RD Rally Club - WRC Safari Rally Kenya - WRC2 @ Kenya - 22nd to 27th Mar 2024

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
TIfiOMF.jpeg

Not a screenshot this time, but a photo from Skoda Motorsport!
It's that time again. Safari Rally Kenya! We will drag out the WRC2 class again for this event. Mainly because we've done Kenya once before in the club, and that was Group B. So to be a bit kinder, it was no Rally1 for this event.

Session Open: 22nd of March 00:00GMT to 27th of March 00:00GMT
Cars: WRC2
Itinerary:
Shakedown & 45 Min Service
SS1:
Marula - Dawn - Clear - 5.5km
SS2: Malewa - Sunrise - Clear - 9.7km
Service - 45 Min
SS3
: Wileli - Morning - Clear - 4.9km
SS4: Kingono - Morning - Clear - 4.4km
Service - 45 Min
SS5:
Kanyawa - Afternoon - Storm(Wet) - 10.7km
SS6: Nakuru - Sunset - Overcast (Wet) - 10km
Service - 45 Min
SS7:
Malewa - Dusk - Partly Cloudy(Wet) - 9.7km
SS8: Soysambu - Night - Clear (Dry) - 20.7km

Assists & Tuning: Allowed
Hardcore Damage: On!

Have fun! :D

To participate in the event, you must join our WRC-game Rally Club.
You can also read more about the Rally Club here.

oh man, THIS IS RALLY! These Safari stages are stupendous! I will forever be grateful to my son's current girlfriend who talked him out of his T500 which is now on loan with his dad = me ;) This is sooo much fun. I did the official WRC online rally in wrc2 cars at Safari as well last week, cannot get enough of it. The only stage I got through nicely, though, was #3. Lots of small errors in all other stages. Picked the Citroen for its great skin, felt like a boat compared to the Hyundai I used in the WRC official rally, even more so when prudence advised me to pick an extra spare for the epic stage, which I never used, lol.
Thx Ole for another super event, thx to all guys who started and kudos to all who finished.
Two shots:
Screenshot 2024-03-22 212326small.jpg

Screenshot 2024-03-22 213251small.jpg

Thanks Ole for this great event. That was intense and fun too. Im not sure if i made a stage without a small mistake. After the 1 stage I was ... off. Made such a bad mistake ... left is not right! :O_o::roflmao:

Left is right if you are talking about where the steering wheel on a car is supposed to be! Then left is right and right is wrong!:D

Did the rally without a live stream last night. And I was surprised. I felt like I was pushing really hard, and was on the limit, but I was way further down the order than I expected. Did a small mistake on SS3 and SS4, but other than that I was error-free as well. So I really feel ike I should've been higher up.

At least until SS8, where I had an amazing rythm at the start, then went a bit wide, got a puncture, but believed I would lose more time changing than not. Didn't think of all those right-left-right and left-right-left combos... With a puncture, I went a bit wide, which led me to cut the next one and I racked up some cut penalties and also one "reset" penalty that I found very harsh, both time loss and how close to the road I was when it happened :p

All in all I had great fun, and did 7 out of 8 stages with so little errors I will call it error-free. The speed however, just wasn't there.
I'll blame the builder car! Agree @Hartmut2 ? :D

Did the rally without a live stream last night. And I was surprised. I felt like I was pushing really hard, and was on the limit, but I was way further down the order than I expected. Did a small mistake on SS3 and SS4, but other than that I was error-free as well. So I really feel ike I should've been higher up.

At least until SS8, where I had an amazing rythm at the start, then went a bit wide, got a puncture, but believed I would lose more time changing than not. Didn't think of all those right-left-right and left-right-left combos... With a puncture, I went a bit wide, which led me to cut the next one and I racked up some cut penalties and also one "reset" penalty that I found very harsh, both time loss and how close to the road I was when it happened :p

All in all I had great fun, and did 7 out of 8 stages with so little errors I will call it error-free. The speed however, just wasn't there.
I'll blame the builder car! Agree @Hartmut2 ? :D
I totally agree. A fast driver in a slow car is not the best combination. :D

great shots, love the dust as well in this game. funny, though, playing against AI there are never any stranded cars next to the roadside. There used to be far too many in Dirt4, can't remember how Dirt Rally and Rally2 were in this regard, but never passing a stricken car is a bit weird.

great shots, love the dust as well in this game. funny, though, playing against AI there are never any stranded cars next to the roadside. There used to be far too many in Dirt4, can't remember how Dirt Rally and Rally2 were in this regard, but never passing a stricken car is a bit weird.

Yup, I find myself looking at the dust when I should focus on the upcoming corners :p

I prefer this way of doing it than the KT-WRC way, where retired cars were just... random cars, and they might actually finish the stage. You could pass Oliver Solberg on stage, but he still finished ahead of you in timing.
A bit like the Super Specials in those games, where you could race against drivers that weren't even entered in the rally.

Though, modern games have too little retirements overall. I fear it has to do with licensing rules. A bit like Football Manager, back when I started playing it (Championship Manager 01/02), you could have players getting a 6month ban for attacking the ref. etc. This can only happen with Re-gens/New-gens (so, non-real players that is created during the game). There are other things that may only happen with new-gens as well. It's boring...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back