. So we have no way of testing that part of the game with regards to RDRC at the moment either ;) I have not seen any ETA on that function either.

As a game, it is incredibly fun. I'm one of the guys currently in the race to publish the first mod :roflmao:
Sure it has a few flaws. But the playability is great. Your stage is a game changer, and would be incredible for RDRC.
I just hope they release a few tweaks here and there before we start to seriously look at RDRC stuff.

But in terms of RDRC... next season is getting a complete overhaul. :ninja:

it's huge fun as a game as jack said. pity the league-ability is gone. it looks like they try to make the experience so encompassing, you don't need external leagues anymore. if i have seen this correctly, you can now play online rallys against other players at certain times (every hour?), though i haven't tried that bit out so far, there is just so much stuff in this game.

OK thanx for the mag info Ole.
I dont see a league section in D4, not sure how this is going to work

it's huge fun as a game as jack said. pity the league-ability is gone. it looks like they try to make the experience so encompassing, you don't need external leagues anymore. if i have seen this correctly, you can now play online rallys against other players at certain times (every hour?), though i haven't tried that bit out so far, there is just so much stuff in this game.

I seem to recall that the plan was to implement leagues/clubs at some point, just not at release? I might be wrong but I think that the devs said that at least...

Yup, everything I've read points to clubs(leauges) will be implemented some time in the future. After all, the issues we had with a non-working league for a day during RDRC S8 was an update Codemasters did to prepare it for D4 :)

So we getting another Season in Dirt Rally , untill Dirt 4 has it ?

That is extremely unlikely. This is also due to the fact that we have just entered the low-times for Simracing at RD. The vast majority of the users are entering the summer, with family-time, vacation and everything that summer brings. So any season will not start until the weather are getting more depressing again, and people are shutting themselves inside.
Within that time, I expect Codemasters to have implemented the clubs thing. If not, I'll be very disappointed to be honest.

That is extremely unlikely. This is also due to the fact that we have just entered the low-times for Simracing at RD. The vast majority of the users are entering the summer, with family-time, vacation and everything that summer brings. So any season will not start until the weather are getting more depressing again, and people are shutting themselves inside.
Within that time, I expect Codemasters to have implemented the clubs thing. If not, I'll be very disappointed to be honest.

I dunno that game was total disappointment. Notes are bad, 4wd cars are total **** and rwd cars are too easy without power. Even the roads are really boring.

I dunno that game was total disappointment. Notes are bad, 4wd cars are total **** and rwd cars are too easy without power. Even the roads are really boring.

D4 discussion it better in the D4 forum, but I feel that differs between the 4WD cars as well, also inside the same class. Some are awful, others feel pretty nice. Hopefully Codies will address some issues in a patch of 5 :)

I would have to agree with you. Some aspects of the game have been made better, such as rally x, and landrush is insane. But i dont think the rally cars or tracks have been improved at all. I find the dirt rally tracks to be much more realistic, and rally is what i play these games for.
Hopefully codemasters will bring out a second version of dirt rally soon with more countries in it

Hmm, I got the impression somehow (would love to be wrong) that Codies said DR won't have any more content. Please tell me I hallucinated that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 36 8.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 6.8%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.3%