AC RDEC 2023 Registration

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@Interslice Is it possible to post the links to the track mods that will be used?

I have never driven these cars before so I will need as much practice as I can get, especially as I need to choose my car.

I have raced 2 versions of Sebring on RD before, for example, so I need to know if I currently have the right one installed...

@Interslice Is it possible to post the links to the track mods that will be used?

I have never driven these cars before so I will need as much practice as I can get, especially as I need to choose my car.

I have raced 2 versions of Sebring on RD before, for example, so I need to know if I currently have the right one installed...

Hi Douglas. It's this version of sebring.

Hi Douglas. It's this version of sebring.

Thanks Brian. Looks like I have been practicing on a different version so I'll see how I get on with this one.

Still have to decide for sure what car is the best for me....

I noticed the BOP is a bit different from the previous GTE races we've been doing. Is this going to be the new BOP for GTE races going forward, or just for this championship?

About the setups. Do you change a lot between races when you got a setuo you like? Or just gearing, aero, and tires are usually sufficient?

Others know more than me for setting up cars, but what you mentioned plus some ABR & camber adjustments is usually what I fuss around with. For some cars I do tend to use similar settings. Like in the Mx5, I usually run a 0 rear ABR no matter what the track is because I like having the rear end be a little softer on slides.

For some more powerful cars like the GTEs and the RSS GTs we've been driving, I might also turn the diff down if I find the rear is coming around too easily on throttle.

Others know more than me for setting up cars, but what you mentioned plus some ABR & camber adjustments is usually what I fuss around with. For some cars I do tend to use similar settings. Like in the Mx5, I usually run a 0 rear ABR no matter what the track is because I like having the rear end be a little softer on slides.

For some more powerful cars like the GTEs and the RSS GTs we've been driving, I might also turn the diff down if I find the rear is coming around too easily on throttle.
Thanks for that insight. I was wondering if you guys are so quick in building fresh setups (because it would be really sad news for me to have to catch up). I have a really hard time building setups from the ground and usually steal something from here or youtube and then tweak it a little

I learned what I know from others here and their setups. I find youtube and other places to be helpful too, but it's nice to be able to ask the person who made the set up why they made it that way :coffee: Without that help I'd never be at the point where I can tune my car to a set up that suits my driving style (only been sim racing 2 years). Even then, there are many settings I'm not touching because I don't know what they do even though I've read the description multiple times :laugh:

Rasmus has posted links to a few apps before, but two apps he, I, and others use, which helps setups a lot are ProTyres and Camber Extraveganza. The first will help you set tire pressures and the second camber. Once you use those for a bit, you'll get an idea how the changes work and feel on track and can start to get an idea how you like vs "what it says you should do".

For the aero and abr, that's more up to you and something you'll notice in the car within a lap or two in practice. I know my style works better with higher aero and softer abr, so I keep that in mind when practicing a track. For me, usually whatever speed I gain on a straight with low rear wing, I lose in the corners vs a mid/high wing set up where I lose time on the straights but gain back more in the corners.

Between those 4 settings, I think you can get pretty close to a "decent" set up without too much work/laps. Sometimes like I said, I might turn down the diff, but not all cars, and that's a setting you'll notice right away with the change. Hope that helps a bit :)

Last edited:
@t6mek
Ernie makes some stable setups :thumbsup:

I wanted to see how the ferrari drove at mugello anyway, so here's my test setup for there as well if you wanted to give it a try (doing the things I mentioned above). Tires might need a change of pressure on server, but should be close.

Also here's bag of marshmallows because the front left gets hot at that track :D

0004125093966_3_A1C1_0600.png

Attachments

• Testing.ini
    1.9 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 301 34.8%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 243 28.1%
  • WEC app/website