AC RDEC Round 5 @ Monza - Sunday 10th September 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Interslice

Club Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Assetto Corsa Racing Club Endurance Championship. For Round 5 we are off to Monza for 1.5 hours of multiclass action!!

Join us!

All premium members using their full real name in the forum, in game and discord can sign up for this event.

Need a warm-up or want to start online racing at a gentler pace? There is an MX-5 + Abarth multi-class every Wednesday. We also run a practice server all week for both events.

Monza2010.png

• Practice Server: #10 (Available throughout the race week)
  • Race server: #10 RaceDepartment - Netherlands
  • Additional Qualification events - See ACSM Server #10 Calendar
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 DST, 18:00 UTC | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:00 CEST, 20:00 DST, 19:00 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 DST, 19:20 UTC) | 90 minutes - Race

Cars:

LMP1

GTE (Restrictor/Ballast)
  • Porsche 911 RSR (25%, 30kg) Liveries
  • Corvette C7R (15%, 20kg)
  • Ferrari 458 GT2 (0%, 10kg)
  • BMW M3 GT2 (0%, 0kg)

Event details:
  • Track: Monza OSRW
  • Pit stop: Mandatory pit window between 10 and 80 minutes
  • Track Temps: 20C air/27C track
  • Track Condition: Clear, Light wind.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Assists: Factory
  • Standing Start: Jump Start = Drive through penalty

Useful Links:

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers

If you run off track, you must check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Always try to re-enter the track parallel to the racing line. Stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

When joining the track from the pits, remain inside the white line and stay off the racing line until you are up to speed.

During qualification, do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody, sending them off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. You will get 2 warnings before a 10 second penalty for exceeding track limits to your advantage. Any warnings/penalties are displayed in the chat window at the end of each lap.
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium member.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

• Video guide to multiclass racing - Click here
  • It is the responsibility of faster cars to safely overtake cars in slower class. (Blue flag is being shown to the slower car or not) The slower car should be predictable and remain on the racing line. The faster car should execute the overtake only when it is safe to do so. LMP1 should have, at a minimum, full overlap with a GT car before the corner apex.
  • If a faster car is lapping another car in the same class, the normal blue flags gentleman's rule applies; some cooperation may be required to facilitate the overtake, usually a slight lift at the start of a straight. Please be sensible.
  • Separate qualification runs will happen for LMP1 and GTE classes. First 10 minutes for LMP1, second 10 minutes for GTE. GTE cars must not exit the pit lane before 10 minutes have elapsed. LMP1 must not start a lap after 10 minutes have elapsed. You may be kicked from the server by race control if you ignore this rule.
  • Points/Penalty information - Click here
  • All other Racing Club Rules still apply to this event.
  • Discord is highly recommended for all club races. For multiclass it is particularly important.

Last edited:
Track limits
  1. You will get 2 warnings before a 10 second penalty for exceeding track limits to your advantage. Any warnings/penalties are displayed in the chat window at the end of each lap.

Slight change here from previous rounds.

If you feel you incorrectly got a 10 second penalty it can be appealed with video evidence etc.

The BOP for the Corvette and 911 should be 20%/20kg, the BOP on the 911 makes it totally useless against the C7, the compounded error feeds into the Ferrari and BMW, making them both useless against the C7R..
It is really bad, so it isn’t a GTE class it is a C7R only class, I have seen 4 aliens and a bloke in the BMW fighting it out for 20 laps with them all in close proximity.
How the C7 is at that BOP makes no sense at all, the best I can see is the C7R and 911 should be at least the same.:(

PS I would like to drive the 911, BMW or Ferrari against the C7, these BOP’s are miles off.:O_o:

Last edited:
so it isn’t a GTE class it is a C7R only class

Maybe not a perfect BOP, there never is. In the 2 races Fulvio has entered in the 911 he has a win at sebring and a p2 at Spa, where he started from the back, probably not practiced or anything.

Last edited:
It is miles off Brian, Fulvio is up to 3 seconds a lap quicker than me, usually 2 sometime 1 second. Depending on circuit length.
We cannot use exceptional drivers to dictate BOP, it trickles down the line making it very difficult for us more normals.
I would like to think that BOP is a way of making everyone race with a purpose, rather than nowhere at the back.
In the 911 vs the CR7 I am 2 seconds of the pace at Sveg, after seeing the the qualifying times “more “.
The Corvette should struggle against the 911, not totally demolish it.

I based the BOP on 4 aliens driving the CR7, 911 RSR and a normal driver in the BMW.
Everyone one was fighting for first place for most of the race.
You can completely forget the Ferrari and BMW.
The Bmw and Ferrari should be as competitive as the Corvette.
The BOP on the Corvette and Porsche is for the benefit of the Ferrrari and BMW.

I want to say just my point of view, but it is not. It is an accurate truth.
:)

To briefly and succinctly join the discussion. I would also like to see the 911 throttled down less. In the races so far I haven't had a chance against the Corvettes. As an indicator of this, I can always take exciting races against Robert @Alfred Wayne. Not under these conditions.

It would be nice if the remaining races were exciting again.

If that's not desired or just doesn't work, that's okay too.

It should be 20%/20kg both cars. So I agree Hank. If Robert will forgive the comparison, he is usually of late a second quicker and 1/2 second a lap in these types of races.. The 911 should give me a very small bit of a lift on that situation, as you said Hank, giving me something to compete with.
That includes the Bmw and Ferrari, both of these cars I can be competitive in.
But with this format of Bop’s these car are useless in the hands of normal’s.

Last edited:
I'm always up for closer racing :) that said, I'm giving all the GTEs a go right now with quali set ups (can share them when I'm done). So far the BMW is .6s off my fastest Corvette time, and the ferrari is .2s faster than my fastest Corvette lap :O_o: which I was not expecting. But I tweaked someone elses base set up for that car, maybe my setup skills aren't what I think :roflmao: Their gearing really helps the ferrari get out of the chicanes faster.

Still have to give the Porsche a try, and I'm not sure how the quali setup translates to race setup, but so far, the ferrari and BMW can take the big sausage kerbs better than the vette, which gains them time in the chicanes I think.

I'll do a few laps with race fuel to see how they stack up when not on super softs and 15L

I can make inroads to some cars because they can be safely run with less wing, some cars are too difficult for me when configured to the same Coefficient of drag.
Some cars suit high cornering speed drivers, some cars suit point and squirt drivers, some car are good at entry turn in some exit stability with good traction and torque.

Now the Corvette uses its high Torque, when coupled with high cornering speeds makes for a quick car.
The Porsche relies on mid engine with an unusual amount of stability for a mid engine car?? higher downforce and an engine that is red lined everywhere, a Corvette it is not.

I really do not think you can stick a driver in a car and create a fair BOP. it just does not work like that.

When I race in GT3 I choose 4 different cars on different tracks. there are cars that beat me easily that I just cannot get on with.

The BOP has always been 20%/20kg for Porsche and Corvette, giving Ferrari and BMW a fair shout, I am repeating myself.:unsure: But I never remember thinking it was unfair, far from it, it was always close racing.

Now it is Corvette or Corvette or maybe Corvette.

If we were all top class professional drivers with a couple of tenths separating us all of us, then I can see the Bop system making sense, when you introduce clowns like me into the mix then it becomes none functioning BOP system.:confused:

I am not a porsche driver :roflmao: Too much tail wag for my driving style. Hardest car to take that 3rd chicane. It remains a mystery to me :coffee: 1s off my pace in the others. Here are the quali like set ups for the Ferrari and BMW i was using if anyone wants. Knocked my BMW time to within .2s of Ferrari and "vette".

One thing I tried that I found quite helpful (not sure if its mental or real lol) was moving the TC to 1 or 2. Allowed me to run a low wing without the tail getting too loose in the chicanes (was running a 3 front, 1 rear wing in the BMW with 2 TC). Unlike some street cars with TC, I never noticed the rear power cutting out during a slide or slight overturn. Seemed more to keep the car stable and maybe upped the Force feedback in my wheel? I find sometimes the GTE kunos cars to have a lighter FFB than their GT3 counterparts.

Attachments

• BMW GT2 Monza Quali.ini
    1.9 KB · Views: 35
  • Ferrari GT2 Monza Quali.ini
    1.9 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
All runs within 1/10th of a second. soft tyres. MONZA

911 RSR GTE
CD = 0.93
Eff = 2.90
Drag peak = 315
Peak down force = 970 kg
Fuel = 40 litres

No BOP = 1-48-0.0
25%/30kg = 1-49-08 1.8 seconds loss on average

CR7 R GTE
CD = 0.88
Eff = 3.00
Drag Peak = 311
Down force = 970Kg
Fuel = 40 litres

No BOP = 1-48-0.25
BOP = 15%/20Kg = 1-49-0.1 0.85 seconds loss on average.

911 RSR GTE
BOP 15%/20Kg = 1-49-0.1

i think what is said before is important, restrictors actually should increase torque, so a smart driver who is chasing cornering speed, and riding on max torque will be or should be quicker out of the corners, but top speed should have a similar effect. Obviously i do not know if the software can use this.
So the CR7 R should be less affected by the restrictor than a 911 RSR which is a revving power engine, so restricting a 911 should have more effect than the same on a high capacity high torque engine.

THE END..

Just tested it there again, as it's a long time since I BOP'd these...

I'm 0.1 seconds off Robert's qualy on SS with 25%/30kg. 1:48.9
That was with my Fuji setup and a long time since I drove it. Didn't even touch tyre pressures and made a mistake in all the chicanes. Only threw together 5 or 6 laps.
Robert is usually a half a second quicker than me these days. Reckon I could take him here if I was in the RSR the last 6 months and racing here proper ;)
Unless he's sand bagging friday qualy!! :D

Last edited:
I wasn't sandbagging, but after seeing Hanks time... I had to try again :D

I'm sure some other times will come in and mix things up, but at the moment Ernie, Hank qualified about .05s faster than me. Seems you talked the corvette's advantage away ;):roflmao:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 418 69.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 262 43.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 284 47.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 124 20.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 168 27.9%
Back