AC RDEC 2023 Registration

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@t6mek
Ernie makes some stable setups :thumbsup:

I wanted to see how the ferrari drove at mugello anyway, so here's my test setup for there as well if you wanted to give it a try (doing the things I mentioned above). Tires might need a change of pressure on server, but should be close.

Also here's bag of marshmallows because the front left gets hot at that track :D

View attachment 642343
Thank you very much, sure will give it a go during the day!
Also Ernie, are you sure you want to spend the Sunday evening either catching after my mishaps or building the advantage to see it crumble later? :roflmao: If you're it would be lovely to try the driver swap, especially in a long race.

You guys are so lovely I sometimes am lost for words :inlove:

Here's an app that might be interesting for the LMP1 drivers: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/intelliboost.17896/

I haven't used it myself and I probably won't (as it'll likely require more practice time than I'm planning to spend :p) but the idea of the app is that you can set up the boost to be more like it was/is in real life, where the boost is predefined for where you are on the track.

Some of the downsides are that it uses the manual KERS button, which can only deploy ERS at 100% and that you can't make any adjustments on the fly.

Here's an app that might be interesting for the LMP1 drivers: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/intelliboost.17896/

I haven't used it myself and I probably won't (as it'll likely require more practice time than I'm planning to spend :p) but the idea of the app is that you can set up the boost to be more like it was/is in real life, where the boost is predefined for where you are on the track.

Some of the downsides are that it uses the manual KERS button, which can only deploy ERS at 100% and that you can't make any adjustments on the fly.
Downside? Manual deployment of ERS at 100% is the fastest way to drive these cars easily. The different levels all make the Hybrid smooth, but dumb as it deploys out of every corner. If you go to somewhere like Road Atlanta, it will use half your battery up through the Esses I'm the first sector, leaving you with nothing for the big straight. Manual Deploy was around 3s faster laptime than High Aggressive I remember from a race we once did there. On a long track like Le Mans, you have to pick and choose which corners you deploy out of carefully and really restrict it for overall laptime.

Mugello I can only see three corners that are likely to be worth using Hybrid out of. Anything other than "Charging" with manual deployment will just be seconds thrown away for nothing.

If this App can replicate that without me having to press the button to deploy, then that's awesome. I hope it doesn't get angry if I overwrite that "press" earlier in the lap for an overtake.

Last edited:
Downside? Manual deployment of ERS at 100% is the fastest way to drive these cars easily. The different levels all make the Hybrid smooth, but dumb as it deploys out of every corner. If you go to somewhere like Road Atlanta, it will use half your battery up through the Esses I'm the first sector, leaving you with nothing for the big straight. Manual Deploy was around 3s faster laptime than High Aggressive I remember from a race we once did there. On a long track like Le Mans, you have to pick and choose which corners you deploy out of carefully and really restrict it for overall laptime.

Mugello I can only see three corners that are likely to be worth using Hybrid out of. Anything other than "Charging" with manual deployment will just be seconds thrown away for nothing.

If this App can replicate that without me having to press the button to deploy, then that's awesome. I hope it doesn't get angry if I overwrite that "press" earlier in the lap for an overtake.
Using manual boost is indeed fastest, but I don't think exclusively using manual boost is, which is what this app does. Out of corners you'd want the extra traction of the AWD system, but you don't want it 100% as it'll make you understeer quite badly and lose laptime that way.
I've pretty much always used the lowest deployment mode, along with manual boosting.

@t6mek
Ernie makes some stable setups :thumbsup:

I wanted to see how the ferrari drove at mugello anyway, so here's my test setup for there as well if you wanted to give it a try (doing the things I mentioned above). Tires might need a change of pressure on server, but should be close.

Also here's bag of marshmallows because the front left gets hot at that track :D

View attachment 642343
Nothing wrong that I could find with the setup, but it is just plain difficult to drive.
:)
Reminds me of the RSS Lister storm, you just have to be fully conscious of it all the time.

PS
Perhaps on a less demanding circuit it would be very different.:unsure:

Last edited:
Nothing wrong that I could find with the setup, but it is just plain difficult to drive.
:)
Reminds me of the RSS Lister storm, you just have to be fully conscious of it all the time.
I drove it a few laps already and feel like te front could bite a little bit more? Wondering if softening it would help?

From what I over heard on Discord, from Enzo, I think, you use “ low preserve “ for the Audi, then you use that KERs button on any long straight.
The rest is just obvious setup ?
What tyres do most go for too?

Last edited:
I’ m no expert with the Audi Ernie, but yes, I went with low preserve and mediums on Sunday and it was a nice balance.
Low preserve will automatically use small amounts of boost out of some corners leaving the driver to chose when to manually use the rest.
Charging mode gives the driver all the control over boost but it can spin up when you don’t want it all if not careful.
I use the LMP dash app which easily shows the state of charge and how much has been deployed.
I think Enzo used softs for the second stint.

Yep, I pretty much always use the Low Preserve setting, then use the KERS button to use up any remaining energy if possible. With Mugello being a long lap with quite a lot of 3rd/4th gear exits, there wasn't much energy left. Around here, I only used the KERS button out of the final corner. The Toyota has more boost available though.

I did my pitstop with something like 16 minutes to go. Originally I was going to stop halfway for 8L of fuel and a new set of mediums, but as the fuel came out of the car, I noticed I wasn't keeping temperature in the mediums, so instead I decided to run a bit longer and take softs for the last bit. They got a little bit hot through Arrabiata, but would cool down on the straight so it was fine.

Here's my quali lap and I've attached the setup as well. For the quali lap, keep in mind that I used ALL of the available boost exiting the final corner of the outlap. The rest of the fast lap was on low preserve again.

I'll try to upload a setup for both the Audi and the Toyota for Sebring. If not before the prologue race, then definitely ahead of the championship race.

Attachments

• R18_R_MUG_V001.ini
    2.2 KB · Views: 45
Thank you so much for the setup and qualifying lap, will compare your setup with mine, should be interesting. I am only about 0.5 seconds off, it will make comparison easier.

In the end, basically the same setup as yours, apart from mine is:-stiffer roll front, softer rear. More TC. Less diff power, less diff coast, and I was on softs.

So Thankyou for your help Enzo.:):):)

I also noticed, these cars are much more stable than GTE class, with nearly double down force, it stabilises the car in situations were the GTE cars would be probably visiting the scenery.

I can see the problems we have in this mixed class, if the GTE is put into a negative situation it can become unstable, the LMP1 can easily adjust its position, brake and it is stabilised by it lower weight and extra downforce, with probably less loaded tyres in the “same” situation as the GTE car.

It is the speed differential and the desire not to accept that loss of time coupled with the probability of instability with the GTE class on the limit.
So with the GTE class on the limit of stability, you are then up against a car that is well under its race pace and consequently in a very stable state.

Driving both classes is an eye opener.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 301 34.7%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 243 28.0%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 162 18.7%
  • Watch party

Votes: 67 7.7%
  • At a friends house